I dont know why people say Widow is op

Tried to play widow hammond diving me battle mercy killing me soldier sprin tflanking me. It is awful experience and when your team dont make space its even worse. How people aim with widow the pressure is real .

3 Likes

no aim no brain must be a widow main

6 Likes

She isn’t OP… like Pharah, she’s just really unfair.

2 Likes

Widow isn’t OP. She’s quite easy to counter unless the entire team peels for widow - which never happens in ranked.

But Seagull complained about widow once so the forums take it as fact.

5 Likes

At that point it’s not widow, its just that you’re bad

5 Likes

because she is.

1 Like

I used to be good widowmaker but this community just forced me to flex most of time healers and tanks. I lost my aim reflex. Just wonder people crying about widow how op is and decide to try it. I think the hero is pretty fair and if you actually try to play her in lower ranks risk your account to get ban. I got 2 times ban becouse of playing widowmaker.

1 Like

She’s absolutely balanced. People just don’t take kindly to being one-shot from a distance. It’s like the entire concept of FPS snipers just doesn’t register to them.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Widowmaker. She is one of the very few heroes in the game that are balanced correctly. She just leaves a sour taste in her victims’ mouths whenever she kills them.

1 Like

This forced meme needs to die.

Seagull didn’t even complain about Widow, he literally just said a plain observation that Widow was a popular character in weekly tournaments.

5 Likes

I guess Birdring is a bad Widow then, since he died to Neptuno about 30 times last season.

2 Likes

Battle Mercy is actually good against Widow and even the best Widow in the world were dying to it. The projectiles are huge and Widow is relatively stationary. Like… Obviously it is decent against her.

2 Likes

Also Valkyrie is extremely difficult to track as it is unpredictable aerial movement with an extremely small hitbox.

2 Likes

The hitbox is the same, her movement is actually quite slow in valk.
I’m garbage at widow yet I can still hit valking mercy’s really easy, also:

• Your team can take advantage of the fact that the enemy has no main healer
  • Your team can peel
  • You can grapple away from mercy

If you have accuracy, positioning, and a good team, Widow is amazing.

The reason many dislike Widow is because once she gets on a roll, she snowballs,hard. Widow is pretty much unkillable when she’s across the map. Especially on places like Ruins or Anubis, where she can just pressure your team forever.

Widow is a very strong hero in the right hands, and people mistake that for unbearably OP. When in reality they’ve only really noticed this one Widow out of the last 20 that’s crazy good.

I hate playing against good Widows. That said, I think she’s a great example of skill to value ratio. Where her ability only goes up with yours.

She doesnt really need that much peeling if the map favors her.
Otherwise we would see more heros shielding her.
But in those maps no hero can dive that range or hit her without damage falloff. So it is widow vs widow

This deserves to be 50 separate threads administered to the forums over a series of months.

1 Like

I don’t think Widow is OP in any way but if I could make one change to her, I would make the charge-up take longer after she initially scopes in. Just that charge-up.

The reason for this is I feel being scoped in her most powerful stance but she should be vulnerable during this state. I mean, she can’t see what’s around her as well. I see a lot of Widow mains that non-stop scope in and out in and out. Many Shoot, un-scope, scope and shoot then un-scope again then scope and shoot.

1 Like

It depends upon the team and the players. Some teams actually IGNORE widow and play quite well against the other team, while IGNORING her. Literally it depends upon the team itself.

If the team she fights, uses LOTS of shields, she can literally do no harm. By the time an enemy orisa loses the shield, she can have it back up again and widow doesnt do anything to it. Sneak in a Torb turret behind the shield and widow wont hurt the team :slight_smile:

The only thing that counters a good widow at high elos is an even better widow, ONLY at higher elos though.

Or her own team being really bad i guess

The “issue” with widow i feel if anything is that she has a disproportionately high skill ceiling, compared to other heroes.

That is to say- Many the heroes tend to “cap out” regardless of skill to a much sharper degree, than widows mechanics allow.