I like the Sombra changes

You know, seeing as the PTR isn’t necessarily the best test environment, you may want to say “The logic behind how you think this will make her better, because as some people have stated, it doesn’t necessarily feel like it’s making her stronger overall and kind of does feel like a straight nerf from how she is on live. I think there are benefits(being able to invis, translocate in the air and reposition midfight for example, being a better spawn camper) but being unable to contest and losing a game in ot because you went invis feels REALLY bad. So saying something to that affect would make these changes easier

1 Like

Revert changes
Keep ability to destroy translocator by a hotkey
Keep hack while reloading
Keep EMP change

On top of that:
Increase stealth duration to 6-9s(possibly cap contest at one touch per stealth use)
Give her 6 baseline movespeed
Give her damage threshold on hack/entering stealth
Give hack better visual indication so teammates can easily see it
Fix bugs

Maybe give her +5-10 clip size or +1-2 bullet damage

That would make Sombra decent and fun to play

8 Likes

No she is invisible the entire flank and not vulnerable like genji and tracer which is why you said:

none of these things, are an instantaneous transport to safety like I said. and genji and tracer are still vulnerable while trying to get away with these things. it is precicely because sombras out is guaranteed safety she doesn’t have these type of abilities that do more in combat. She has guaranteed safety, they have combat effectiveness with a chance to escape.

uh idk if you know this, but tracer can still be shot where she blinks and recalls to.
its a completely lateral and predictable movement. both of them if you can track, she is very vulnerable. Hard to hit. but vulnerable.

hate to break it to you, but the forums are for discussion. putting an opposing opinion on a post is not attacking. its doing what the forums were designed for.

I’m not moving anything, simply saying I’m doing this doesn’t make it true. from the beginning I have stayed with the same sentiments. You are the one who has brought up “well yeah but x hero can do this” and that is moving a goalpost.

chances are as long as I break any rules, like I haven’t, nothing will happen.

Yeah, the lack of space for chatwheel callouts and voicelines makes me sad. (Especially chatwheel callouts, since having them assigned to a button gives extra functionality that isn’t present if you just use the chatwheel.)

I recently made a post requesting more expressive button options on console, but it hasn’t gotten any attention, because who cares about console players, right?

I literally just answered that question in the post you’re quoting to, but I can rephrase it for you:

Having faster speed for a short duration, is more valuable then having slower speed for an infinite duration, because of the way Overwatch is played. Your argument would be sound if Overwatch was a battle royal game, but taking into account the space between you and your opponent, having ten seconds of 75% extra movement speed is more then enough. The majority of time you will close the gap to your target in less then five seconds, and then you don’t need Stealth any longer because you can’t perform any action while in Stealth.

Therefor, we lose 25% movement speed to gain something that we’re never going to use. I’m still going to play Sombra the same way, regardless of whether Stealth is infinite or not, because that’s the most effective way of playing Sombra. If you could perform an action while in Stealth, if you gained a bonus for 2 seconds when coming out of Stealth, or if you could just come out of Stealth instantly, then there would be an actual reason to stay in Stealth. But that’s not the case.

Staying out of Stealth is more of a benefit, because you can react instantly rather then having to wait 0.7 seconds to react. That might not seem a lot, until you take into account that Hack has a cast time of 0.65 seconds, and you can deal around 112 damage in 0.7 seconds.

1 Like

I’ve made a followup thread to my previous one talking about these Sombra changes. So close but yet still so far D:

2 Likes

good, but not good enough, still a net nerf. although the hack to interrupt reload is nice.

1 Like

Thank you for reverting the detection Radius and enabling us to destroy a translocator with the interact key.

-Problems still with Sombra-

1.Not being able to contest in stealth is a direct nerf still which does not get alleviated by having permanent stealth. 24/7 stealth is not an advantage for Sombra if she cannot use it do anything different from what she was already doing so you effectively have still limited something Sombra can do rather than give her a new strength.

My opinon = Perma stealth was not needed and is not worth having for more negatives in Sombra kit. Only worth having if you give Sombra burst attack, possibly at very close range, otherwise you are not changing the fact that 5v6 is occuring while Sombra is “waiting” and “scouting” encouraging hide and go seek play which was frowned upon when Mercy big rez was a thing. I don’t understand how Mercy hiding was bad but Sombra hiding is good on a design stand point.

1. Her damage potential has remained unchanged therefore she still needs to do the same thing she’s been doing typically which is to engage weak targets.

My opinion = That’s fine and all but she isn’t strong in brawls outside of this, which anyone can simply finish off a target better anyways + do more real damage all the while. I don’t see how say a Tracer or Genji especially is being outdone and should switch to play Sombra for the given team position still.

1. Hacking is still buggy and is terrible in 1v1 dueling situations where she was seemingly designed to prevail. If you hack a Genji, Tracer, Doomfist and they notice you at all what so ever and sprinkle you with damage / move in a fast manner your hack will come off and you will lose this engagement if both players skill match each other. Tracer is especially hard to hack when a teleport ruins your hack entirely and Genji can simply double jump sometimes to get your hack off as well… bug perhaps with Genji or too strict on your middle mouse cursor to hack?

