I dont know why people say Widow is op

On the Oceanic servers there has been a recent wave of new Widow accounts with pro-level aim making things pretty miserable for other players. This probably skews some perspectives.

Coincidentally a new aimbot was released at the same time.

No one likes to play counters/effectively.

1 Like

If i remmeber correclty mercy is tied with baby dva for the smallest projectile in the game… I dont think theyre huge :confused:

Valking mercy going in your face with her erratic movement, self regenerating hp and a blaster that has infinite amount of bullets is an extremely difficult duel for the widowmaker to take. It is not uncommon in pro play even.

The issue is that there are many heroes with very low skill ceilings.
Like Soldier vs Widow is a thing, but there is Brigitte and Moira…

Going to agree with you here.

The problem stems from how wildly different the skill ceilings are for particular heroes compared to others.

Widows is relatively “the skys the limit”, where most dont have that capacity.

I will always respect and admire the players who can play widow to those upper thresh-holds, but that thresh-hold is definitely above what many other heroes can approach within realistic contexts- and it (understandably) creates issues for many players.

To be fair the Widows that Seagull plays against would make us all rage back to minecraft. I have played against a t500 Hanzo/Widow main in a tourney and it was not a relaxing experience.

Their prediction and shot placement is so good. Then the consistently accurate reaction shots…

But any decent uncontested Widow is going to have a nice game. You have to keep after them or play behind shields and take their value away.

Imagine thinking it’s easy to counter a good Widow player.

Sometimes the Widow just clicks your head and there’s nothing you can do about it if you aren’t a tank.

Widow is just a character that highlights how much better at the game some people are. This makes people feel emasculated and they in turn want her to be nerfed to such an extent to which they don’t have to face their own lack of skill and can simply state that a hero killing them is the character being OP, not the player being better than them. After all, it’s far easier to blame bad balance than it is to admit that someone is far better mechanically than you and that your ‘GM’ gamesense can’t carry your Bronze aim.

It’s all just ego.

1 Like

I heard the tiniest projectile in the game actually belongs to Hanzo, no joke

I need to get this mounted on a wall

Or maybe people just getting obliterated by smurfs abusing Widow and it’s a personal experience, that might be a possibility as well.

Even the smallest killer whales are still pretty damn huge. His projectiles are just that. When compared to hitscan, the projectile sizes are an absolute joke, most of them just don’t travel at quite the ridiculous speed that Hanzo’s do, nor do most of them headshot for the entire health of the character.

1 Like

Very true

Hanzos arrows may be tiny, but they still feel very wonky and weird

At low levels Winston has always been able to make a Widow switch to another hero very quickly (used to be the case with Hanzo too before the absurd buff). Is this not the case among good players?