I lost 700 SR during Beta season

TL;DR

Dude is angry he f*cked around during beta and as a result has dropped massively and is now looking for sympathy. And of course it’s Blizzards fault.

Smh.

People gotta take responsibility for their actions.

1 Like

Those who didn’t pick Orisa in their games now regret it greatly.

I hope that serves as a lesson over how ridiculous that hero is.

People often didn’t throw their games because they played worse, they threw them because they didn’t pick Orisa when she was in the enemy team with the excuse " it’s just beta ".

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if you lost some SR during the beta. Ultimately your play in the beta didn’t (I hope) reduce your actual skill.

If your MMR doesn’t reflect your actual skill because of hijinks during the beta then playing games after the beta in earnest will restore your MMR to the right location.

When has it ever actually been Competitive?
I mean they still count games that are 5v6 and 4v6.

Real DVa Mains win Skirmish too.

Blizzard made you worse at the game? Interesting.

This is debatable.
When there is an algorithm that pairs stronger players with potatoes and calls it a fair match in a 6v6 team game where the team is actually scored, it can be argued that Blizzard made you worse.

Nonsense. A plat can’t carry a gold game. I know plenty of high plats and they can’t carry a gold match. Maybe a silver game but not just one rank down. It will take this guy weeks to get back to his usual SR.

Usually you need to be 2 ranks above to be a true “carry”.

He said he played a character he didn’t know and wasn’t good on. Most players wouldn’t suddenly hop on a character they have zero QP time on to play competitive placements.

Blizzard said it wouldn’t carry forward, so there was no reason for this guy (or anyone else) to be concerned about playing their best while playing the beta season.

I was told in s1 by the friend who told me about this game, that every season the SR resets , so I didn’t take the throwers and such too seriously.
After that I learned Blizzard can’t really tell where people belong so you need to do whatever is in your power, within the rules, to keep your SR from falling.

So what’s the argument here?..Because you could play Sigma, and did play Sigma it’s Blizzards responsibility for you losing SR ?

Talk about not taking responsibility for your own actions ! …nobody forced you to pick Sigma, you chose to and now you’re turning around saying it’s not your fault because you shouldn’t have been allowed to choose to play him?

Quite honestly that’s an embarrassing argument.

I didn’t pick Sigma once in the Beta…why?
Because it’s competitive and I have no practice on the character. I play to win and I didn’t for one second think my MMR would not be affected.

weird this didint happen to me

1 Like

A Forum Support person actually posted here saying that MMR wouldn’t be affected.

I didn’t play Sigma, but I’m sure my SR/MMR would be affected but the thousands of inexperienced tanks who did and wrecked a large portion of my games.

Similarly, I didn’t leave any matches, but I sure saw a lot of people either quitting or throwing by jumping off maps during beta. Why? Cos some mod on the forums said MMR isn’t affected.

It doesn’t matter if it was you who played trash, or threw, or quit, but 90% of people here will have been affected by someone who did. I probably hit a thrower in about 70% of my beta games. Much higher than regular season.

3 Likes

They also said beforehand that they would make him available and that they were looking to do it like that moving forward. So not sure why you are surprised about that.

As for SR, unless you have a source saying that beta season results will impact your MMR then the official answer is still no, it won’t.

I’m pretty sure it will.
The fact you did the beta, will help on the “real” placements.

I do agree that plats can’t hard carry gold games with consistency, but talking about weeks is just not true. I got placed 200-300 sr lower, but climbed back up in a single morning. It is natural for sr to sometimes drop by a few hundred, it shouldn’t discourage anyone.
You won’t carry all games if you are half a rank higher, but you will carry at least some of them.

Having even one high plat in a full gold match will make a difference.

I got to top 500 so I am hoping it counts

And what about the other players?

Why should they get stomped and lose SR because he’s in an incorrect rank due to Blizzard’s poor communication?

Surely not having MMR affected defeats the purpose of the beta, I mean doesn’t that have to be tested too (Unless it’s reset once the Beta was complete which I never really saw them doing)

But whether MMR was or wasn’t affected it’s still competitive, and if a person is losing 700 SR they are clearly losing allot and playing below their ability. Not only that they are continuing to do it as well, as they can clearly see their SR dropping. That is their own choice.

I had exactly the same experience with everyone picking Sigma, it was extremely frustrating. And these same players wouldn’t just play quick play because they wanted the remainder of their team to take it seriously whilst not doing so themselves (Because that is the only reason I can think of as to why they would pick him in comp not quickplay)

Ultimately I see the MMR being affected as poetic justice in this case

They don’t care, they play worse to make sure you stay down there with them. :rofl: