I rely on Pursuit to teach me how to play Overwatch properly. With pursuit banned, i don't even know what i'm good at

Thanks for those important details that everyone was conveniently leaving out.

Tell me this, what advantage does someone using pursuit have in your game that affects the outcome of said game? What does pursuit do to correct a players actions live in your game? How does it give them an advantage over anyone else in the game?

None. This sounds like a trivial non-issue to me and also an incredibly useless stupid program.

1 Like

It might as well be for most players. And glad we agree it’s not an issue, even though you just agreed with an entire rant on why it apparently is an issue.

The issue is that it is recording stats “live” to give you post-game assistance. Even if you made software that handicapped you it would still be against the ToS to do this.

Just learn to play the game yourself.

There are endless amounts of free resources to help you get better, the most prominent being YouTube videos and Twitch streams of your favorite heroes.

It may do it live but it has the same outcome as if someone did it after the fact. You can still record gameplay and replay it back for pursuit. It still works, it’s just sort of a pain for those who would use it (I imagine). And I haven’t used pursuit, but I imagine for some people it’s nice to not have to wait for a coach. Especially if you are just wanting to check little things.

That’s irrelevant. If it is hooking into the games memory then you are violating Blizzard’s ToS. Whatever the end result may be they have to draw the line somewhere.

Which I understand. Though to refer to it as cheating is a stretch. It is violating the ToS, though his whole point is

Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Gosh, you’re right. I don’t have Shadowplay–a third party program–so I can’t record the game without creating a massive drop in my FPS.

People that do use Shadowplay clearly get an advantage, since they can ask for VOD reviews with great quality VODs where I cannot. Ergo, they get an unfair advantage.

Shadowplay also should be banned.

For the record, you’re being ridiculous.

What has pursuit taught you so far?

You need to take the training wheels off at some stage!

Oh. Well done

Oh, acquiring data from a 3rd party program to analyze your gameplay post game is now cheating?
Guess we need to buy coaching sessions now, or spend 3x more time to climb because finding its own mistakes and correcting them is way harder than it is for a spectator, either automated or not.
Can’t wait for the Overbuff ban Kappa