I lost 700 SR during Beta season

Post PTR there is a 2 week waiting period where you cant play a hero in Comp, only QP. Blizzard allowed sigma play in COMP right out of the gate, and called the season “beta”. How was anyone not supposed to be confused by this?

everyone thought (including me) that the beta season wasn’t going to count.

Now I’m finding out that it does count and the response from blizzard is " don’t you guys have phones" Ie we dont care.

I played nothing but sigma during this time,thinking i could get some very good practice in. Turns out I should have stuck to Quick play. Everybody thought the same exact thing, to which we got nothing but silence from the devs.

Turns out I should have stuck to LFG and not qued up with randoms.

People were constantly throwing games, and not caring. I used to be plat and now I’m low gold all because of blizz.

One last note : DEvs we know you guys are busy, but this is what we mean, when we say you guys dont care, and dont visit the forums, because if you did you would have caught this very early and made a statement a lot sooner.

38 Likes

maybe beta showed you your true skill level on that role. a true plat would be happy to smurf in gold for a bit, easy games.

43 Likes

Where is it saying that beta really will count as comp?

why was sigma playable in cOMP right after PTR, why wasn’t there a 2 week waiting period like every other hero?

10 Likes

Boy oh boy, I cannot wait for the reactions once the season starts.

5 Likes

Uh if you’re 700 SR below where you should be you should be having quite the good time.

16 Likes

Low quality bait. insert 50 cents and try again
-game over

Well… No, do not practice heroes in comp. I had enough Sigmas who did not know what to do. Most people play comp to win. Even the beta season.

No.

And they deserved to be reported. You should never throw games. Not in beta, not in qp ans not in arcade.

Sounds like you were at fault playing a new hero.

Noone is to blame besides you honestly… It was never said that the beta season does not count… Ofc you should be careful and give your best.
Throwing is always wrong and ruining games…

I would say the only strange thing is that Sigma was playable during beta because people like you played him although they might have had better chances with another hero.

I might sound a bit harsh, but i would not put the blame on blizzard.

Edit: corrected 5 spelling mistakes

14 Likes

Bait for what, exactly? What kind of reaction does this merit, an angry one? I have no idea.

The devs told us beta wouldn’t affect MMR

They released Sigma into COMP right out of PTR with no 2 week watiing period which they did for every other hero in the game

its called beta season

I can’t tell if your being serious or trolling.

7 Likes

This. I’ve had the opposite of OP because I was using a hero I’m ok with and getting better at. Had I been Bap with what little time I had on him entire RQ beta, I’d be throwing.

I am “serious”. At least I thought that the MMR and SR both count.

I need a quote on this. I could not find anything like this so I thought… it counts.
I only remember one of those green posts saying that the stats do not count. I interpreted it that way that it might not count to your records or they will be deleted from the profile or anything.
But the person was not sure what was meant and wanted to do research him/herself.

As I have said, i was careful for the offchance. And throwing on purpose is always wrong… I also had people doing nothing besides writing “gg” at the beginning and waiting at spawn.

1 Like

Ofc they use the beta stats … i dont know why people ever thought they wont do that.

2 Likes

Turns out i was wrong, it was a post by wyoming mist, not an official dev.

But either way, it still took the devs way to long to catch this. This is proof that they dont pay much attention to the forums.

This topic was even posted on Reddit as well.

1 Like

True. They should answer to important things imo.
But as I have said, I was careful.
And sorry if I sound strict or like I was trolling.

How could you lose 700 SR by playing only Sigma?

He’s pretty strong, meta favors him. I have positive winrate on him in comp without trying him on beta

2 Likes

No worries, it was my fault for spreading mis information , i have no idea why I said the devs made that statement.

I lost 100 SR dude. My support main used to be a high master. Now it going to be in low masters…

I am greatly mad.

Because in the thread you were in just before you made this OP said devs did, linked the original blog, but quoted Wyoming without telling you that’s what he did.

I can tell you right now that you are flat out lying because you cant check win rate stats for the beta season, nor can you check your losses. All you can do is see how many games you won.