My opinion = Revert the LoS checks and give back the .10 second hack portion. Sombra lived healthy for two weeks and only those two weeks, I hope you guys can understand that this did not enable her to do damage any better than she does now but simply do the job you wanted her to do which was stay in combat and hack targets more reliably. Because you still haven’t reverted or revised how this works she is still a hero that relies on running to health pack stations except with nerfs that prevent her from getting EMP charge by doing so.

-TLDR-

Her “in combat and staying there” state is unchanged on live or PTR and still promotes run away to saftey play.

-Final Thoughts-

Balance Sombra more on using hack or putting out more damage. Pick one, because she needs either or to be warranted as a worthy pick on a 6 man team. Stealth is not the issue, but it does enable other players to player her easier if this was your goal. These players however won’t likely make Sombra any more worth using though since the lower skill bar of entry means people will play her without good aim or understanding of how team reliant she still is. If I could tell you how often a Sombra solo EMPs an enemy team where you have no possible way to utilize the opening…

6 Likes

These are nice, but they still mean Sombra’s just going to be a niche pick, someone who only gets selected when there’s a Reinhardt or a Bastion. Hacking most heroes is pretty inconsequential and she sure as heck can’t beat anyone in a fight.

I was being rhetorical. 75% on stealth is overpowered if it’s there all the time. 50% is a very good compromise. If you have trouble making jumps use your translocator.

But we don’t need this on infinite duration.

1 Like

Tracer is in no way predictable when using it hence why she has been meta forever. Tracer has 4 blinks in total. 1 of those 4 blinks fully restores her health. I have never seen a good tracer be predictable with their blinks. Also no, tracer doesn’t leave a huge light trail. Sombra on the other hand does. She makes a thick purple streak when she tosses her trans locator. I just finished playing on the PTR some more and the other sombras on the other teams still have no idea what they are doing even with the perma inviz. They keep going into fights alone, using EMP alone, Missing all their shots because they can’t track, and getting yelled at by their teammates in chat for throwing. I felt bad for them but at the same time I have said in mutliple threads that infinite inviz is not going to make you into a good sombra player. She is still a high skill hero with both a high skill ceiling and a high skill floor.

Also, what is up with hammond solo contesting a point now??? Why can so many heroes solo contest and yet it is yet another thing being removed from sombra? I lost 1 game out of 9 because I couldn’t contest the point to stop them from getting the final tick. My team was almost on the point. If this were the live version instead of the PTR I could have helped keep us in the fight for the 2 seconds needed for rein and d.va to get back to the point.

2 Likes

she does evertime she blings theres a blue trail, infact there is a blue trail everywhere she moves. Watch her back next time you play her. or look at any highlight intro she has.

tracer has been meta because she she can self sustain, is mobile and has good damage, not because shes “unpredictable” nobody in this game is predictable. Tracers blinks are a set distance on a lateral plain. she cant go up, only left right back forward. you cant predict where a tracer is going to end up pretty easily, if you can just find their blink pattern.

no that’s called recall. and it is still very predictable, because she will be in the exact spot she was 3 seconds ago. You may not be good enough to track tracers but many many more are.

She’s already more than “slightly” weaker in a lot of areas…what are you doing?? I know your hamster needs some stage time, but come on!

idk maybe I have a higher MMR than you so I fight against better tracers? Or maybe you are lucky and every tracer you fight against is just crappy compared to you? Or maybe its both of those? I don’t really know =/ but I don’t really come across many bad predictable tracers.

I honestly remain highly sceptical. The “solutions” you guys are coming up with are nuclear, while all Sombra needs is a little nudge.

All these changes… I’m still not convinced that this is actually going to be any sort of an improvement.

If the goal is to make her stronger overall I think you should ask yourselves if you are really achieving that goal.
Because I, and many more Sombra mains with me, don’t think you are.

You are changing her, but not improving her.

9 Likes

They just need to give back her +75% speed buff while in stealth.

2 Likes

no you don’t, even on this smurf I tanked as low as I could, I’m still 1200 sr higher than you.

no I’m just better at tracking opponents than you, making them predictable, as they are to most skilled players.

Coming from an MMO background (including your own WoW);
I honestly understand that the idea of permanent stealth sounds scary and in need of some serious tuning.

But unlike in the MMO world, getting the jump on someone in Overwatch does not set you up for nearly as big an advantage as it does in those games.
The higher up the ladder you go, the better people become at calmly but quickly adapting to your disruptive strategies.

The element of unlimited time is only as useful as the potential it can provide.
And since being in stealth for a longer period of time only hinders you and your team, you want to get out of it as quickly as possible by its very nature.

Time isn’t nearly as big of a factor in those MMOs as it is in OW.
We only have a couple of minutes to do our thing and we need to make the most of those minutes. You don’t do that by picking out the easiest target, you do that by picking out the right target. Whom are more often than not, not even in a position you need stealth for in the first place.

In a fight we flank with Translocator, not Stealth.
Stealth just takes too damn long and doesn’t give you the sort of positions that TL does.

7 Likes