I gave open queue a chance

And I’m just done.

I hate it with a mighty passion.

I played a grand total of 21 games and it’s the worst thing that I’ve ever experienced in OW.

Here are the highlights:

1. Goats is still a relentless nightmare to deal with. Unless you mirror the comp OR the other team is somehow so bad at utilizing it (which never happened in any of my games), no “diverse” or “creative” comp is able to outplay it. It’s a nightmare that I’m glad 222 murdered.

2. Games are objectively 10x more toxic than 222 lock. Why people act like 222 is “more toxic” is so baffling to me that it makes me feel sick to my stomach. You get teammates that flame others for not switching off a particular role and/or hero and it causes people to give up and throw games. It is garbage and I hate it.

3. There was only 1 game within all 21 games I’ve played that wasn’t a 100% steamroll on one side or another. This is not competitive. It’s not fun. It’s not enjoyable.

Conclusion:
Just admit that 222 was absolutely needed. Open queue is not fun, there is almost no creativity, it lacks balance, and yeah… that’s it.

I’m done with open queue and I’m going back to 222. As a DPS main (primarily), I’d rather wait that extra few minutes for a quality match than to put up with unbalanced garbage.

Good night

81 Likes

Pharah wrecks goats. That is what you should go against those clowns. A little late now, but still. Just putting it out there if we get a season 2.

Actually, I vaguely agree with the caveat that it happened at a higher rank. The low rank open queue experience was very toxicity free.

It was a lot more roll or be rolled in open queue. Agreed.

If they fix queue times, I ain’t got no beef with 222. Hell, I am selfish, just fix tank queues and we Gucci mane.

Night, bro. I am blowing you a kiss. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

One of 4 dps players complaining about other 3 not picking a tank is my favorite. Playing with D.va solotank against Rein+Zarya is second favorite.

42 Likes

While I agree there is minimal that Goats can do when it comes to dealing with her directly, I would also argue that unless you’re DDing or Valkia, her damage is extremely inconsistent since her splash damage is so weak.

2 Likes

Open q for me was more fun, and sadly i yet to see goats (i really like this meta, but i saw it only once ever in my games before role q, in the new open q in diamond i didnt saw it at all). Only problem is the ranking system putting you in wrong place after placements.

And, do you need to make another topic complaining that you dont like it? We get it, its not for everyone. If you dont like it dont play it, simple. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I actually do play other heroes within other roles. I consider myself a decent Ana and a decent Rein/Winston.

All of which I DID switch to if the scenario called for it.

I mean, you are going up against people who boosted their ranks by abusing goats. You do not need to be the best Pharah to pressure them, get a pick, and then exploit that opening. I was only ever diamond running into master players, however. Maybe it is different at a pure master plus level.

Pressuring them is one thing but when you factor in Lucio being one of the fastest heroes in the game (and making his entire team temporarily faster) and Brig’s defensive capabilities, it’s not nearly as effective as people think.

4 Likes

I know this feeling exactly.

My other favorite is when I play 10 matches in a row, and I’m tank for all of them. I think on match 11 “you know what? I’m going to DPS for one round.” Usually then, there would be 5 DPS total, and 4 of them would be screeching for a tank.

4 Likes

Why? No one’s forcing you to play it.

It’s needed for people who enjoy 2/2/2, yes.

Okay… Go on then? Why do you need to make a thread announcing this? :sweat_smile:

See, you’re acting like there aren’t other people who prefer this mode. The existence of open queue doesn’t mean you can’t play your 2/2/2. Go ahead and play 2/2/2, but don’t make out open queue is a “mistake” when other people enjoy it.

16 Likes

I still think it is by far the most impactful solo pick you can make as a dps into that comp. Maybe Bastion if he flanks. I feel the Mei needs the Reaper and vice versa.

Honestly, I played OQ to play some dps without waiting. I like playing dps, and I want to play Echo a bit cuz she’s fresh. When I wanna play tank, I just queue in regular comp. I probably dont take this mode seriously enough. But I don’t ask for whatever things I see optimal if I’m no willing to do that myself. I know that Genji just wanna play Genji as well.

Yeah. I hear you. I know that when I was on DPS, refusing to change, I’m part of the problem. So I don’t say anything. But like, I put in the time already. Would be great if someone picked up the slack for once.

That’s why I love 2-2-2z

2 Likes

I’m playing it as a means of obtaining an understanding of why many people prefer open queue instead of the opposite.

No. It was needed for the well-being of this game rather than succumbing to the powerhouse knows as Goats

2 Likes

I mostly played tank before RQ was implemented. I’m so sick of having to play tank cuz noone other does. I took comp much more seriously that time cuz it was the one and only comp. But current OQ is a completely different thing for me. Now we got a place where we can get tanks and healers if we want it so, and the OQ, we go there automatically accepting any weird pick both teams can come up with. So if our 1-4-1 pick worked, good. If we lose to Rein+Zarya, well, unlucky, gg go next.

Ez, mostly a dps players who wanna pew pew without waiting for 10 minutes.

3 Likes

Because I’m trying to publicly let my criticism be known to Blizzard so they can possibly take it to heart and consider decisions front.

And what? You want them to not keep it so those who do like it can’t have fun because it’s not to your taste?

Should I make one of these about 2-2-2?

11 Likes

“Just admit that my opinion is fact and despite the game living for 3 years without it, role queue was needed”

Yeah no. I still hate it and I still prefer open queue

4 Likes

With that logic, yes you should XD

As a veteran who’s been with overwatch since 2017, it’s no surprise open que still sucks

3 Likes