I just dropped 300sr

ok I’m on the verge of spewing concentrated Sodium chloride all over my desk and I think I’m about to have an aneurysm which ironically I think my team mates today had midgame. This time I actually feel like I might be done with OW, weve had games infact all the games we trashed the enemy team and they have come back to win ! I’m actually stunned.

One game the enemy team had a leaver and we still lost. We had a match on Rialto I didn’t die I had 71% energy gold dmg elims, time on payload didn’t die once infact the enemy didn’t stop us, then our turn to attack healers both went dps so we had 4 dps!

Morons just filtering in constantly, I’m trying in vain to instigate a push and jump in to see my team stood there watching. This season I cant get anything going last season I had a 69% win rate on Zarya until a unlucky 5 game streak but still finished at 64% I think I was think I would hit plat this season instead I’m silver haha.

I actually think I might never see the victory screen again, I’ve lost all hope now time to play hello Kittie island adventure:[

6 Likes

Well … their system will never be fixed because they:

1. Dont know how to fix it.
  2. Dont care to fix it.

Last season - try-harded to win all 10 placements with filling wherever I was needed … lost almost 200 rating compared to the previous season, stopped playing at that point.

This season - purposely played in “I don’t care mode”. Accidentally won one game, went up almost 400 SR.

So … 1-9 carries more weight than a 10-0, because they don’t know how to balance anything in this game.

5 Likes

Comp matchmaking is a joke. Dropped 300 SR getting utter trash teams. Got 5 golds with Moira on a team with a Bastion. Got silver damage in same game our Zen got gold damage. Our Tracer didn’t even crack 2.4k damage in 4 minutes.
Matchmaker is out to screw me. Then, pop, a switch will click and I’ll be on great teams and have an 80% win rate back up.

A few weeks back I was winning games at 2.4k and my diamond friend said I was good. Now I’m crashing down to 1700 as each game ends up in a 3-0 stomping against.

Utter garbage.

2 Likes

When I play I usually get placed 2500 and then I have tried to climb from there. For 2 seasons I was a game or two away from diamond each season (with over 100 hours in the season) and every time I’d get so close, I’d just lose the game because my teams were awful or trolling.
Last season I came back to the game after a long break and was placed 2500 something. Decided to play a few games and lost every one, dropping me down to gold and out of plat. This season I did my placements and also got placed gold (because of last season) and I have ALMOST dipped to silver because of awful, trolling players. I, too, have lost 300 SR in just a few hours because people refuse to switch off, counter anything or even refuse to communicate.

I don’t consider myself to be an awful player. I play both Mercy and Rein and I can flex to everything else. My Mercy and Rein both have over 50% win rates every season I’ve played them.

It’s always the same thing- auto lock Junkrat, Hanzo, Widow. “Can we get a rein pls and a mercy pls, thanks. Also, can you always hold your shield up so I don’t die and Mercy can you pocket me? I can’t kill anything if you don’t. Thanks”

If I didn’t play to have fun with my boyfriend now I think I’d go crazy with how awful some people can be in this game. Even then- we rarely have fun because of the idiots we always seem to get on our team. It’s almost impossible to climb because you can win 3 or 4 in a row and then just lose 6 straight. It doesn’t even matter if you’re the best person on your team. You can’t do anything when you get matchmade with idiots.

2 Likes

I just remembered one game I was Mercy earlier , Torb was at the back of Eichenwald bind the bridge thing getting attacked by Rein I dived saving torbs butt ofc Rein then attacks me im backing off thinking Torb will kill Rein as he has his back to him I’m dmg boosting him and Torb is just walking back to the point ignoring what’s going on behind him lol ( I died surprisingly)

if I’m honest after the 6th loss I should’ve quit I had mentally conceded defeat before each game at that point but I still tried.

1 Like

Been there every single season. I swing from 2300 to 2700 like it’s a cage.

