I paid $40 for Overwatch in 2016

You have no logic and cant follow basic math.

I explained it to where a middle schooler could get it and still the point went over your head.

Ow didnt have 880 million in revenue. Its an estimate on the fact ow didnt earn even ten percent of blizzards revenue. Its not hard.

Kid, you don’t even know basic math. You come across as uneducated and borderline illiterate. That’s why you keep CosmicElfs posts on standby because you are mentally incapable of making your own point. Also what happened to this?

Did my questioning of Wisconsins poor education system strike a nerve?

Anyways, have a good one. :wink:

2 Likes

You too enjoy being slow and incapable of intelligence. Your parents must be pathetically proud.

You can never just take something away from your playerbase and expect it to go well. But at the end of the day, the old men sitting in a board room with the lead dev explaining that if they can’t afford that third new shiny new car by the end of the year, they’ll have to fire everyone.

It’s like giving a child a new toy for some time, then one day just yanking it out of their hands and throwing it away. A guaranteed way to make your loudest supporters turn against you. It doesn’t even matter what you replace it with, because it will never replace what you took away.

It’s not to say that maximizing profit isn’t allowed, but good luck explaining to a playerbase about how pushing more sales of things that were once free* will go over well.

Yeah, definitely. It’s pretty easy to see that they really want to push that casual angle now. It does have a conflict with how hard Blizzard will push their IPs to be e-sports ready in the past, but hey, at least it’s not HOTS.

Blizzard actually cares about OW, or as much as my stockholm syndrome will tell me they do.

1 Like

I stopped, played black ops 1 zombies online, got till round 28, got back here and what was your question?

So if you played since 2016, and you got all the skins, you have about, what was it (?) about 12000 dollars worth of skins, for just 40$

Do you know anyone who doesn’t like money?

Should they… not like money?

something something INFLATION!

You don’t always expect it to go well with your old userbase. If you think you’ll make more money with the new model, you expect some attrition. You don’t (and shouldn’t) keep all current users if the goal is to change models to maximize profits.

I was making fun of people who can’t seem to comprehend a public company changed their business model to maximize profits.

insert mr-krabs “I like money” meme here

1 Like

You can do it without sucking as a company, like Nintendo.

But what I am doing? Comparing smol indie with a true AAA company that respect games sees them as art and entertainment, not only a number in their financial report.

I hope the FTC blocks the Microsoft acquisition and it makes ActiBlizz shares’ value drop to Earth’s inner core.

I know it is just a dream, but I would love see ActiBlizz become the 2020’s version of Enron, so its executives and shareholders could shove their earnings and shares so deep in their sunless spot that they end up choking with them :upside_down_face:.

2 Likes

Nintendo is my bae!!!

Welcome to F2P games monetization.
[Insert James Franco meme] “First time?”

such a long time ago. i remember wanting to try the game and pulling the trigger wondering if i just threw away 40 bucks… nope… one of the best games i ever played and it was so glorious the first 2 years. hype was crazy about it and jeff seemed so cool with all his speeches.

cool story grandpa bro