I think I see where the DPS players are going (am I wrong?)

The fundamental problem of this game (and this would explain the community) is that it’s a hybrid genre. People who have more of a MOBA background can tend to do tank and those with a more raw FPS background tend to do damage (Which is why it’s the more popular role usually since that’s the most popular genre). My only feedback is I REMEMBER how miserable it was for support in the beginning. DPS would do nothing to help you when it’s us vs the attacker and have the “you’re on your own mentality”. I think the root of the issue is everyone needs to play more as a team but everyone, including blizzard always seem to be two faced and saying X when it’s convenient to their emotional reaction to a situation. The question I don’t see answered in response to OP support is how are we supposed to stay alive to a flanker without playing someone like Brig? Most supports don’t have the mobility or ability to outrun most DPS players and a lot of our kit is tailored to helping everyone. The other thing is everyone has the same number of supports, DPS, and tank. Why is it a problem? Why is it a problem for one side and not the other if the issue isn’t just being unfun to deal with. Everyone has a different role in the team. Different responsibilities and with many things in life, that has different perks. (Not denying problems, but I’m tired of the baby being thrown out with the bathwater) The other problem that’s happening is Blizzard keeps blurring the roles with their new heroes.

I understand where the DPS is coming from after finally easing into the role (Look at my profile for perspective). Every fight is a challenge but to me, that’s just how it should be. I’m willing to say DPS shines in raw skill (aiming and slight target prioritization) since support has a lot more responsibilities and the perk is the role is easier mechanically. I think that’s a fair trade off and can exist in tandem especially since you can swap roles anytime.

4 Likes

Didn’t you show that Ashe does win the war of attrition?

And that

Was 100% wrong, and you are being upset that someone pointed that out?

I just did math to prove you needed back to back headshots to outdps Ana’s healing at a reliable pace under the pretense of Ashe not getting fired upon.

This is insanity Robot.

Do you know what was insane?

^^^^^ - this was.

Do you know what else is insane? Thinking that Blizzard will change the situation materially without having a plan to get the support players to queue.

You want Blizzard to nerf supports, you need a plan here. Just moaning that supports do more damage and healing now, when it was needed to get enough of them to queue isn’t it.

You want to talk about how to fix it? I’m here for that, I really am. But this whining isn’t it. It fixes NOTHING.

2 Likes

I think I’ll be fine on my Moira. Control over OP status has always helped me on her and she is by far my most effective support to play.

You really don’t think this will affect a flex player like me? I mean I play mostly tank, but I need a change of scenery every so often.

Bro is racist against dps i’m telling

Bro just because you are not even good enough to reach gold on the most broken role in the game doesnt mean that they are not op it just shows that some people couldnt escape silver with jesus as playable character. Be grateful they are that op right now otherwise you would chill in bronze like your tank role.

3 Likes

Now he would be an interesting support. I’d play him as a character.

It’s upsetting that some players are still gold on support despite their current turn your brain off playstyle :rofl:

1 Like

Illari needs at the least 2 seconds doing HS to kill you
Hanzo, ashe, mree, widow etc
Melt you in less than 1 second
And if illari miss one HS it’s 3 seconds
Pylon is the only reliable way of heal she has, if you destroy it she can’t heal, she loses her sustain, and she has 2 seconds to kill you (if she just land HS)

this forum has always been a support circle-jerk, complaints about strawman DPS players were constant wayyy before OW2

1 Like

There is no Support passive right :joy::joy:

It is an out of combat ability. It doesn’t work in combat, because if you can’t deal a single point of damage to the support in 3.5 seconds, you are not in combat with them.

5 Likes

How is that possible when the supports on your team are dying?

2 Likes

Sorry thats the biggest Low elo take ive seen. Any decent Support just breaks los and reengages with full hp sorry to break it for you

2 Likes

I’m not low elo.

How long are they breaking LOS? and you think you are still fighting them? Dude, you are not fighting them if you can’t get a single point of damage on them for 3.5 seconds, AND they can heal back up at 15/second.

Seriously… At this point, you have obviously started fighting someone else, or you are literally the worst OW player in the world.

3.5 seconds is a LONG TIME to not be able to land a single point of damage, and still think you are in combat with someone.

9 Likes

still salty about the support nerfs coming huh?

Just like with everything else, there are some who can play them well and some who can’t. Simple as that.

Just because X is OP, that doesn’t mean everyone who plays it is as good as top 500.

Yea most of the complaints are either by losing to a Kiriko by standing still, walking in a straight line or watching their streamer play in Top 500 where an Illari 2 taps them across the map and applying the consistency in their plat games and acting like every Illari does that.

I really don’t expect them to be what people expect them to be :slight_smile:

Blizzard isn’t going to mess their queues, so it won’t be all of them, and the few they do change are likely to be buffed in other areas.

I think people are not going to be happy when they see the actual changes.

2 Likes