I LOATHE Hanzo with a burning passion

Become a hardcore Snivy!

More seriously, what characters do you play? I’ve found trying to block / avoid his storm arrows and then pressuring him while they are on CD to be effective.

I used to play moira, however I’m starting to really enjoy playing Sombra.

There’s just one catch, if they have a Hanzo, my job is impossible to actually do, sure I can try to catch him off guard, but unless his HP is already low, all he has to do is lunge backwards, use his storm arrows, and then proceed to impale me with a barrage of Arrows which puncture every single one of my arteries and leave me on the ground swearing vengeance.

You do know that he and Genji are tied for second smallest projectiles. Ana has the smallest. Mercy and D.Va have bigger projectile sizes than Hanzo does.

2 Likes

-Increase ultimate cost by 25%
Storm Arrow needs the following:
-Cooldown increased to 12-15 seconds
-Damage per arrow reduced to either 60 or even 50
-Headshots removed during Storm Arrow’s duration.

And there, now he’s reeled back in line with other damage characters.

1 Like

The whole point of the new storm arrow was to reward quick aiming rather than aiming at someone’s feet in the scatter arrow. Getting rid of headshots in the storm arrow kindof gets rid of the whole reason it was put into the game

2 Likes

Actually…

I like Wraxu’s proposed nerfs:

• Reduce the number of storm arrows to 3 or 4 and bring back their damage.
  • Increase leap to 5 or 6 seconds
  • Reduce arrow travel speed.

And probably some kind of increase in ult charge rate.

1 Like

This will become relevant when Genji can kill you in One shot.
You can’t say it’s not too big by saying it’s the same size as another projectile with less damage…

Also lets just take a minute to digest what Geoff is telling us here…

An arrow has the same size hit box as a shuriken.

Lets just say that again in case you didn’t take it in the first time.

An arrow has the same size hit box as a shuriken.

By this logic Hanzos arrows are not too big because they have the same sized hit box as a shuriken that probably has about 10x the surface area of an arrow to impact something. This alone tells me the arrow hit box is still too big.

Thanks for confirming that Geoff.

1 Like

He just makes every other DPS hero trash in comparison.
But this is what the devs do all the time. People complain about a hero, and then they “rework” that hero and make them overly overpowered. Happens every time.
Why am I not surprised?
Mercy, Hanzo, now Symmetra.
The line gets longer and longer.

It already does a flat 420 damage when you land all six arrows on the same target, being more than enough to melt a tank before they have know what’s happening. The problem wasn’t solved by getting rid of Scatter Arrow, it was made worse. Removing headshots from Storm Arrow massively improves people’s chance to survive, increasing the cooldown and decreasing the damage even further improves it as a whole.

Any time you feel like a character is ruining your experience and you want them gone, try playing them for an hour or two (in QuickPlay or Arcarde). I find this usually changes my view when I realize I can’t pull of a fraction of the “easy kills” I’ve had done to me.

That experiment might also have the added bonus of you being able to learn which heroes counter your hated-hero and you can use those heroes in the future. (This is how I learned to just bash Symmetra with the hammer as Rein. I could never take down Rein as Symmetra.)

The only way to beat him is to be a better Hanzo or a good Widowmaker. It used to be fun fighting him as Doomfist, but now he hard counters him.

I was never bothered by him until recently. He just miraculously headshot me and i hv no idea how that hit me as i watch the kill cam also lol
But tbh i dont really hate him xD

Not a fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn either.

I think the worst is when he does his little leap and kills you with an arrow.

this wont happen.
the increased speed was to allow him to more reliably hit targets.

SA is the primary issue as its fast shots and small CD make him always a threat.

and ult charge is similar to junks ult charge…it should be made to charge slower as they are extremely deadly.

honestly, i preferred playing the old hanzo. im happy they took away the scatter, i like the lunge… but the increased arrow speed makes me miss every. single. SHOT!
also the storm arrow is just way too delicious not to spam…

110% hyperbole. It’s honestly funny how people complain about Hanzo and have zero facts backing them up.

And before the mouth breathers come for me with pitch forks just remember pick rate =/= win rate. It means meta synergy.

inb4 smallest hitboxes in the game. All OW projectile hitboxes are stupidly large and we all know it.

Well, except for the developers apparently. But you clearly know better.

Still waiting for my noble princess, Sombra, to get this OP treatment. She’s been in the dumpster far too long, and don’t tell me she was OP for that 2 week period, she was viable, not OP.

For every arrow that hits your head, three whiz pass and you never saw them.

1 Like