I feel like Orisa and Brigitte should just be disabled until reworked

Brig still feels pretty powerful to me, at least in the games I’ve played since her nerfs went through.

I mean, yeah you can definitely feel her inspire healing being lower, and her HP being only 200 means a lot less room for risky whipshots, but not having to rely on the other support nearly as much as before is pretty great IMO. And her ability to peel and assist the backline is as strong as it was before.

I feel like both will be entirely reworked eventually. That is the form ‘fixing’ them will take.

I mean, the devs deleted halt entirely. Obviously they’ve simply given up on that ability, if nothing else.

i tried to fix halt in workshop but i sadly couldnt find a way yet

since i cant edit the already existant halt, i may have to create my own halt proyectile and work with it…

Halt was just so widely hated. It’s not coming back. She’ll get some sort of other ability… Halt always existed purely to keep Reinhardt from just walking up and murdering her, so she’ll probably get some form of a slow ability or something that will do basically the same thing.

so many things are hated and they are still there lol

Yeah, but Orisa has always been a really really unpopular hero. I dunno how she’s coming back, but it won’t be with Halt and it probably won’t be with a barrier either.

Same thing with Brigitte. I don’t know what kind of crazy form she’ll take, but it won’t be anything like she is now.

i doubt they will continue to rework heroes like that honestly.

they said they dont want to do it anymore themselves,

im fine with minor rework to how her abilities work

but never to out right remove abilities

I really hope they do.

Either Orisa and Brigitte get reworked into something radically different, or they’re trash forever.

I would rather have the former than the latter.

i think you could make halt work differently…it would definetly have some form of CC for it to work…the question is what…

maybe some sort of AoE slowdown could work,

or maybe anti-gravity…though that does feel like sigmas thing

Perhaps just make it a root? So… similar to Halt beforehand, just without the displacement

You’d literally be halting the enemy in their tracks

I think Halt may end up being a stop/slow ability that simply holds people in place, or stops them from advancing. I don’t know.

Truthfully I think Orisa will be reworked into a radically different form, like Sym was.

a root could also work true

she wont.

if anyone is getting reworked its sigma

See, that’s the thing though

They! Are! Fine!

Saying to delete them is the opposite of constructive feedback.

I didn’t say to delete them forever, just grey them out for a month or two while they’re reworked.

1 Like

But why do they need to be reworked though? They’re fine!

If they were so abysmally bad like you say patch after patch after patch after patch, then why pray tell do they keep getting nerfed!?

I mean, they weren’t exactly bad before this patch. Brigitte was great and Orisa was sort of playable in a double barrier configuration, which was very powerful in pro and high rank but not really anywhere else.

This patch had overwhelming, crushing nerfs to both. I mean, halt was practically removed as an ability, Brigitte’s healing was cut to almost nothing, and both were nerfed across the board in every way, including health.

1 Like

Brig lost 5 healing per second in exchange for 5 more to herself, and 50 health. But Brig’s barrier gained 50 health not too long ago, so that balances out her health.

The extra healing is very nice, it’s 50% more self healing than she used to have. Losing the 50 health is definitely a fine trade off.

Orisa’s halt, while it can’t pull entire teams together anymore, is even better for making sure a specific target eats it. Learning how to make use of that change will certainly pay dividends. Losing the 50 health on Orisa is also not a big deal since that just puts her back to what she originally stood at.

Neither of them received crushing nerfs, but both received pretty nice compensation buffs. People that understand this and put those buffs to use will definitely feel it.

As I always say, I do think Orisa can still use a small buff to her shield cooldown and Rein could use a small nerf to his movement speed while his shield is deployed. However, Orisa and Brig are still far from worthless.

Orisa was in incredibly bad shape already, though. She was only usable in double barrier before this and was pretty much a joke in any other comp.

Also, weren’t there more nerfs than that? I thought Brigitte lost the ability to overheal people entirely, or something like that.

1 Like

Oh, you meant over the past few patches?

Yeah, Brig lost the overheal on her repair packs, though not her ultimate. Her barrier also recharges slower and takes longer to start recharging if it breaks.

However, she gained 50 more health on her barrier to compensate, which does actually make a difference. For instance, she can block 3 shots from Widow now rather than two, same for Pharah.

Additionally, sincevher repair packs are only used for healing now, Brig does actually gain more ult charge. You could play this way before they took the armor away, but now it’s standard.

All of the nerfs to these characters have been accompanied by pretty nifty buffs that don’t only apply to high ranked players. You just have to buckle down and learn how to put them to use the best you can.

Or I could just play a better game that doesn’t feel the need to gut characters because they once killed a streamer or something and they whined and whined and whined and whined.

Seriously, though, why should I play Orisa and Brigitte when the devs show absolutely zero respect for their existing players and attempt to destroy them on every patch? Even if they were still playable, that’s by accident at this point.

2 Likes