I quit overwatch sorry to say it šŸ˜¢

Yesterday Xbox got hacked or whatever their service werenā€™t working when I went to check overwatch after it got fixed I saw that a bunch of items I bought during the Christmas event weā€™re gone including hanzos casual skin soldiers alpine skin mcrees emote and symetra highlight Intro to name a few Iā€™ve talked to 2 representives from blizzard support and Xbox support and they both say thereā€™s nothing that can be done and both saying that the others are the only ones that have access and some people may say that their only casmetics and stuff but it meant a lot more to me I love overwatch I truely do but to just buy something and loose everything that I got in 2-3 months without any way to get that money or items back is extremely sad for me sorry if this turned into a ramble but if you play on Xbox or PS4 donā€™t buy loot boxes because you have the chance to loose the items that you get and never get them again. EDIT: Iā€™ve tried to put a link to the video I made but it says sorry you canā€™t put links in your posts so Iā€™ll just give the video name out the name of the video is ā€œI lost some overwatch stuffā€ itā€™s made my Gabriel Atkins and itā€™s on YouTube if you want to see proof that I lost some stuff sorry about the quality I just woke up when I made it so I may sound extremely tired.
[/quote]

23 Likes

Thatā€™s so weird, shouldnā€™t it be tied to your blizzard account ?

14 Likes

Contact tech support. This is honestly a terrible reason to stop playing.

12 Likes

Weird. Try requesting an escalation of the case if you truly did have those skins and they are now missing.

Itā€™s really the principle of the situation that neither of the supports on either end could do anything and seeing as how I paid for them yes I would quit because it will be a whole year for the event to come back so re acquiring them would technically take a whole year

9 Likes

Itā€™s almost like youā€™ve made a weak story up in an attempt to get the skins you never unlockedā€¦

26 Likes

I wouldnā€™t do that over cosmetics I have proof on my Xbox in game recordings when I got play of the games

2 Likes

Uh huh, and thatā€™s the reason everyone else is complaining about this ā€œglitch/bug.ā€ Let me guess, your lieing. Unless you can prove that you unlocked a skin and then it was later locked I do not believe you because the odds of a bug like that singling out one single user are astronomical.

2 Likes

Again if you canā€™t read the above reply I gave to a different person I have a game clip on my Xbox of me having the alpine skin for soldier and now itā€™s gone so thereā€™s your proof I canā€™t really send it to you unless you have a Xbox

2 Likes

If itā€™s the truth, Xbox should at least refund your account if you told them you never got the items.

I purchased an ultimate edition of a game on xbox before and never got the extras that came with it. I contacted their tech support and they gave me a full refund within minutes.

If youā€™re being honest, I understand your frustration over losing the skins. However, new events will be coming out that will replace those skins with newer ones anyway. When the event comes around that you initially got them from again, they will only be 1,000 credits to purchase at that time.

They told me they canā€™t refund micro transactions and that I should contact my bank so thatā€™s what Iā€™m gonna have to do and Iā€™m a collector of overwatch skins and i almost had every hanzo skin except for the new blizzard world skin and now casual is gone which was my favorite hanzo skin

I wouldnā€™t bother buying loot boxes anyway. No sense to spend your hard earned money on an RNG system.

There is also no need to quit Overwatch if you temporarily lost some items.

The online services were down yesterday and if you tried to log in it wouldnā€™t sync up any online data from the cloud storage systems.

Iā€™m taking a wild guess that you may have been one of those people that tried to log in while everything was down. It could have bugged out on you or something IDK.

My stuff came back just fine and I didnā€™t bother trying to log into the game. I just left it alone until the xbox website said everything was up and running again.

It seems fruitless, but you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Maybe call Customer Support again in the future to see if someone there can look into it.

Also something seemsā€¦ sketchy. How in the hell did you only lose specific items? Everything is tied to one save file. Your story would make more sense if EVERYTHING was gone from your account.

1 Like

How is that possible? I donā€™t think there is a way to remove a skin or whatever once purchased or earned in an OW account, unless there was some sorf of rollback that happened.

Has to be some sort of visual bug. Support should have a history of you getting or buying those stuff in your account history.

1 Like

Idk man I doubt Iā€™m gonna quit Iā€™m just upset right now and I need to vent a little bit

if it where possible to post links you could actually download your game dvr stuff to a windows 10 device and then upload the clip to lets say youtube for example as visual proof

I understand, hang in there bro~~

You want me to just record a video of me going into overwatch and not having the alpine skin and then watching the recording??

its a skinā€¦ not the end of the world, if u wanna quit then go ahead but ur the one missing out

1 Like

No, Microsoft and Sony run their own servers. Part of the reason why you canā€™t move between platformsā€¦ Ugh if only cosmetics would carry over

2 Likes

To those saying its just cosmetics, yes but its cosmetics the person paid for if they bought loot boxes to get them. I hope you can somehow still fix this, but I understand I would quit too at least from playing it on xbox, thereā€™s no guarantee it wonā€™t happening again after all.

3 Likes