I have very little faith in OW2

The devs has shown to be incapable or unwilling to do proper changes when its needed over and over again. It’s either too little, too much, or simply not at all.

Why is McCree not properly balanced?
Did they seriously believe a nerf to his roll and reload addresses his issues?

Look, I may be too harsh on the devs here. They could not have the freedom to balance this game how they like to balance it and instead have to listen to demands the higher ups or shareholders on how this game should be played and who should be played. I don’t know, but this is a possibility. If this is the case then I would not find it weird that Jeff left.

But the problem still remains and that is Blizzard doing a god darn afwul job at balancing to the point where I believe randomly throwing darts at a dartboard would give better results.

If they can’t seem to get OW1 right, then how in the heck do they expect to do OW2 right? That game will have multiple reworks and power distributions. It could be a collosal mess when it comes to hero balancing.

I’m sorry devs, I know that you guys work hard, but I have very little faith in you guys when it comes to balancing.

I do have faith in the other teams of Overwatch.

38 Likes

As with any Blizzard games these days, you don’t pre-purchase and you wait at least a week to decide whether to buy one of their products or not. They used to be a staple in the gaming world, a class A definition of high standards in all aspects of their game.

Now the only thing they seem to get right is the technical bit (for the most part), the gameplay is various and all over the place. Just look at WoW, every expansion since after Wrath has been one disappointment after the other. Diablo 3 ended up being a disappointment as well, and Diablo 4 might go the same way. And Overwatch disappointed on the long run, with the most glaring problem being a dismal MM system being the main issue with this game.

So with the track record they have after ActivisionBlizzard emerged, there isn’t any selling point in being hyped for OW2. Might be wrong, but we won’t know that until the game is released.

31 Likes

I think this is what frustrates me the most.

To see a beloved company fall to what it currently is and no longer have any dignity and sincerity anymore.

8 Likes

This is not how game development works, at all. It’s so far removed from how the process works that you should probably just refrain from talking about this subject entirely.

4 Likes

I said it’s a possibility and not a fact.

5 Likes

Most importantly, will they have hired a dev who knows how to make reliable game audio.

5 Likes

It’s not a possibility, it’s bizarre fan fiction that has no relation whatsoever to reality. Until you learn what the word “shareholder” means, you should stop using it.

It was to be expected once they became Activision.

5 Likes

They’ve made a lot of fast and loose statements that people are just readily accepting. As an example, they say they’ll look into Snipers. They’ve struggled with balancing snipers for years, and that’s with two tanks to balance the scales. Once we’re delegated to just a single brawler then balancing snipers becomes significantly harder.

Same thing goes for mobile heroes like Tracer and Wrecking Ball. With a lack of crowd control, it’s going to be difficult to try to tune them. When Tracer was initially a problem they used Brigitte to try to shut her down, and that destabilized Overwatch for a long time.

If you think about it, they can’t just go removing Widowmaker’s one shot or Tracer’s blink. That’s just not going to happen. So these problems are more significant and real than players realize.

9 Likes

Yes, what a failure Blizzard is. Their last full game release was only the consensus Game of the Year for 2016, and their last WoW expansion was only the fastest-selling PC game of all time on release. This is truly rock bottom!

Yes it’s very sad to see the bunch of nerds that made games for the affection and love for game design, fall to become just another AAA money grubber. The sad part is that there is still talent in Blizzard, but they’re run by a man that’s more strung up on the next payment on his Yacht than by making actually good games (Kotick).

Not sure there are any of the old stock left at Blizzard any more. Can’t remember but they all seem to have moved on now.

6 Likes

as far as blizzard has fallen atleast their still around and they still make games, imagine how us ultima fans feel seeing origin turned from one of the great PC gaming companys of the 80s and 90s to being turned into a launcher for EA

most people today dont even know that origin was once a company how sad

4 Likes

Pretty sure the higher ups doesn’t even know what a mcree is let alone care about the balance as long as the game brings money.

It is purely just incompetency from the side of the balance team not understanding their own game.

3 Likes

Fanfiction you say? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Anyhow, Shareholders invest in a company by purchasing shares, each of which represents a certain percentage of the business. In return for owning shares, members are entitled to vote on significant decisions and receive a portion of any profit generated by the business.

Owl is profitable. What if decision came to use it as the main target for hero balancing with the result of screwing the majority of the playerbase? Or what about making this game more fps focus? These are significant decisions. I mean, Geoff himself is also just an employer with a higher up.

You and I both don’t know what truly decides the decisions of balancing, so unless one of use know the answer to that will I will keep the possibility of shareholders influencing this game significantly in the back of my head.

Look, I’m not expecting a vote everytime something needs to be balanced, but I can see a vote happening to what they want to see in this game. A more fps focuses game could be one of these votes.

And more importantly, i said it’s a possibility, and not what is truly happening. Like I said before, I don’t know the reason for bad balancing and that blizzard, as a company, should do better.

3 Likes

I have more faith in OW2 than I do in OW1.

Fwiw I seriously believe this, and suggested similar nerfs before the exc was even announced

Making a lot of money does not equate to being beloved. Inertia is a powerful thing.

Nickelback made a lot of money. Did they make good music? Are they beloved? Of course not. Songs:ohia made less money than them and are far more beloved, for a comparison that might strike true for you.

2 Likes

This is How You Remind Me was pretty fire.

Sounds like you should stop playing the game then, maybe wait for PvE if you don’t enjoy PvP.

2 Likes

That PVE is the only thing I retain any hope for really. It looks like another mission based PVE experience comparable to Vermintide 2 or Payday 2. Just need to see more of it now. Especially since it’s the only actual selling point of Overwatch 2.

1 Like