I don't mean to beat a dead horse but

Mercy is the only character in this game that takes skill imo. That’s not saying much, but she’s the only one you really feel involved with. Everyone else, push one button and the computer aims for you, or throw a big bomb into a crowd, etc. With Mercy it’s just you without any major assist or crutches from the computer.

Sort of like manual vs automatic cars. I want to feel like I’m on my own and in control without the computer doing things for me. 76 ult is bs, dva ult is easy mode, Mcree again computer aims for you, etc etc.

of all teh comments in this chat, that has got to be the most trollest, or stupidest comment ever. dmg ults require good cordination an positioning to get kills, if they got even just one kill out of there ult then thats actually an amazing ult. dva can block both mcree and soilder by simply DM and body blocking, among mcree being very vulnerable while ulting an soilder getting no value if everyone in cover or hiding behind the shield. i cannot recall how many time dva ult gets no kills, to the point that people mostly use it as a mech reset most of the time.

1 Like

yaaaaa… dps ults really aren’t that hard to use.

Imma say this again.
Everyone hates mercy was a generalization, I know some people like her.

Mercy is balanced

Her ult is what needs a rework. Mercy herself is fine

I’m not saying rip her apart or give her mass rez or I will die. I mean mercy’s ult is not fun (I would usually go battle mercy if my team was fine, and get reported) healing or damage boosting with her ult is boring because you can do that with her regular kit and her ult just makes you not have to think. Running off killing people with her ult is fun, but you get punished for it. Holding down a button while the ult does its job for you is not fun or engaging.

i tried mercy for a few minutes…i want my minutes back.

1 Like

Oh so difficult. Fact is, overall, there are very few dps characters with high skill ceilings in this game. At least the aiming aspect is very easy and rudimentary.

Essentially what OW boils down to is a simplified combination of two different genres. Arena shooters and MOBAs. The problem is OW does not require the high skill and precision aiming and movement of a Quake, UT or CS. The FPS elements of the game are far easier in OW, to the point they’re not even comparable to other competitive shooters.

Now, on the moba side in terms of decision making, coordination and matchups OW is far more simple than Dota 2. There’s no complexity to it in that aspect.

So it’s absolutely accurate to say that there are too many crutches in this game and too many of the characters are easy to play. Mercy, imo, is the only one that feels very involving. Maybe Rein as well since he’s often the QB of the team, so to speak.

im not gonna talk like ik those others games, cuz i aint know crap about other mobas an fps shooters, but OW does require high skill and an game sense to reach higher lvls. up in OWl being out of position is almost tantamount to death as compared to ladder where teamwork isnt so as much a guarantee in most games and the teams arent rly cordinating well to punish. And overwatch is not as simple as pick this an the enemy can no longer play this, the matchups are indeed harder but not entirely impossible cuz its a team game, you can’t just think of it as 1 v 1 scanarios. this is in part why people complain when widow can’t take down the pharah when pharah always jumping her position so she has a hard time.

Mercy is literally “hold down left click or right click” simulator. compare her to any other sup an its obviously that they take way more skill to play than her. Now u can play her to a high lvl with good game sense, knowing who to pocket, and whatnot, but when say ana does something it feels way more rewarding cuz how hard it is for her to heal over mercy. mercy can zip around to avoid flankers, ana has no mobility and anytime she spends getting annoyed by tracer or genji is time spent not healing her team. Ana just mechanically more rewarding to play over mercy in everyway.

an there is a lot of cordination in decision making in OW like rein vs. mcree. mcree flashbang can leave rein vulnerable to boop an dmg so rein trys to play around it, holding his sheild upward to bait the flash. Tracer determine when to go in and when to back out, when to poke and when not to. mercy finding out where to fly to get away, who to prioritize healing an who to dmg boost to secure a kill.

DPS ults arent as nor have ever been so easy to use. I play some dva if i tend to block a lot of mei ults and tracer bombs, in which is basically destroys the enemy strategy whatever it was. if dps get absolute no kills out of an ult then thats wasted, an more often then not this is the case. Sadly in soloque that doesnt rly happen cuz 6v6 deathmatch is basically determine by whatever teams wins the first teamfight then snowballs teh rest of the round cuz “WE HAVE MORE ULTS, THEREFORE WE WIN”. but when you play in a more cordinated group either using lfg, friends, OWl, or masters games(cuz higher cordination among ramdom people) the game becomes incredibly more complex. You got high cordination, teamwork, mics, making it a whole other game compaired to soloque. Also note blowing your ult when the fights already loss is just again waste of an ult.

Mercy ult back then and now is still a lowskilled ult. mass rez was “go in kamikaze style an dont blow any ults an team rez”. The ult now is “I’ll spectate the area while dmg boosting an healing the team”. But the ult now is a lot more dynamic to team rez as now an a lot more invulnerable, an can better survey the fight. Now you can better shotcall while ulting cuz u can tell where everyone at an help out the teammates more. But something like say zen or lucio ult can be a life safer. they can both save a team from wiping from grave, or used to be aggressive on the point. But you can counter these ults with people like widow or hanjo, or a mcree ult. But unlike all these other ults mercy ult doesnt counterplay anything. I just makes her rly hard to hit and an escape button from flankers, its doesnt rly feel all that impactful like everyone elses ult. Its also easy to counter if u get good hitscans or u make a team effort to kill her, or you can just kill her outright with soilder mcree ults.

Overwatch brings to the table what those other mobas and fps don’t, and that a mix of both genres. Fps don’t generally require as much teamwork because if one player is good enough he can carry the game getting all the kills. mobas have strategy and less carrying to them in the teambased ones, but dont require accuracy and fps skills. This mix of both is what led the OWL to being so much more mainstream. this game requires people to have both a high lvl of accuracy and strategy(only if u play as a cordinated team tho, soloque wont ever give u that until u reach higher lvls) that those other mobas and fps games don’t have. some fps game like cod or seige have classes, but aren’t as important as " hey just get the kills on whoever u play an we win" and mobas don’t need a high lvl or accuracy to play because its not a fundamental of mobas.

1 Like