I think people got upset about Soldier's announcement because it seems forced

seems? it is… even Mortal Kombat has better writing of lgbt characters

I don’t know much about your upbringing, but I was raised to think for myself and do research before talking out of my backside about things I don’t understand. Research takes time. Forgetting about slapping something into google and having all the answers you’ve ever desired slap you in the face. That’s how the sheep get led astray.

LMAO. The good old “Bother and befuddle! The charlatan has bested me! Quick! I shall call him a kid as if that somehow validates the nonsense I’ve posted thus far and begone!”

It was fun talking to you.

Do research.

1 Like

I do not understand this stance. He ended his one opportunity to have a family in order to be Overwatch’s father. If anything, it strengthens what you saw in him. He gave it all up, and given how it turned out he has regrets.

And I don’t think your Reinhardt analogy washes either. Did they “sell Jack to the gays”? That’s so silly.

You apparently aren’t even capable of remembering your very last post:

3 Likes

I’ve looked up topics like this before, I just haven’t read that list.

“Research” pertains to systematic investigation, not a cheat sheet. Granted, this isn’t a topic that I’m obsessively interested in, so I haven’t looked up as much as I probably should have, but I can guarantee you that guy hasn’t even read a book or an article on the topic to consolidate his view. He just heard it in a video and thought: Yup, that makes sense.

It wasnt his one chance at a family because he made a new one, his Overwatch family.

Analogy wasn’t trying match up to Soldier being gay, stop making everything about that.

You actually don’t know McCree’s sexuality either.

It is the presumption of straightness in the face of no evidence that is biased. If you thought Soldier’s sexuality was a retcon and are mad about that, you’ve got some things to work on.

1 Like

Yeah but reworks and balance changes are subject to change. I highly doubt Blizzard is gonna about face on Soldier being gay. Somethings can change, others likely won’t, and lore stuff tends to be in the ‘likely won’t’ category.

People are annoyed because him being gay was hinted at beforehand and his reveal handled respectfully ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Jack seems to think that it was his one chance. Hence the wistfulness.

So, if it isn’t about “the gay”, then why are were here?

Which means he doesn’t see the Overwatch team as his family, which is the opposite of what we were told.

The very obvious narrative was that Jack was feeling that the trade of one potential family for another failed family was a poor one. That’s why he’s so broken – the family he pursued fell apart. He’s wondering if he made the right choice.

This was pretty clear. I think you’re projecting something into the narrative that wasn’t there, and ignoring what was there.

1 Like

You think they had the writers- who have absolutely no bearing on the balance or programming- take months to make an unnecessary short story to distract from the game’s quality in the present day?

Only way this could be a bigger conspiracy is if frogs were thrown in.

Why months? It doesn’t take too long to edit already written story.
And Blizzard could use some extra reputation points from certain community, after all controversy company is in already.

Why are people still bringing this up hahaha

In any case if a simple page of of it out of 14 pages seem “forced” to you, in a natural conversation, then its always going to seem forced.

3 Likes

Did you know there are people like that in real life who are gay? Maybe things would stop seeming “forced” if you didnt expect stereotypes and undestood that we are real people with various personalities.

Edit: I wasnt replying to you nep but the forums decided I was lol

2 Likes

I’m not talking about editing. I’m talking about planning an illustrated short story from start to finish. People seriously think they went through all that trouble for a distraction, as if a multibillion dollar company actually cares that much.

When Occam’s Razor suggests it was a lore update due out regardless of what the people here were arguing about in terms of game balance.

1 Like

It was lore update, but whole twist appears to be added at the end. Didn’t even have to change photo, since they could simply be friends.

I’m happy there’s an LGBT hero.

I’m not happy because to me, while I don’t think it was forced, I do think it’s Blizzard using us LGBT folk as a marketing tactic…

“Oh, people are getting less and less interested. Time to add an LGBT hero and get them back.”

'Sides, what’s wrong with having a gay man defy stereotypes? There’s nothing wrong with embracing stereotypes, but having the seemingly Manly Man straight dude be gay is pretty different, I must admit.

That pose was in beta… Tracer was revealed as lesbian in December 2016

Us “ESS JAY WOOS” didn’t like the pose because it seemed pretty damn fanservicey and it hardly matched Tracer’s personality. Her current one is more playful and fun.

lmao, mccree is next in line, theyll make him bi or something, they acknowledge the mchanzo crowd
rein on the other hand is the epitome of heterosexuality