I just don't feel devs are serious about having all heroes viable anymore

Yeah, but this interrupt makes Hacking in team fights even less viable too, since the interrupt was always there to make it harder; adding a cooldown just makes it virtually impossible. You can’t get to a back line to Hack without wasting your TL to sneak a flank, preferably on high ground, because Invis through the front just isn’t going to work. If you used TL to get in, you’re not getting out again.

It is not entirely their fault. They just made Sombra useful and the community lost their minds as if Tracer and Genji are the only heroes that should be valuable.

And there are even still complains about junkrat.

1 Like

AHAHAAHA

Yes, because getting hacked around a corner is working as intended.

Further nerfing Rein, any tank, or any healer JUST for the sake of a Tracer counter is also fine?

The Sombra mains were completely ignorant of the power of her hack. I’ve heard the same threats from the Mercy mains about rez.

When in reality Sombra can go around holding her hack on someone until they mess up, or try to duck behind cover that doesn’t work. That’s broken. We didn’t see that in Sombra before the buff because her hack speed buff really made hack uncounterable.

When the ONLY viable counter is “lul just turn and shoot” that’s the EXACT SAME EXCUSE TO KILL A TRACER. LUL JUST TURN AND SHOOT.

The Sombra mains wanted their cake and to eat it too, so it should come as no surprise that this was a rude awakening for them.

“We don’t want to over buff Mei because she might become too oppressive” then proceed to throw every possible buff on Sombra.

Because she’s fine, it’s just that dive counters her.

Bastion isn’t even acknowledged.

Because you shouldn’t play this game competitively if you can’t be competitive enough to play AT LEAST 1 other hero.

OTs think they are exempted because ‘you can’t report off hero picks’ but I can report if they throw the game and cause detrimental harm to our success at winning.

It’s not my fault that F-tier isn’t balanced, but it’s you’re fault if you can only play those heros and purposely chose to not learn other heros.

So nerf Dva then?

Blizzard can design unique games, concepts, and art styles, but they’ve always struggled with balance.

That’s why I’ll never spend another dime on OW. The art department makes up for what the balance department lacks, and together we all suffer because JUST NOW everyone is realizing that you can’t have an imbalanced multiplayer game that focuses on cosmetics.

The whole “free future content” was also a scam. Evolve was doing free hunters/monster variants for free long before OW released their 4th hero. Every map was free too. Yet that game died due to 2K pushing cosmetics.

At least TRS showed up to take blame when they made a mistake, one that they actually made (DLC was 2K mistake). OW is just trying to play the nice guy to get everyone to stop hating on them.

Blizzard, actions speak for themselves.

So they fix that, there’s absolutely no reason at all to add further nerfs putting Hack on cooldown. Indeed, all the evidence suggested she needed compensating if that was fixed, not more nerfs on top.

And everyone forgot they even received buffs.

Dive isn’t going away though, mobile heroes that facilitate it are what pros like because it puts survivability in their hands, not maths on cooldowns.

Sorry, I forgot he existed.

I PLAY LIKE 8 HEROES IN COMP FFS. I shouldn’t be driven off two of them by people reporting me and throwing games. Stop conflating one-tricks with people who just like to pick up a “niche” pick occasionally.

I guess? I don’t know anymore. I mean, they won’t let her actual counters see the light of day, so probably the only option.

You are 100% correct. Team fights will now be harder for her to get a hack off, without being incredibly sneaky. She will have to work a little harder for her team now. Don’t forget that the hack is still (something like) .6 seconds to pull off; incredibly fast for such a strong skill. Not to mention her potential damage isn’t bad at all. She isn’t useless in a team fight without her hack.

Either way, my only real point is that she is still in a much better place with these nerfs than she was before her buffs. Expect to see her in game much more often, and even OWL very often as a result of these changes.

I gotta go, but it was nice having a conversation with someone in this forum who disagrees with my view but is mature enough to keep it civil! See ya around Jessicka :slight_smile:

Viable is pretty subjective, anyone with the right level in skill can make a hero viable. Now, as for making all heroes “balanced” based on their skill floors/ceilings and game-impact, it’s not even feasible, and blaming it on Blizzard is silly, it’s an impossible task.

Best we can hope for is heroes to go on rotation every few months, which obviously hasn’t happened, but the OW team handles a lot of things at once. I feel like, myself included, can get very ungrateful. For 60$ I think all of us at this point have gotten their money’s worth.

Situational like Sym and Torb are?

Blizzard did these changes to make Sombra less of a niche pick. Now she’s going to be picked even less than she was before. Just another successful hero rework.

2 Likes

They are putting a 2 sec CD on her hack if it gets interupted. And they are changing her LOS check so she can’t hack someone if they move behind a wall fast enough but hack won’t break if they move behind something small like a post.

Yeah, neither are going to dumpster her.

i’m curious to see what they will come up with for symmetra and torbjorn after the hanzo rework. If after that the dive meta and the “high mobility” heroes are still so dominant, i’ll probably stop playing.

She is barely out of the dumpster, in fact in most ranks up to Masters she is still firmly wedged in there. Therein lies the problem of nerfing an already weak hero.

1 Like

Well, they’re both getting reworked but I imagine they’ll both remain niche heroes. I’m thinking more like Mei. Good on maps like Hanamura A and King’s Row and against deathballs. That’s her niche and that’s fine.

If she makes pro/high end play obnoxious, it has to be changed, its as easy as that.

She’s not used, so what do? Ensure that?

1 Like

Isnt she? I’ve not kept up with OWL as much as before, but I’ve certainly seen her on Route 66.

The LoS changes won’t, that was a necessary fix.
The CD change will kill her in ranks where people actually have brains and understand target priority.
She’s gone from a niche/underpowered here to actually viable and now she’s going to be another niche pick that’s ever so slightly worse than she was before she was buffed.

People don’t seem to understand that Overwatch isn’t THE game. It isn’t the one game that everyone has to like or it doesn’t work. It is A game. With it’s own designers, its own look, its own gameplay and ways of going about things. If you don’t like it then don’t act like the world is taking YOUR game away from you. You are welcome to play Blizzards game but stop acting like they made it just for you and you have found it ‘unsatisfactory’. The game is there. You can play it. You don’t like it? Don’t play it then and know that it continues existing without your presence. No one would even notice you left. So yeah, find a game that you do like and stop complaining because all it does is clutter the forums and drive people to do the same mind numbing thing over and over again.

Again, this is questionable, and unknown until it takes place.

She had an extreme niche as an EMP bot, but that’s gone.