I don't understand the Mercy logic

Do you mean GM with the “smallest tier with the highest skill rate”?

Just having a winrate around 50% is already considered balanced. Above 50% is only better.

She has a winrate higher than 50% in plat and above. That’s good. That’s what most heroes have.

Then it’s a good thing I added the pickrates of healers in my previous post as well.

Also, wouldn’t the hero with the lowest pickrate not be worse than Mercy?
Shouldn’t we be looking at that instead of the second lowest?

I mean… she was balanced before her rework…
“Why should Blizzard [have] change[d] a hero who already [was] statistically balanced and being enjoyed by some players, just to make Mercy enjoyable for some other players? That’s selfish.”

22 Likes

Maybe make a post for that character then? This was yet another Mercy is fine post.

2 Likes

It’s more important that a hero be fun to be played into, than fun to play. The issue is that only the people who play her get to enjoy her but everyone has to play into her.

I think most sensible people will see that Mercy is doing okay, but she’s also fighting for the spot of “worst healer in the game” with Moira.

1 Like

I don’t think she was balanced pre-rework.

Let’s take a look at the balance triangle, shall we?
Balancing is based on these 3 points:

1. Playerbase impression.
  2. Developer impression.
  3. Hero stats.

Now let’s see how Mercy 1.0 (with mass rez) fits in this balance triangle.

1. Mass rez wasn’t liked by many players.
    We all have seen the threads back then. The majority seemed to dislike it. Mercy’s ult had no counterplay other than dealing with Mercy before she ulted. (This could’ve been easily fixed with LOS checks though.)
  2. The devs thought it promoted bad play, which it did. The hide and rez part of it. This is not how they wanted to see her played, even though that tactic wasn’t used that often.
  3. Mercy wasn’t viable back then. Especially not after Ana’s release. She was even F-tier.

And how does Mercy 2.0 fits in the balance triangle?

1. Players are divided about this. Some Mercy mains like her current kit and some don’t. One thing is for certain and that is that the majority of the playerbase doesn’t complain about Mercy’s ultimate anymore.
  2. The devs have stated that they are not going to revert and rework Mercy anymore. The amount of changes she has received proves that they are trying to make the current Mercy work. (But they could’ve done a better job at balancing her.) In interviews during the Blizzcon did multiple developers even stated that they are satisfied with the state of all support heroes.
  3. Her average healing is on par with other main healers and her pickrate is still healthy. It seems it’s better in low and mid ranks than in high ranks, but this could be blamed on the fact that Mercy isn’t meta.

I think it’s a bit of everything why she got reworked.

I do consider her balanced atm.

5 Likes

So… Are we to just assume that there is no such scenario as “Girls who are also against Mercy?”

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

One could argue that guys is gender-neutral.

6 Likes

So doing okay is tied for the worst healer in the game? Talk about sensible people…

1 Like

Honestly I think Mercy is underrated pretty bad. She has an outstanding winrate in high rank which can be indicative of a hero who is very strong, but not played enough. And I think Ana is suffering from winrate depression from being played into situations where another healer would be better.

I dont want to play Mercy, but god forbid you not play Mercy for me.

Well, yeah.

This is a discussion forum, isn’t it?
This thread is about Mercy, isn’t it?

You think Mercy isn’t fine. I do.
That’s my opinion and feedback in this Mercy thread.

And since you brought up the healer class, did I brought up Moira.

2 Likes

Then they should have used “people” in both examples then, right? Not “Guys” and also “People”, if the intent is to be unisex. The grammar there seems to be a bit strange.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Because there’s a 3rd party you’re leaving out who think Mercy is fine.

She’s the only healer who consistently can outheal my Zenyatta. She feels almost exactly the same to play as she did before her rework to me, just with a different ult. I don’t think she’s any more boring then she’s ever been. Consistent healing and cooldown Rez are high impact. I don’t see the problem.

in Healing only, without the damage or utility offered by other healers. Putting her lower as a support.

I think for high ranks, it’s fine. I think Mercy’s style and honeytrap ness will always outwin Moira. But, mercy who was designed to be easy, isn’t even getting primary pick in low ranks. She isn’t the top picked healer… anywhere. And she isn’t even the best healer in lower ranks, coming behind moira in plat not just on PC but on console Where she supposedly is so much better because “aim and tracking”

Her win rate is “normal” ish. the thing is, in plat, Ana has a much higher pick rate, and a comparable win rate. So Mercy has become basically a symm of Healers where she’s winning in the few times she is picked probably because the people choosing her, are good with her and can force her to work. Not because she as a hero is good. There’s nothing wrong with niche inherently, except that the support roster is already low, primary healers less so, and mercy wasn’t designed to be “niche”.

5 Likes

I believe you are trying to create a distinction that doesn’t exist.

Besides, I don’t think the OP thought very far into their argument anyway, so I doubt they were trying to imply that females could not be against Mercy currently.

That’s also not how she was redesigned tho. She was OP in Moth out of consideration of Mercy players. She just had that consideration entirely dropped. Moreover, again, fun is subjective. I find widow entirely boring and unfun. I don’t advocate that her oneshots be exclusive to her ult. And as a game, if you can’t manage to make something fun, take it out. This is how plenty of other games work. If they didn’t want to make rez fun for everyone, playing against and playing with because it was too hard, eliminate it. Dont favor one side over another.

2 Likes

This!!!

I am so baffled when I say “hey Mercy is kind boring rn” and get met with “shut up she’s fine stop whining”

Then they proceed to say “Mercy is a brain dead hero”?!?!

13 Likes

You can discuss whatever you’d like Bloggerman, no worries.

1 Like

Sure, she lacks utility like Ana and survivability like Moira, but in return does she not has to worry about aiming, ammo, resource meters and barriers.

And yes, she lacks the ability to deal decent damage, but in return has she the best mobility of all the main healers.

This all seems like a fair tradeoff imo.

I have to agree with you on this one.

This is indeed a bit weird. Still, I can’t call her unbalanced just for that.
Her pickrate is still healthy in lower ranks even if it isn’t the highest.

50% Is considered the norm.
And if her winrate is above that in plat and higher, do I think she is doing pretty good in those ranks, despite having a lower pickrate.

Also, I see no problem with Ana being a better pick in these ranks.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I’m glad she has one now. I would like to see all heroes to have a niche, main tanks and main healers included.

1 Like