I don't understand the Mercy logic

The developers (thankfully) saw things differently, and ultimately, they decide how each character is defined within the context of the game

I dont find anything about her design to be prolematic. The opposite, in fact - I find it works very well together as a whole

Factually, Mercy is not frozen while performing rez. The mercy player can indeed choose to have her remain motionless while rez’ing, but I wouldnt generally recommend it

I find her ultimate to be outstanding - impactful, balanced, engaging, fun - and arguably the very most versatile in the game

I dont find anything wrong with rez, if thats what you have mapped to E on your system.

As I see it, the many restrictions tied to it act to balance it in and of itself, such that its existence does not imo impact the power level of any of her other abilities.

I will again take it as assumed that your E is mapped to rez. With that assumed - while I do find rez to be an extremely powerful ability, I personally do not consider it to be stronger than Valkyrie. In fact, I believe valkyrie is considerably stronger.

I find playing her to be very fluid - quick, ease, smooth movement, arguably the best in the game

I find her to be well balanced in her current state, and to me, this is another reason why it’d be bets to leave her as she is

Factually, there are far more than 3-4 people who have declared that Mercy is fine/balanced/fun/etc in her current state on these forums alone. Heck, there are far more threads on that topic than just 3-4

Again, there are factually far far far more than 4 people who are pro-mercy and like her in her current state

The members of this anti-mercy faction you describe here are in agreement that Mercy should be changed, but are fragmented on what should change. Some anti-Mercys want mass rez back. Some anti-Mercys want rez in all forms removed from the game. Etc Etc. It isnt possible for Blizzard to satisfy the demands of this group even if they wished to (and they dont at the moment based on recent dev comments) because they as a group dont agree on what they want, and worse, some demands are mutually exclusive, like the two examples I just provided

Agreed

The anti-Mercy faction that wants Mercy changed, and the rest of us who do not want Mercy changed

This is how many of us view the anti-Mercy faction - trying to impose your idea of fun on us when we are already having fun with Mercy as she is

I dont find it subjective or biased at all - it is a working definition that clearly and unambiguously delineates one group from another

Factually, I am pro-Mercy - I like her as she is

I choose to defend her as she is

Interesting… show me when did they say that Mercy was overpowered or underpowered with mass rez. Just a hint “it’s disheartening to see your 6 ults countered by a single ult” doesn’t mean that it’s overpowered, that’s only talking about fun factor, and woops! Fun is subjective.

Also, yes, they decide the context, and Jeff said Mercy’s focus was mobility/healing, not rezzing/boosting/going dps.

Okay, but without any back up nor nothing, excuse me if I respectfully disagree, consider your opinion not based on fact, and decide to ignore it, since it’s not real feedback, just selfish talking.

Factually, she is exactly the same as if she was BEING freezed by a Mei, and factually the results are the same, so factually, she is freezed. Factually, I would appreciate you to stop spamming the forums with your semanthic empty talking.

Once more, I’ll ignore your point because of a blatlant lack of facts, back up or information of any type. Factually, you could even not play at all and say that just because you want. Please, show us your points, stop spamming your opinion without any reasoning behind.

Same as before, and you are avoiding my point, not answering it. If an ability is so busted that you can’t nerf it to a balanced state and need everything else to be nerfed as compensation, that’s poor and bad design. We don’t need Mercy’s ult being her E and viceversa.

Factually, nobody calls for valk to be used. Never. Factually, everyone calls for rez to be used. That’s the difference. Valk is so bland that your enemy team can even ignore it. Rez shouldn’t be ignored at all. Anyway, once more you brought no information, just your empty opinion with no information at all, so trying to talk with you is just pointless because you don’t want to talk indeed.

I could state that too exactly as you did (I would be lying, but I could). Please, give reasons or I’ll start assuming that you are either trolling or more possibly just spamming the forums with pointless and irrelevant posts.

Same as before.

Factually, I only see the same 3-4 extremely loud people writing over and over the same absurdities every day every hour, whereas there are thosands of people complaining about her.

If you want to show me that you are a lot, then please, do one of these:
1- Reach 10 megathreads filled of people talking.
2- You see Titanium’s post? That one which is the most liked post ever? Reach a superior number of likes.

Easy, huh?

Same as before.

I’ve edited your toxic and wrong talking. Factually, now it’s fine. Yes, having a consensus is very hard, and that’s because old and current Mercy have almost nothing in common. The revert never respected the playerbase, and the result is that we have different types of Mercy and Mercy players. At least, some of them want to fix the problem and aren’t spamming the forums with empty semanthic talking or opinions without any information or reasoning behind.

Well, despite you started well, you went in the wrong direction insulting the playerbase. The anti-Mercys are those who don’t care about the character or simply want it destroyed. Considering that you don’t want to make her good for the whole community, but just for your personal likes, you could fit there, according to different people.

Well, I’ll use your “anti-Mercy” definition, which is poisonous, but whatever… How I see the anti-Mercys is that bunch of people who don’t care about the character, just their personal and selfish point of view, and don’t want to reach a compromise for making her better, whereas the majority are trying to wonder how they can make her good design and fun for everybody, not just 3-4 people.

Factually, that’s your opinion, a radical won’t see him as a radical but as a moderated or fair person. A terrorist won’t see him as a terrorist, but as a freedom fighter. I’m sorry, but your definition is exactly the same valid as how a politician would define himself as “in the middle”. We know that such thing will almost always be false.

Edited. Now it’s the right definition.

