I Really Wish The Average DPS Player On Competitive wasn't a dumpster fire

I supposedly play DPS better than I play tanks. But I play tanks because I don’t want to wait 9 minutes and want to farm boxes and credits because I will never spend cash on loot boxes for things I want.

So…that’s why DPS might be trash. Not all of them are, but people aren’t playing roles because they’re the best at them. They’re playing them based on what they want to play.

I’m sure that was a problem that was SO hard to predict! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve seen some great Widows, as I said.

But she’s high skill floor. In silver Widows are generally going to be poor. They need to learn their craft until they’re consistent enough to land head shots.

You can get far more value out of Junkrat or Symmetra, both super eezee high impact dps.

But the Widow has more potential. As does, arguably, Sombra. Just happens Sombra utterly terrible in silver.

I don’t begrudge dps any hero choices. If they want to play Genji 1v6 into Symmetra and Mei and die over and over again, then fine. They bought the game. They waited 10+ minutes to play. They can play who the heck they want.

1 Like

Go play dps then…

I feel bad whenever I play DPS. I can’t even get myself to complete placements. I’m so happy that role queue is out because I can stick to my tanks and supports. I’d rather heal trash than be the trash because at least then they can probably get some hits off before they die and I can finish.

As his life in the video steadily climbs due to competent healer…

GTFO

1 Like

most games are lost because of unskilled tanks. they literally have to bribe people with credits/loot boxes because nobody will play a role they dont understand

My favourite part is when your DPS keep running a Genji into Sym, Zarya, Brig, Moira, and refuse to switch to a hitscan for the enemy Pharah, leaving one (or both) of the supports to switch to Ana/Baptiste, reducing the healing out put during team fights bc they have to concentrate the Pharah

1 Like

You are aware that you would have been dead almost immediately into that fight if it weren’t for the simultaenous Moira and Mercy pocket, right?

Because if you’re not, you need to learn basic self awareness.

Some of the tank players in the game actually still do their job of protecting their team and creating space.

Look at the gap between his Tank SR and his support SR lmao I’ve never seen a gap that bad before

Preach it!

It’s already bad enough you are required to have a Moira on your team if you want to win, but every game is so dependent on your DPS players.

1 Like

DPS in your rank wished your Tank/Support play isnt dumbster fire.

Or should we place you in a scrim with 11 OWL players and let you be the dumbster fire?

If your DPS teammate is bad and they are in the same rank with you, maybe you aren’t as good as you think?

Such lack of self awareness.

2 Likes

Usually i find the dps that are crying and whining about that are the ones that run past my shield like an idiot and expect the healers to dive into a crowd of enemies just for them…

honestly at this point My DPS are free to rambo it all the way and die like idiots because I’m not gonna concern myself anymore with protecting team mates who are a waste of my time

best advice i can give tanks/healers that are dealing with obnoxious dps…just screw them if they are gonna just make bad decisions and trickle in all the time

they don’t deserve any attention from the tanks or healers they have forfeit that right to get heals or proection

1 Like

You do not have to always have barriers to succeed… so tired of this thought process… at the highest elo maybe, but certainly not lower. Considering 3/4 of the team doesn’t even use the shield, it matters little in most cases except for tank health.

I honestly cannot buy the DPS are the core problem argument, I see plenty of trash tanks and supports who cannot play in equal amounts. Its just a general problem since Blizz absurdly has no training videos in the game to teach people to even think about positioning and how to work as a team.

1 Like

For the record, the dps players are thinking this about the tanks and supports too. People are really bad at this game, quit getting mad at the dps for not carrying you.

And you think a 200 SR difference is bad. Behold

2 Likes

haha yeah exactly, bronze silver players complaining that they’re team mates are crap. Well… honestly if you’re below gold then you’re really missing something serious with how to play the game in general. No matter what role you’re on.

I’m currently rated something like 2650 on dps. I barely played dps in other seasons. Even I can reach that rank and win about half my games there with limited hours on the role. And yes I have games where my team mates seem useless, likewise I have games where they are probably thinking the same about me.

But, you should be focusing more on your own gameplay, your own mistakes, and eventually by improving those you’ll win more games. You’re always going to have games with bad team mates, but giving that as an excuse for why you’re in bronze or silver is just wrong. Those ranks are easy to climb out of if you’re half decent at the game.

1 Like

yeah so true. Honestly I find these days (and maybe it’s always been the case) that tank can carry the game more than the other roles, if their supports are half decent.

1 Like

This isn’t an MMO. You’re not just supposed to sit there and tank damage while your dps does the killing.

You’re supposed do be doing the killing too as well as making it easier for them to get kills.

Maybe they don’t need to move forward, maybe they need you to push forward and push the enemy out from behind an Orisa shield so they can shoot them.

Maybe if you’re Rein you should hammer and firestrike cancel some chump for 175 damage so any of your dps can 1 shot a non tank really quick and easy with a body shot.

1 Like

Lol yeh, this. I’m in silver, used to be gold awhile ago as a Dva main. She’s not good now but I’ve started playing her more recently because I’m better at her than other tanks. At that elo it’s not hard to get value out of Dva even if she’s weak.

Hell, I sometimes spend half my game DMing reaper. SO many teams are carried by their reapers in silver. Once you identify that’s the case just counter reaper. In silver people don’t have the reactions to kill reaper instantly usually, but if he’s DM’d for 2 seconds that’s usually enough time. Half my wins as Dva come from me shutting down reaper so my team can kill him and then we just roll the rest of them.

1 Like

Had this myself. Enemy Reaper mauling us (He had 67% kp at match end).

Switched to Dva mid match to neuter him and my team cleaned up.

So many games there seems to be one crap dps on each team and one amazing dps on each team.

If you counter the good enemy dps and/ or enable your good dps, then you’ll do better.

Big issue for dps now is how few heroes are meta.

If the tanks are Sigma and Orisa, and your supports are Mercy and Baptistse, there’s no guarantee that your dps will play Bastion or Junkrat. They may want to play Genji or Sombra, just diving in 2v6 vs Symmetra and Mei.

They might be one tricks, or after 10+ minutes wait decide that they want to play whoever the heck they like.

It’s up to the tanks and supports to keep the dps fluffed, so that they can perform and show their elite skillz off.