I counted, 33 smurfs in 10 open queue placement matches

The sheer amount of laziness in this argument. You haven’t played their games. You have no idea whether they went up against a smurf or not.

2 Likes

Below diamond…Which Im positive OP is in,the smurfing is rare

1 Like

If there ever existed whales in Overwatch, it would be these kinds of people.

What’s your definition of smurfing?

1 Like

I know and understand what “smurfing” is…It happens…But its rare in low ranks

33 freshies in a pool of 120 sounds about right lol

what are we at now, season 90? 104?

2 Likes

I’m asking what you consider smurfing. Because people have different definitions of this. Also it’s most common in low ranks. People aren’t gonna smurf on GM. They’re gonna smurf in low ranks to stomp players.

1 Like

This is not necessarily true, as most players are in the silver to plat range, they usually get placed at, or near enough as to not make much of a difference, their SR.

That said, you haven’t definitively answered my question. I’m still curious as to whether or not you make a meaningful distinction between smurfs and alts. I only ask, because I also play Open Queue, and while there are generally quite a few of new(ish) accounts on any given day, I can’t say the same for actual observable smurfs.

Only 33 smurfs in 10 games? You are strong in The Force. The smurf totals in my games are way worse. Which is why there is zero reason to play ranked.

2 Likes

Can confirm. I haven’t bothered with OQ for this very reason. I want to play the game not sit in queue.

1 Like

I feel like I see so many smurfs everywhere now. In quick play, regular comp, and even arcade modes, quickplay classic. I don’t know why, but I feel as though there has been a significant increase in smurfs lately.

Even for quickplay it starts to ruin it for me. Like I know “It’s just quick play” But like after constantly going up against high level smurfs match after match in a row, it just makes quickplay less fun.

4 Likes

People will be like “how do you know they’re smurfs” when it’s a level 25 Genji named “Genji” pulling off quadruple blades and stuff lol

7 Likes

Except it’s been that way for a long time… the devs support cheating, smurfing and trolling.

Smurfs have been ruining every mode, they don’t just care about comp.

1 Like

Its been at least a year and a half since I have played Overwatch outside of a limited time event. I just do that to get the collectables. Like has been said smurfs ruin every game in every mode.

1 Like

Dunno what kind of mental gymnastics separates an ‘alt’ from a ‘smurf’. This isn’t an MMORPG. Creating a new account to play far below your skill level is smurfing.

If you have hundreds or thousands of hours on this six year old game and can’t handle a new character without trouncing legit new players who literally don’t know anything about anything, you got problems, son.

3 Likes

May I ask what rank OP is at? If you’re not in Bronze or Silver, these players didn’t do a very good job of being a smurf.

Smurfing is rampant in Diamond and Masters …If you dont think smurfs are NOT in GM you are sorely mistaken…Theres a huge difference between a 4000GM and 4500+
And yes,they dwell in GM

Yeah ow1 did need something. thats why they are making changes in 2

I find placement matches very hard to win in general, even in role queue. I ended up losing every single game in my last seasonal placement match as support. But I still ended up in the same rank I finished last season.

I laughed.

But disagree