Factually, you are not defending her, you are defending yourself. Factually, you are defending your own fun, prioritizing it over anyone’s. That selfish to the extreme.

4 Likes

Um, I think she is fine. I think she both fun and impactful.

1 Like

Hmm.

Hmm.

I seem to have spotted a subtle, but crucial difference in what theyre saying

2 Likes

Tbh I dont care if she is weak anymore. As long as they get rid of E-Rez and valk to give her something new and better I am fine.

3 Likes

Ana’s healing stat doesn’t account her bonus healing from grenade. So I think Ana is pretty close if not on par with Mercy’s healing. If you want to get down to the real nitty gritty Mercy’s damage/damage boost is nowhere near close to Ana’s or Moira’s damage output.

I suspect this is due to damage boost being a better way of securing kills and its single target nature (outside ult).

A damage boosted target is more likely to secure kills in my opinion which means less trash damage. Ana and Moira on the other hand tend to do a lot of trash damage. Which feeds enemy ults.

That’s a pretty big assumption considering that both Ana and Mercy have the same amount of offensive kill assists. Meaning whether you are doing damage or damage boosting on either Mercy or Ana it’s going to have the same impact. The only difference being healing since Mercy’s is more consistent that it’s easier to stack up defensive assists. Which you can see is significantly different between Mercy and Ana.

Mercy was actually less fun before her rework.

• No E
  • Could only Heal/DB
  • No GA jump (press space to accelerate momentum)
  • Pistol was a meme, but on occasion Valk can secure kills.

So really, Mercy gained a WHOLE LOT, but lost mass-res, which was as basic as the girls wearing yoga pants with their hair up in a ponytail, drinking some latte. Mass rez was literally press a Button = profit.

4 Likes

This is one of the things that I dislike about Ana. She doesn’t has a lot of stats (and end cards).

Sure, Mercy lacks the utility like Ana and the survivability like Moira, but in return does she not has to worry about aiming, ammo, resource meters and barriers.

And yes, she lacks the ability to deal decent damage, but in return has she the best mobility of all the main healers.

This all seems like a fair tradeoff imo.

As I see it, you and I tend to be generally in agreement

…but…

I dont think Mercy lacks utility, between damage boost and rez which I see as the single strongest utility in the game

I also see her mobility and regen to provide a lot of survivability, on par with Moira at least albeit in a different fashion

2 Likes

Which actually boost my point a little further. If they are having the same impact but mercy’s damage is lower doesn’t that translate to more trash damage on ana’s part?

Afterall ana gets offensive assist just as easily as mercy does due to how lenient the duration for time passed without healing a target is.

1 Like

I care if she’s weak

2 Likes

Let me add onto that list:

• Could complete her rez

• Her ultimate was useful and involved

• Could keep her team alive

• Could solo heal and encouraged teammates to group up
    And, Mercy’s Valkyrie was not an “I win” button. It had the potential to save as many lives as a DPS to take. I’m not saying it was balanced, sure, it could be nerfed. But saying Mercy is more fun now is just not true.

3 Likes

How did this thread get necro’ed lol? Also welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Usually I just ignore both sides and say Mercy is fine.

1 Like

Brig, Mei, Sombra, etc all not fun to play against. “Fun” should be at the very least apply to the people who play that hero. What is the point of playing a hero in a video game if they aren’t fun ? There is ALWAYS going to be things not fun to play against. While I don’t think Mercy needs mass rez again, I do think she needs some kind of play making ability as that would make her “fun.” The objective reason why Mercy is “not fun” for players is simply because she lacks direct impact.

Because the guys who are against mercy don’t want her to be changed because they dont play her, so they prefer her to be like this.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t care anymore. I almost want them to buff her so I don’t have to see a billion Mercy threads every day.

1 Like

I don’t see them touching Mercy for quite awhile. She is balanced (massive missed opportunities for interesting gameplay, I agree, but balanced), and there are going to be several new support coming in the nearish future. They aren’t going to want to rock the support boat anytime soon, other than course-correcting if their treatments to Lucio and Zen don’t work out.

I do wish they would consider switching E and Q, I think it would go miles to making her feel more engaging without reinventing the wheel.

Q - rez, same as current except instant cast. (so single target, melee range, vulnerable) Will feel more rewarding to use because you ‘earned’ it, your performance during the game will directly impact how often it’s available, and it will force you to evaluate if rezing is worth the ult charge. ie, a dps dies right as the fight is won, do you dump your ult charge to get them back on point, or do you have them run back and have rez ready for the next fight.

E - 4s of Valkyrie on a 12s CD. All current effects other than the gun buff (no reason for Mercy to be able to go angelic Rambo every 12s) and heals back to 50 to match her normal kit. Because it only lasts 4s, you pop it with a specific objective in mind, and quickly get 'r done. It will be exciting to use because of the urgency the short duration brings about, and will be available more frequently to encourage lots of interesting plays mid-fight. As an ult, you pop it and are generally done with whatever you -needed- it for after 6ish seconds, and the rest is floating in the skybox or gunning someone down because why not. It’s boring because of its duration.

Rez becomes earned, not automatic. Instant, so more satisfying in her highly mobile, fluid kit. Valk becomes urgent and actually flexible, because you can use it more times in a fight. Quick boost through the choke. Quick aoe heal after a dynamite. Quick free flight over the choke to pick up your dead Genji who has ult. Quick flight up to enemy Pharah/Widow and popping them. (I’d say buff her flight speed back up a bit, so she has time to utilize her flight meaningfully in such a short window)

3 Likes