I Enjoy Playing As Mercy

I feel your problem. Healing tanks with Mercy is very difficult, but I think devs try to place Mercy as a supportive healer rather than a tank healer. But I still feel strong when I play Mercy with dive or Pharah. No other supports have that kind of mobility or heal trough enemy shields.

Thats kinda not true but okay

The devs reworked Mercy into an OP hero. Consequently the amount of threads calling for a revert skyrocketed.

Why would players ask for a revert into a less powerful version? If they liked being OP they would not do thatā€¦

6 Likes

Would you like to elaborate on why?
One Mercy main wanting her overpowered is enough to prove what I commented on is not true.

And tbh Iā€™ve had people tell me that Mercy should be stronger than other heroes because she attracts players to the game and has a huge player baseā€¦ not an intelligent argument but non the less those people exist.

2 Likes

I never said that all Mercy mains want her OP infact the ones that want her OP are probably a small part of her player base some actually want the double instant rez back which literally means they want her OP.

Iā€™m just pointing out that their are even if itā€™s a small number Mercy mains that want their hero to be OP.

Lol what a great argument. :clap:t2: One person said this so that means everyone agrees.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a fine case of strawman.

I never said that, youā€™re trying to argue about something I never even said.

Literally your remark was a straw man too.

Quote me on where i stated all Mercy mains want her OPā€¦ Iā€™m waiting.

1 Like

If you talked to the genuine Mercy community you would know that nobody wants Mercy to be overpowered or strong in any situation.
The problem right now is that she is supposed to be a main healer but she canā€™t fulfill this role in higher ranks (already in Diamonds she becomed trash as a main heal) and even though she can work with very organized and divy comp you can have better with moira, ana or even lucio since he basically has her ult in terms of healing every few seconds.

Mercy is now only good to babysit Pharah, Widow or such and she just does not feel nice to play when you know you have 0 way of keeping your allies alive if they are being pushed (as you can with Ana and Moira) and her ult is the worst support ult in the game because the only good thing about it is the damage boost but you can only use that if you are the off heal meaning you sacrifice a defensive ult. Plus her ulti takes so long to charge comparing Ana and Moira who can charge it so quickly.

We donā€™t want to only play Mercy, we want to be able to play her and have fun while being useful, at every rank.
Her mobility is quite well done, sheā€™s fun in that aspect but everything else is too frustrating and/or bad especially in higher ranks.

Also just in terms of chara design, the devs always said she is supposed to be the most reliable source of healing and she is supposed to have the best hps in the game. Right now Moira has way more healing than her and once youā€™ve learn how to balande heal/dps to always have heals you donā€™t have the ressource meter to care about, and with Ana you can also have more hps or at the very least the same.

While I agree with you that Mercy can be fun to play with her mobility, once youā€™ve reached a certain rank in comp itā€™s not enough to play and enjoy her, especially when you main healers.

3 Likes

So a minority dictates what a majority should say? That doesnt entirely justify it since it could apply (a bit off topic here) to pretty much any group irl as well.

Theres gonna be extremists within certain groups, and OW is not an exception. If we keep saying what a minority within a group represents, then theres gonna be a lot of misconceptions and hostility to those who dont think like that.

I cant say much about the last part of your reply since, I havent nor bother reading those kind replies but actual arguments such as her having such a low healing for a main healer, a little to useless ult that is Valkyrie and a really clunky rez for a mobile healer.

Also, literally no one wants their hero to be OP, because we all know what happens, if they do.

I like a good poll as much as the next guy, but the forums are heavily biased towards the ā€œUlt on Rezā€ camp, while other big Overwatch internet groups (mainly r/competitiveoverwatch) are very against it. A better poll would take results from every large internet Overwatch group and combine the results, because this isnā€™t indicative of the entire playerbase (neither is one opinion though)

1 Like

This was posted everywhere not just on the forums.

1 Like

I believe the survey WAS spread, it wasnā€™t just the forum

Ah, my mistake. Ignore the previous comment.

1 Like

To be fair they shouldā€™ve had a question that was where did you find this survey to give it more credibility.

I agree. There could also be some non-responce bias in play too (Mercy mains are probably more likely to respond to a ā€œMercy Surveyā€ than non-Mercy mains, which would explain the 40% Mercy mains number)

It would have been interesting to see the split between the reddits and the forums, because the general opinions on both tend to be very different from one another.

2 Likes

I enjoy playing Mercy too. The problem is she sucks lol. Her playstyle I love, but she canā€™t do crap.

This is all Mercy mains need to say but then the irony is that they call everyone else toxic :x go figure

This is why I prefer balancing around statistics and around pro play rather than opinions on funā€¦everyoneā€™s opinion of fun is different.

3 Likes