I Really Wish The Average DPS Player On Competitive wasn't a dumpster fire

Currently on nearly 70%. My mechanics are terrible, but I just seem to win with him.

Very strange.

It’s that indefinable value from speed boost, booping away enemy Reapers and dropping beat that stats don’t show.

1 Like

Lucio is a must pick hero when you’re running bulky comps like deathball or doubleshield.

2 Likes

I swear I’m gold and even plat all you can do is babysit half the time, I try to play tracer and I get a 3k on some split enemies, then I see my team use all their ults and die through the kill feed, then it’s back to the mei lucio Baptist Zaire etc any other babysit hero to take care of my teammates… I don’t know what some people playing this game are thinking some time

Lol just like that undefinable space that a widow creates despite not getting kills, you don’t need to be flashy and get very obvious “things” done to win, all you need to do is do your job and wait for the enemy to fk up

2 Likes

Thats not the best of advice. Waiting for your enemy to screw up will get you nowhere. You need to help initiate in a fight by using speed to get in fast and rush them down.

Edit: Also save your amp for when you need it like saving a teammate or speeding your team out or in fights.

1 Like

Yeah. The Widow needs to be at least a threat.

I see loads of games where enemy running around in the open and our Widow misses ten shots in a row before dying to a Reaper or Doomfist.

Played a game at 1650 where I went 41-1 kd with Moira (damn Symmetra turret nest) and the enemy Widow was so inept that I just randomly strafed as her shots pinged around me as I pretty much ignored her and focused on the team fight on point.

Played with and against some sick Widows, but they aren’t in silver/ low gold. They’ll have climbed higher.

Well if your job is to initiate fights then yes, an important part of my comment was “do your job” and wait for them to fk up, because you can initiate a fight then catch people out of position, that’s a fk up, and you can engage on that, I’m not saying play passive, play super aggressive, you just don’t need to do anything crazy

1 Like

Waiting for your team to screw up can work in low elo but once you get up past the 3200 range it wont work at all

Its best just to move your tanks around and wait for there actions while calling out your cooldowns

That’s very true, I totally meant that comment with widow to apply to only a competent one, if she doesn’t hit shots at all then yeah she doesn’t make space, you’re totally right, but the ability of a good widow to just say “no, now you need to use corners shields or die” is so powerful and sometimes hard to really quantify as you don’t get shown the value through your elims

1 Like

Lol no waiting for the enemy team to screw up, what? Why would anyone wait for their own team to screw up

Unless you go back and watch replay you have no idea whether your friendly Widow is whiffing shots or landing bodies that allow others to finish an ez kill. I have DPS accounts in plat, gold, and silver and play Widow on all 3 and the only difference in experience, really, is whether (and how loud) my teammates whine about having a Widow on their team. Not saying there aren’t crap Widows in low ranks cuz boy are there, but there are just as many feeding Reddit Lucios or charge-happy Reins so maybe we can chill with the blame stuff.

2 Likes

I’m saying that if you have any hopes of getting into high elo you can’t rely on your enemy screwing up because in higher elos they wont screw up

Also you should play with your shield and in a correct manner no matter what. It’s always best to overestimate your opponent and try your hardest against them then underestimating them and being punished for it.

1 Like

Well yeah, but once you make it to those higher elos, you shouldn’t be allowed to just take advantage of others mistakes, once you reach high diamond master range you should be the one performing not the enemy miss preforming, so I understand and I’m really happy the game works that way to be honest

Play it safe with widows is what im saying because when you rank up widows will punish you for bad positioning

Oh I already punish for bad positioning on widow all the time (and I sometimes get greedy and get punished for bad positioning)

Thats why its best to just punish mistakes when you see them but dont rely on them like what you said earlier. Always overestimate your opponents and expect them to be just as good or even better than you and use everything you can to win. I climbed into masters using this philosophy.

1 Like

at mid elo dpses go in on their own because the tanks dont. i smurf around sometimes and i find the teams are extremely passive and are extremely low game sense(dont proactively press tab or check flanks). i cant remember the last time i saw a good tank engage ult at mid elo.

1 Like

Its why cheese works down there but its also what holds people down there