I Really Wish The Average DPS Player On Competitive wasn't a dumpster fire

makes being tank or healer super depressing…unless you know you can trust the dps which most of the time you really can’t

14 Likes

Inb4 the forum inquisitors fling out every drawn out straw argument like “ThEy’Re in Ur Gaem So U Suck Too” as if that argument excuses just how utterly incompetent and inflexible low elo DPS players tend to be, and how game tanking they are.

6 Likes

I’d Switch to DPS for awhile but I’d probably end up playing 3 matches after 30 minutes due to the que time so what can ya do?

2 Likes

You’re barely gold/silver you are low elo though :confused: meaning there’s always room for improvement. Heck even at high plat on this account i have a lot of room for improvement.

But i’ve also seen tanks both go off tanks to not give us barriers, i’ve seen them charge over and over into groups of people die and attack our healers and dps why they didn’t get help, i’ve seen so many things… everyone has room for improvement to be honest and if you think you don’t you’re lying to yourself.

14 Likes

Literally everyone in your rank is stupid. Quit singling out a group of players to make yourself feel better.

26 Likes

I’m not the one whose suppose to be securing kills and racking up damage that’s not my role as tank

I Shield the team and make it possible for them to move forward

I Can’t do much more than that…

1 Like

You can do much more than that… much more from communication, ult management, call outs, proper positioning and getting kills… you aren’t about “securing kills” is incorrect you’re whole job is to make space, making space some times means getting kills it’s not about just holding your shield up and walking forward… you’re silver/bronze at that rank it tells me you need to turn off text chat, practice your call outs, practice not dying as much, watch your competitive and quick play matches afterwards and be extremely critical on what YOU are doing. I just think as a tank you’re the person that should be trying to initiate kills while your dps help or pick off others while you do your thing.

14 Likes

I’m usually the one lone person speaking on the mic so if anything i don’t get call out’s from anyone else

that’s the sad truth…

2 Likes

Neither do I. that’s still no excuse. Screw everyone else and focus on your play, focus on your call outs, practice watch, practice and just learn. Find good tank twitch streamers or youtubers watch them and learn what they do you might not immediately see improvement but it will happen if you just really push for self improvement.

If someone tells you to shut up or is being toxic just mute and keep doing it. Ignore people who are jerks, because a lot of people are on losing streaks and they will find anyone or anything to blame instead of themselves and working on self improvement.

4 Likes

when the majority of my DPS teammates run ahead of everyone else and states “Screw Teamwork”

it seems a little silly to say that the healers and tanks should work on being better at the game…

1 Like

you don’t think we all get those types of people in each rank? i cant tell you how many rein’s i’ve seen charge into oblivion and die over and over each life, how many D.va’s i’ve seen play her like a rein and NEVER dive all game… how many hamsters i’ve seen IN PLAT not even using pile drive… there’s “those people” in every rank and in all of our games… you just have to get better personally to counter balance those problems… we all do… trust me…

8 Likes

Just hopping in here for a couple things: First, I see Right now you’re arguing with a DPS main. Mate Don’t feed the Trolls. The game Panders to DPS it literally puts more in their power than anything else and they still cry the most. Don’t feed them I promise you it’s not worth it.

Secondly, yes as a Tank your job is to create space, but there’s two ways of space making 1) You Take the Space from the Enemy. 2) You hold the space from the enemy advances.

I’m not an authority to talk on this as a non tank main, however my best advice is if the space you’re taking isn’t getting value either try taking other space or swapping to another tank to take that space. Personally my biggest issue with tanks is they stand there at the choke holding their shields up not walking forward basically demanding dps get kills. Yea that’s neither taking nor holding space right there, that’s just being passive.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed that it panders heavily to DPS…more so when I’m Healer and I’m always told “You Should have carried the team as Mercy!”

should be in the games tutorial

pro tip as a 3.3 peak tank player, in your sr just fragg dude. If you feel as though your mechanics are strong on tank, play ball, dva, hog, zarya, or winston and just frag backlines. you won’t win every game but you’ll win a lot if your a good tank.

your sr is hard for tank players, mostly because if you educate yourself on what good tank play looks like it’s often not going to look anywhere near what you need to be doing to win your games. so basically don’t work hard to keep others alive, work hard to keep yourself alive and killing.

1 Like

Okay so at first I read it as you being a healer, and in lower ranks, I think by far heals are the biggest issue, and that’s why playing tank in Lower ranks is especially hard, I play a lot of tank and love the roll, so here, you can enable your dps to get kills, by moving forward to draw attention to your big 600 hp body, when you take that attention off your healers and dps they are able to do their best work. The issue becomes when healers get frazzled and don’t know how to prioritize so they just keep pumping the tanks in the team fight them the enemy is able to easily just pick of dps then healers are helpless Bc tanks are pretty bad at peel tbh… if you can keep an eye on your teammates and remind your pocket mercy to heal the Mcree, or tell your Ana to nano the reaper who’s low and close to ult, just those small bits of enabling really do help

3 Likes

It does though?

You’re not actually denying that these “game tanking” players are just as competent as you in the eyes of the matchmaker.

I’m sure your next response will be “but the matchmaker is wrong!”.
In that case: Good news! The enemy DPS are just as “game tanking” as your own.

4 Likes

Mate you are not even plat, you have miles to go on self improvement . You should be getting kills on Tank and often have gold Damage. You have far more sustain and most of the tank ults can wipe an entire team.

Your job is to protect the team and enable to DPS to get kills. Damage is not really important as a DPS statistic. Kills is all that matters

10 Likes

Oh boy …

Ohhhh boy …

Lol I love the video you threw in there for good measure, sick play man

Yeah, this guy still has a lot to learn about playing tank (as do I XD)

5 Likes

haha thanks man. I always played DPS Rein and it works all the way to Diamond. At lower SR you can get away with lots of silly things on Rein if you get pocketed.