I have to be honest

It is. The only reason I still play overwatch instead is because I love it as a game. The characters the world they’ve built, ya know. And they’re much better with ui and content distribution. Gets pretty sickening when maeve gets her 9th skin in a row while moji hasnt gotten one in 2 years.

1 Like

I’m gonna say something that alot of people will hate me for but here it goes.

I loved GOATs, it was my favourite meta. I love 2cp it’s my favourite game mode.

Why? Because it was the pinnacle of Overwatch, no OP heroes, just pure team synergy and the battles were long with constant back and forths. Quite frankly I don’t enjoy being dead in 2 seconds and spending 10 seconds respawning. The whole reason I stopped playing CS after a decade is because I hated how instant everything was.

I don’t want OW to be like that, the team aspect, the hero synergies the drawn out battles, I love them.

5 Likes

(Jk I like it too, except for the fact it lasted a year and a half I think)

Finally im not alone!

1 Like

Exactly… it used to be like that for everyone. Even dive, a meta about bum rushing the enemy, had a slower ttk than your average game does now.

Multiple barriers isnt even really the problem. Its certainly one of them. But overall tank design is poor imo.

Well, I’ve been looking at Tank design for about the past 9 months, and here’s the best I can come up with.
[✅] Abbreviated Tank Changes

• Nerf AnchorTank self-defenses at close range
  • Buff AnchorTank projectile speed (I.e. Useless at close range)
  • Buff AnchorTank barriers to Rein tier (I.e. Useless at close range)
  • Buff OffTank teammate protection (useful at close range)
  • Buff OffTank self sustain (useful at close range)
AnchorTank OtherTanks
Strength: Medium/Long Range Close Range
Weakness: Close Range Medium/Long Range
Firepower: Similar Similar

This is how you design tanks.

Well, I’ve also been contemplating how they could redesign Ult charge.

For instance, what if Ult charge was only gained passively or by kills, and either:

1. The Ult charge is shared from assists and kills and lenient on the assists.
    • I.e. Shooting through a barrier to get a kill would count as an assist
  2. Is shared to teammates within a range of the kill/killer.
  3. Is shared equally to all teammates regardless of range or respawning status.

End result is that “Ult Charge feeding” off of non-lethal damage, would go longer be a thing.

Which has some pretty huge implications for DoubleOffTank.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jsm7dDrs1t3O8v5yNf/giphy.gif

i kinda think youre right. paladins have a good balancing around tanks even tho i just played it around ~100hrs the last years. I also think its noot a good decision to get lower TTK right now, even for now i think its too fast… kinda sad, game went from teamstrategy game into ULTwatch and Nukewatch kinda.

1 Like

The gif doesnt work :confused:

try again

1 Like

I know it’s a meme, but I tried Paladins a while ago, and it’s kind of fun!

1 Like

The fundamentals of the game are apparently written in sand and I’m like…not here for it.

Tanks? Reworks? The lack of tanks (and support on other platforms) seems to be like…a non issue?

I’m just not here for it. I’m really disappointed in what I heard about the base game concepts from the ama.

Like I don’t care about superjump being an ability or not. I want to know what the vision of the game is going forward. And if Mei can be a tank, and symm can heal…well it sounds like a giant workshop arcade . Are we going to have a melee only season? Only hitscan? Because all I’m hearing is nonsense.

It’s not a good time for me. But yeah…I might go back to paladins. Although I’ve been on a fortnite binge. They’ve added so much pure content it’s amazing.

1 Like

I’ve played paladins for quite awhile, but as a gm player I can say it definitely has issues, but they’re a lot more competent in a lot of areas

yea its a fun game ngl

But for some reason some sound cuts off randomly (I.e. Gun and ult sounds), but not all as I can still hear footsteps

1 Like

Be careful, the “fortnite is a bad game because its popular and that 15 year old on the internet said so” people are watching

I think a lot of the visuals fall flat to me and the characters are unappealing to me in style, but gameplay-wise, I had a period where I would boot that up instead when I got a lil annoyed at Overwatch, as it’s a much more chill atmosphere!

Only way Hog will be relevant is to stop the feeding. Whether they give him a material shield he can block damage with, or by bringing back his damage/lowering his sg spread. A dead hero cant get too much charge from him.

Neither of these things are happening. At least they are probably not in the pipe.

It’s honestly just really disappointing. We’ve literally been saying “implement hogs 132 changes” since that experiment concluded, and to hear that they are rather trying to design tanks around current hkg is just… what??