I feel like we should re-try 1-3-2

I’m really not following this logic.

2 Likes

Well…with 1-3-2 You are adding one extra high damage source, a DPS, and taking out one defense source that can do damage, a tank,

so to make up for it, you not only have to buff the remaining defense source because its alone, but also because theres an extra damage source,

in 1-2-2, all you are doing is removing one defensive source, meaning that changes like a blanket CC passive would be potentially overpowered because now there is less damage going arround overall, so you cant really buff the tanks much,

Which means that they could still do it, but maybe with somewhat less powerful buffs.

2 Likes

I would like to try 1-3-2 with healer/dps changes, I think it was nice to have a shorter queue for dps while tanks having abilities like roadhog adding a dmg reduction + aoe healing and zarya being able to bubble everyone, I’m not sure why they didn’t give ball anything though

but then you arent fixing the CC problem that well, are you?

its an overall less fix

ive been thinking of 1-3-2 healer changes, in my mode i have some DPS changes and tank changes, for healers i have a few but im not content yet with what i have

I figure tanks are still going to struggle with getting focused, not having a peel ready for them, and not being able to be in two places at the same time

It was new to everyone and they were trying out the different tank changes.

I feel like we already did that for 4 years and tank players hated it. This same feedback was given during experimental. Trying it over and over and over again won’t net different results.

2 Likes

for 4 years we have been testing a 1-3-2 with 2-2-2 balance, which is why it was terrible

the experimental one was a intresting test, but it laacked enough changes

I believe with OW 2 they will try it again. Jeff made some weird comments like they couldn’t just release the same game (obviously not referring to PVE either).

1-3-2 outside of experimental would raise DPS queue times as there would be even less players playing tank for a myriad of reasons first and foremost being that they will be harassed if they don’t play the ‘must pick’ tank. It’s bad enough now when neither tank player picks Rein imagine if there was only one tank player and they didn’t pick the tank the mouth breathers want them to play ?

1-3-2 was a failed experiment it’s time to let it go.

thats a balance problem that is present even in 2-2-2 so its not really that much of a valid complaint against 1-3-2

especially if we consider that we are buffing the heck out of all the other tanks as well

1 Like

There is no way to get perfect balance therefore some random site that meta slaves take as gospel will say that xx tank is the best tank.

If you think that they can balance all tanks for 1-3-2 you are dilusional

The last 3-2-1 experiment failed to consider damage heroes. Ironic given the mode was called “triple damage”. Hanzo, Widow and Mei ran obnoxiously rampant and pretty much uncoutereable.

For 3-2-1 to work for tank players, you need to increase tanks resistance to CC, maybe give them HP-based resistance plus armor based resistance atop of that plus stun diminishing returns to the point using a stun on an armored tank would wield little to no value and stun chains wouldn’t exist.

Then rebalance some of the damage roster. Widow was bonkers in 3-2-1. She was never a problem below GM, but in solo tanking she was free and uncontestable even in plat, it was basically like banning her counters.

The basic principle of 3-2-1 should be that there’s half the damage denial cooldowns available, meaning you need to tweak damage based on that, tanking resources can’t be stacked anymore, that’s a huge consideration Blizz didn’t address in their previous attempt at 3-2-1.

1 Like

Well we cant seem to balance the game outside of 1-3-2 either, so its not like it really changes anything lol

i personally solved this in my workshop mode by turning mei into a tank, and nerfing hanzo and widow, alongside most hitscans as well and other characters that i think would be problematic

1 Like

Sure it does. It gives fuel to the harasser to harass tank players who don’t play a certain hero and will lead to many tank players quitting playing tank (or at all) causing the DPS queues to skyrocket to longer than they currently are.

They won’t be able to balance any really I think.

no it doesnt, its the same harass as now, except inestead of Rein Zarya it´d be another character

1 Like

So you agree it will be just as bad just with longer DPS queue times ? So what is the reasoning behind doing it if it does not solve anything and only makes current issue of high DPS queues worse ?

no, the “harass” will be exactly the same as it is now by the exact same people, just with reduced DPS queue times, fixing the game to the appropiate role demand, and potential improvents against CC

Dont forget that your reasoning for “More DPS queue times” is because the “Harassment will increase” and tanks “will be more inclined to quit” and by me telling you that the harass will be the same your logic is invalid

1 Like