"I don't trust the pros and coaches"

The tilt is real

Nice try but there’s no tilt just facts. Sorry there are pros that are stupid af like seagull and should have no say at all, but go ahead keep deep throating them maybe one day your sr will go up :ok_hand:

3 Likes

The problem is statements are made with the basis of “we’re the best, listen to us”, without much in the way of explaining why these heroes are problems.

If they wanted to convince people that they really were a problem, they’d back it up with some examples of what specifically makes these heroes a problem.

Until then, they’re nothing more than paid opinionated forum goers for all I care. At least I try to back my potentially opinionated statements up with both readily available and personally recorded data :stuck_out_tongue:

I can make my own solutions. I don’t need „pros“ or coaches to tell me what to think. They are biased like everyone else and they are not game developers. I know the balance team of Overwatch is obviously pretty bad, but I doubt people who play this game for money are any better. Especially if you see how immature and salty a lot of these people are.

2 Likes

didn’t they nerf goats by removing 3 tanks 3 healers entirely

Remember when doomfist was hella op a while back and a pro player said he is not op and that he can get slaugthered by a lucio? Well literay almost everyone disagreed but they also knew where he came from. He js a pro he thinks like a pro and treats everyone if they can do what seems simple to him is actually almost impossible for most even some of the t500 players. So taking ab advice from a pro who sees everyone as a pro is not the best course of judgement

1 Like

GOATS got a lot weaker and was on the decline after the rallye armor bug fix, 2-2-2 was the nail in the coffin.

The really funny part was when Brig was being released Blizzard put out a collection of statements from Pro players about how great she was.

Then a month later they jump on the bandwagon to bury her.

1 Like

well yeah, metas take more than one day to be decided

all it took was one random open division team running 3-3 for people to realize how completely overpowered brig was

Pros and coaches are right but they deal at the top 1% of the game and balancing the game round that is dumb and unless your gm there advice is limited.

In diamond/plat i’d say doom and reapear are bigger problems than orisa or widow. In fact its rare when a widow carries that isnt a smurft or hacking

This right here all day.

I don’t know about that, but I do know that even pros and coaches can be wrong. So just try to use your brain to discern what works and what doesn’t. Don’t just blindly follow someone else’s advice, no matter who they are.

Why should I listen to someone, who has money interest in game being certain way? On top of playing in environment most of us won’t ever have in our games.

In case of tanks and supports, it works in reverse:

• if tank/support are good in low tiers, they are actually good;
  • if tank/support are good in high tiers, they often become absolutely helpless, if team isn’t dedicated to them;

If you can tank/support for 5 random players without feeling strong desire to uninstall the game, your hero is good. If your hero requires 5 coordinated players working together to be just “fine”…you get the point.

1 Like

regardless of how right the pros/coaches are or aren’t they represent a tiny fraction of the community. making changes ‘for them’ runs the risk of massively destabilizing the game for the much larger population.

IMO, the pro scene could manage some of these issues via tournament rules where certain characters are just banned in favor of a more enjoyable/watchable ‘pro experience’.

fwiw, i generally agree with you sentiment however … blizzard has a much more nuanced problem with both PC and console players needing to enjoy the game too.

was a near must pick and uncounterable in pro play, but yeah.

No, she wasn’t. She was always fairly niche.

Pro players are, in some aspects, easier to fight against, compared to newbies.

First of all, they are predictable: you can say with certainty, in which way they react to whatever happens. They will react with skill, no doubt, but they are unlikely to do anything odd or strange.

Sombra was very effective at ruining all delicate long-term plans pro players had by shutting down abilities, but couldn’t do much in your average game, where players don’t expect their teammates to do exactly as told.

2 Likes

they all know the most about their respective subject.

between a Facebook mom telling doctors that they know more about vaccines, and a forum goer telling pros/devs that they know more about game balance. The difference is pretty non-existent.

1 Like

It doesn’t work like that, when it comes to human psychology.

Pros and devs are good at making theories on how players should play, but those don’t explain, how they would actually play. Multiple factors, such as players having preference in heroes, not working together, etc. can severely alter actual experience.

Even as simple assumption, as “all players are actively trying to win”, won’t be true in all situations.

3 Likes

There’s not a difference in type, but there’s a huge difference in degree. Science is thousands of years old and involves millions of people. Overwatch pros and experts have experience in something 3 years old, that changes all the time. Their opinions are valuable, but they do not have the same depth of experience as a scientist does (who went to college to learn their subject at least 3-4 times as Overwatch has existed).

Pros and coaches also suffer from severe conflicts of interest, too.

4 Likes