1 Like

My example SEASON 2 : At 2670 SR, dropping down to about 2400, from there I am gold, then dropped to silver. Had high hope to the diamond and masters. 300-400 SR drop and play low elo is boring for me , so on top of that they wont show the highest SR overall but they changed to showing them what you are at now and people should see the capability what the player has peaked not where he stayed right now. Creates less toxicity too. Silver is like loop where you never seem to rise due people not willing to play certain heros and gold you have healers or tanks who have a clue where to defend from, instakilled from near the spawn , plat and from there on there where I had the most fun at.

just give up, I was 3k to 3.5k for centuries, this season I am 2400 and it’s impossible to get out

Maybe try the new looking for group option?
I had a blast all games this season so far.
Last season I almost dropped to silver (started 2600), but this season?
I placed 2400, played 30 games this season and lost only 4. The new LFG is a blessing. It really is.

3 Likes

I appreciate the suggestion, I hate the thought of facing non stop sweaty nerds thought although not sure what’s worse trolls or nerds hmmm

“I can’t climb because my team sucks!”
“I won’t que with some sweaty nerds”

1 Like

quit the damn game, it sucks. seriously the comp is the worst in any game. how pathetic it is when LoL, Dota and CSGO player who come to this game never experience such a trash community and ranking system.

Lol.
I don’t know if the people I played with were all sweaty nerds, but hey, even if they were, I prefer them over those kids that rage after one lost fight. I mean, I really feel you. Last season was like hell. Some games were so bad, I lost all the fun while playing. But I have to say, with people who really want to win, the game feels totally different. I would suggest you to give LFG a chance :kissing_closed_eyes:

LFG is by far the worst way to play. It seems to only enhance the completely biased matchmaker.
If I want to make sure my team is completely retarded I play LFG

As I said, I played 30 games this season (every time with LFG) and lost only 4.
Overbuff lists my winrate this season at 86%.
My “worst” hero is Mercy with a winrate of 80%. Yeah, LFG is reaaally bad.

2 Likes

seriously just played another game, no tank me Mercy only healer , 1 torb 1 troll hanzo who kept saying all go dps the whole match a sombre who kept dying a bastion . infact all 3 torb ,sombre and bastion were trolling wtf is going on.

How am I supposed to win?

Also Kornmeal, hey I’m not moaning, I feel the luck I’ve had surely deserves a rant. Tbh I don’t really care if I end up in bronze so be it. Its just annoying that its totally out of my control for the most part. I may as well gone AFK and had the same result.

What I meant about LFG I have a feeling I would join a team it be terrible and come up against a team of sweaty try hards who play together 24/7. never ever done 6 stacks before and heard nothing good.

your team might be garbage but so is the opposing team. it should be shooting fish in a barrel. i mean, statistically, the team your facing is just as likely to have a terrible comp as yours, if not worse, because you are the constant variable who is claiming to play above their ELO.

but since you’re high silver you’re probably make a ton of mistakes when it comes to positioning, ult usage, mechanics, not being staggered, etc. i would recommend you IDing all the mistakes you’re making and then improve on them.

1 Like

my main tip to this is to never solo que due to 5 wild cards, if you get a group of 3 or 4 people thats only 3 or 2 wild cards. Getting a decent team together is the best way to climb from my experience

Depends if you’re playing an impact hero. Eg one that can get lots of kills, especially multi kills so that you can carry even if you have 1 or even 2 thrower team mates.

I think that even a GM Mercy is going to have trouble influencing a bronze game unless she whips out the Blaster and starts popping off.

I’ve been playing loads of death match to improve my dps skills. Learned more mechanics in 13 dm games than a whole season of comp.

If your stats are better, your Mmr will rise and game will boost you up there via its matchmaking assigning you good team mates. Or you’ll get donkeys to carry… Who the heck knows how matchmaker works? Generally pretty badly…

1 Like

I think you meant hydrochloric acid. Sodium chloride is table salt. I feel for you; comp/team play in general can be irritating.