I dont like developer silence

Geoff did a Livestream a couple days ago where he discussed what the devs are looking at. More healers, railguns, burst fire weapons for new heros, possible sym/Mei buffs, no D.Va changes and some more.

1 Like

I actually have it copied and pasted into my notes for easy access.

They are really not. I play a game that is 10 years old and has no pro scene. Speaking of which, so do TF2

9 Likes

theyā€™re busy focusing on owl and mobile diablo looooool

5 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m gonna vote no on making it the trashiest garbage to appeal to the lowest common denominator

6 Likes

Probably because they have nothing to talk aboutšŸ˜‚

Blizzcon didnā€™t give anything on whatā€™s to come, other then heroes in the works.

So Iā€™m guessing they have nothing really planned and are focusing on mobile games. Sad.

And no lore updates either, itā€™s as if they expect us to sit here and wait for months, and be happy when a small sliver of lore is shown.

Cmon blizz, step it upšŸ‘Œ

10 Likes

We need them to be vocal leaders for this community. Thereā€™s a reason why this game is drowning in toxicity and it all comes back to Blizzardā€™s hands off approach to the community.

7 Likes

Yup.

Esports is not helping the game much at all, in fact I think itā€™s taking away from it.

13 Likes

Sir this in no emoji zone.

In OWā€™s case, I highly agree.

5 Likes

Well sort of, actually not really at all.

It only shows backstory. So far, the story hasnā€™t moved at all, and we are still waiting for our heroes to come back together.

Been waiting since 2016

Though the archives event does add great lorešŸ‘Œ

It just doesnā€™t push it forwardšŸ˜­

2 Likes

Obligatory reminder that OWL isnt actually the spawn of satan and isnā€™t delaying anything. The game has had the same update schedule since launch, anyone saying itā€™s OWLā€™s fault is just trying to scapegoat their pre-existing annoyances on something they donā€™t personally enjoy.

As for why the devs donā€™t talk to us, itā€™s because we pretty much taught them not to. Every time they try, that comment is blown out of proportion, taken out of context, or even outright ignored. Hell, even nowadays you have Mercy mains demanding a response about her, while at the same time outright admitting that if itā€™s not the response they want, theyā€™ll just ignore it and continue campaigning for their personal vision.

People donā€™t care for what the devs have to say, they just want to hear that theyā€™re right, so the devs donā€™t even bother trying anymore.

9 Likes

OWL could have workedā€¦if it came naturally. OW in general had everything to become a great ESport and already showed that there was an audience ready to just watch.

If they could have just waited.

But hey at least thereā€™s the Archive event to look forward to.

6 Likes

Yes. Fully agree with that.

They just had to wait. The ppl by themselves would have started begging for it when the moment has come and everyone is in love with having a solid and finished game.

2 Likes

Heyā€¦ sorry!

We donā€™t like being silentā€¦ thatā€™s not our intention. weā€™ve been trying to show up more on various streams (we have our creatorā€™s residency now here at Blizzard where streamers hang out with us) plus we did a bunch of streams at Blizzcon. maybe you missed those?

Weā€™re also in a bit of a ā€œheadā€™s downā€ mode trying to get a lot of work done. we also had a few people traveling over the thanksgiving holiday (weā€™re based in the US) and took advantage of the slow week to allow developers to work on whatever they wanted. the end result was pretty cool. we explored new game modes, new features and new engine tech. it was all really rough but some of the prototypes will actually turn into features someday.

I guess, mostly, we donā€™t have a big newsworthy thing to announce or talk about right now so weā€™re more focused on ā€œgetting stuff doneā€ rather than anything else.

Roughly, this is a sample of some of what weā€™re working on:

ā€“top secret stuff iā€™m not allowed to talk about
ā€“hero balance (i actually think weā€™re in a better spot than these forums will have you believe)
ā€“quality of life features (UI updates etc)
ā€“new hero prototyping and development
ā€“new game mode prototyping (donā€™t expect to see these soon)
ā€“feature development
ā€“ongoing event support (skins etc.)
ā€“more top secret stuff iā€™m not allowed to talk about
ā€“top secret stuff iā€™m not supposed to talk about

414 Likes

Make Emily playable or make Tracer have a battlefield romance with a playable character you nerd

24 Likes

I donā€™t blame them for avoiding the forums, itā€™s so toxic and mean.

If you looked at the top threads right now thereā€™d only be a few positive ones, but even those are riddled with negative comments because we canā€™t have nice things on here

All that aside, they do developer updates and just did a livestreamā€¦ they arenā€™t silent

70 Likes

I really hope this top secret stuff is worth it, itā€™s hard to keep faith with how rocky and quiet things are.

Itā€™s been very upsetting the past few months with the state of things not limited to just balance changes I strongly disagree with but worse yet with the endorsement of very toxic individuals who have gone on record to tell other people to harm themselves among other issues.

Itā€™s becoming harder and harder to stay, I sincerely hope these secret changes are big enough to turn things around. Because as things are going, weā€™re going for an elitist smurf filled strictly meta following hate mob.

21 Likes

Hey Jeff, how do you like this post I made?

I worked really hard and I want you to look at it as it took me about a day to make

4 Likes

Please, talk about it!

8 Likes