I hate this stupid character

Venture has such a horribly designed kit and im sick of getting hit with drill dash

It spams abilities on you to cc you around gaining shields all the while so you literally cant do anything if it is getting healed at the same time

Drill dash is orisa spin 2.0 but somehow they managed to make it infinitely more annoying

35 Likes

Yeah but play pharah kiriko mercy winton and genji. And just laugh at how unviable she is because half her kit requires her to be connected to the ground.

7 Likes

their burst damage still feels a bit too high when combo’d

but it’s fine overall. has to use all abilities, has to full commit with no escape to 100-0 you

it’s kinda like dps doom but a lot less cancer

17 Likes

This is just false. Venture can also use dig for an escape and 99.9% of the time you arent bursting that much health down before the burrow animation is done, no matter what the forums tell you.

Id rather play against dps doom again every day of the week

12 Likes

They’re literally doom 1.0
-stupid mobility in all directions
-borderline busted combo dmg
-extremely reliant on abilities to kill
-short-ish range

23 Likes

I’ve been popping off on them. So much fun, but I worry they will nerf her like my Ilari! :sob: Is she OP? It does feel like that like how Ilari was.

1 Like

I don’t like Burrow. It’s not fun to play with or against. Venture can close the distance without risk unlike a lot of other heroes. The cooldown on burrow seems to be very short. I don’t know the cooldown off the top of my head but it seems like venture can go in and get out almost immediately. It’s also not fun to heal a venture that then goes in the ground and can no longer be interacted with. Burrow also lasts a long time and I’m not sure if I like how much distance it can cover.

Secondly, I don’t think we needed more characters who can one shot and do lots of burst damage. I don’t like playing against a hero that closes the distance while immortal and then pops up to one shot me. Obviously I run away from the burrowing mole but as a tank player I find it frustrating that this makes more space than some dive tanks can.

Third, I don’t like how Venture has good mobility and high damage paired with good sustain. Gaining shield health upon landing an ability doesn’t seem necessary for a hero that pops into the ground and gets a free escape every time they’re about to die.

If a hero has good cc, mobility, damage, sustain, and a good ult then what is their weakness? I feel like too many heroes are too good in too many categories. There is being well rounded and then there is not having flaws. I suppose Venture doesn’t have range but burrow makes it so closing the distance isn’t even a problem.

That said hog and Sombra are still way more annoying than Venture. Venture has only mildly annoyed me so far but when I think about Venture’s kit it does not seem balanced.

6 Likes

I agree with mostly everything before this

Ventures weakness is supposed to be range and flight, but they have more range than other characters pharah would normally counter like junk and reaper. Plus they just reworked pharah to be less about flying so much. Venture can close the distance with dig and if not then teammates can pick up the slack for any sniper so theres not much you can do besides get a good stun for the attempt to go underground

Venture is like all the new characters/reworks of OW outside of JQ. All of them have so many buttons. A character cant just have high damage but also mobility, invulnerability, CC/boops, fast building ult, ult that does a lot of damage, and a kill combo.

The best way to know that Venture is too strong is that she is nearly in every comp game. But Blizzard balance will probably take 2 months to address it.

2 Likes

“Safe side of strong”

What a joke

Heres an actual joke

What do you call cheese by itself?

Provolone

8 Likes

I haven’t played enough with/against Venture to have much of an opinion of her yet.
But so far, she reminds me of Moira, minus the heals. She’s got tons of mobility, a way to temporarily become invincible, and she can easily take out most heroes 1v1. She’s pretty powerful.
I don’t mind Moira. And so far I don’t mind Venture. She’s strong, but not so strong that she feels unfair. Tbh I think people just aren’t used to her yet, so the players who have quickly gotten used to her are smashing us lol.

1 Like

They pubstomp but anything above Masters makes them useless. Her primary also does absolutely nothing unless you get a direct hit (you can’t even deal bar of hp with splash), the only way you can kill is with their combos and if the enemies know better they will 5v1 you every time. Also anyone airborne forces her to do splash, and you’ve seen how that works…

Clearly you don’t remember getting literally 1-shot out of nowhere by a charged Doom.

It’s utterly infuriating. I constantly get killed WHILE MY WHOLE MODEL IS UNDERGROUND, but the enemy Venture always seems to be 100% untouchable the instant they hit Burrow. MADDENING.

4 Likes

Doom would grunt a lot and slowly charge his very loud fist. If you heard all that noise all you had to do was not walk around the next corner

Moira is the most fair hero in overwatch because she has zero burst damage. You can calculate to the millisecond how much time she needs to kill you and good tracers will do exactly that, before recalling

Meanwhile venture is a one shot factory to anyone who doesn’t have an escape tool.

At this point all DPS are so OP that they don’t seem out of place but they make most supports completely unviable with no counterplay

9 Likes

That’s a very fair point.

In the moment I saw the gameplay trailer I knew mobility and invincibility are going to be big problems.

6 Likes

Supports don’t have the burst damage to kill Venture through their base HP + ~100 shields before they either kill you or get away. Most supports can’t even run from them as they can chase you in every direction, and doing 2/3rds of your health with 1 ability in the process. If you’re against a half-decent one on a brawl-favoured map, it’s gg back to Moira jail

4 Likes

Go figure a flank hero is annoying to play against.

You sound like a blast to play with if we get Matched up and I play WBall.

Did you even play Overwatch back in the day? Doom was at least twice as strong when you had another tank to help peel… Venture is an absolute joke. If you are struggling with them, DPS Doom would just effortlessly farm you. It is quite clear their goal was to fill the void he left with a far weaker version of the kit. :joy:

2 Likes