I rely on Pursuit to teach me how to play Overwatch properly. With pursuit banned, i don't even know what i'm good at

Blizzard, wtf ? I rely on pursuit and they don’t use any cheating mechanism.

2 Likes

Watch youtube vidoes. ask good players, practice.

7 Likes

I watch Jayne when he does vod reviews, he really helps a lot with things like positioning, when to use ults, stuff like that

LOL! Time to get good. This is the funniest post I’ve seen in ever. Thanks for the laugh!

4 Likes

So without an external program, you can’t tell if you’re doing good at someone or not. Funny

2 Likes

Pursuit gives good advice and recommendations. When you don’t have friends to play with, pursuit is the only friend I have. So which part of it was funny? People are not always available. Please be mindful before you write something here

4 Likes

You should really learn to play without an app telling you what to do

4 Likes

espada, I understand that you want to get better as soon as possible but it’s also possible to improve by trial and error, or by practicing in a team or by yourself. Go into the practice range for a bit and make sure your aim is up to par, then play some comp. After each game think back while queuing for the next one and ask yourself questions such as “What did I do wrong? How can I fix it? Should I have swapped heroes?” If you truly want to improve then reflect on your game play and think of what you can do to improve it. Pursuit is an app that does that thinking for you, so if you can do the thinking yourself there is no need for such an app. I also agree that watching coaching VODs and some pro matches is helpful, even if it’s for a role you don’t play as it will still help with cool down management, positioning, etc.

Hope this post helps, and good luck climbing friendo!

1 Like

While I don’t agree with the banning of the Pursuit app, Pursuit doesn’t fully teach you teamplay-skills and other soft-skills required to succeed in this game. Unfortunately, a lot of players don’t care for teamplay-skills and (arguably most importantly) soft-skills, so your best bet is to start recording games and have coaches such as Jayne or ioStux among others review them, or you can go to the Overwatch University subreddit.

2 Likes

That was funny.

Seriously, you only need 2 things:

• Watch VOD reviews like Jaynes at your rank, he will give you info on what to look for.
  • Then record/watch your game you will see a ton of mistakes to fix.
1 Like

Ok guys. Thanks guys. I’m done with this game.

You must be new here

2 Likes

Played 1200 hours mostly solo. Never needed a tool to tell me how. You’re ridiculous lol.

3 Likes

Nvm … thanks for the comments. Enjoy the game.

He’s just trying to get better, let him try his own methods. At least he’s actively attempting to get better rather than just grinding

4 Likes

He admitted to cheating (use of in-game 3rd party software of any kind is cheating), then he got his feelings hurt when he was called out for it. Now he’s gonna quit with his tail tucked between his legs because none of the responses he got were supportive of his cheating??

Yeah. Well… bye.

2 Likes

Pursuit is not a cheating tool. It is base on statistics, teaching people to play better and look on their gameplay as a whole. WTF

7 Likes

Since watching Jayne, have you climbed into the next SR bracket? Or…

1 Like

No, it isn’t. The fact that something is banned does not make it automatically cheating. The only reason Pursuit is banned is because, if I understand it right, the game software can’t tell the difference between the programs gathering data, so Visor and Pursuit are both banned because Blizzard can not control it on the players end. Pursuit, however, offers you statistic data kind like Overbuff does after the fight, it does not provide an unfair advantage, and is even used by some OWL teams if I remember it right, because Blizz can control it in the OWL environment.

3 Likes

Actually, yeah. I wouldn’t say it was just watching Jayne, but i got out of gold, now im ~2620 iirc