I hate how people see Bastion as an opportunity not a threat in FFA

I’ll make no excuse for bleeding abrasion, but really? That’s a poor excuse for judging credibility, and what’s even worse is that there was any credibility to begin with.

We’re both null point zero in this medium, I’m here to argue what is and isn’t good for a video game. I can be intelligent about it but we aren’t about to break down peer reviewed papers to objectively quantify what we’re discussing.

I don’t need to accuse of a double standard, you came to that conclusion yourself, if you already take such issue with it why even leave yourself open to the possibility. I’m all for mitigating things that clearly aren’t fun, what I’m actually arguing is the method by which we deal with them.

Because “unfun” is subjective, it’s important Blizzard treats players and heroes with an important balance:

Heroes - If it’s bad enough then find a way to change their kit so that they can function in their intended role without being unfun or cheesy. They’ve accomplished this with Hanzo, even if he’s taking the spotlight now his new kit will be much easier to balance without reducing him to a useless condition. The engaging gameplay of “oh scatter deleted me before I could even see Hanzo or dodge it” has been removed.

Players - Make them deal with it. This game has attracted a wide range of players, and whether or not they like it a significant portion seem shell shocked by the presence of features that are perfectly normal in RPG or MOBA games. There is a tipping point where you simply can’t give them any more leeway in that argument and must force them to put up with it. Junkrat reached that point, Moira might also be there, I don’t know that Brigitte is in a good spot yet.

But the option should never be to relegate a hero to a Dumpster. That’s simply lazy balancing and absolutely without excuse for a titan in the industry like Blizzard.

I enjoy playing against bastion. He encourages teamwork, counter picking and careful use of ultimates.