I cannot believe how... "not smart" these balancers are

so you just want everyone on the forums to say the game is the best game ever made and it’s perfect?

why are you even here?

At this point this looks like a case of “players vs developers”. I remember this happenning in another game, I just dont remember which one but basically It was a dumpsterfire. It also reminds me to the Rick & Morty writters vs fans thing.

at this point there are so many things that make this game feel like you’re dying inside as you play

fixing the matchmaker in qp would be a great start

you could have the best balanced game ever, but if quickplay matchmaking is just throwing randoms into everygame, what’s even the point of balancing?

2 Likes

Thats not what i said. You could be doing anything else though. Seems weird to spend time on something you apparently actively dislike. If you find something you like, you’ll probably be happier dude. Plenty of games out there. Really hope things get better for ya.

I’m here, cus i enjoy the game and enjoy discussing it. It is a bit exhausting with constant complaining and negativity though. Bummer.

1 Like

so you’re gasligting all of the people that want the game they paid for back?

i paid for overwatch 1. NOT THIS GARBO

This is a fair point…

This is why it’s been so frustrating watching tons of people beg for mercy nerfs when she didn’t need them. Blizzard listened, but of course nerfed her in the most ham-fisted manner possible. The mercy haters aren’t happy, the mercy players aren’t happy. I hope the “nerf mercy” crowd stays quiet for a while

Its warranted tho my guy.

The game released in an unacceptable state, and now its just the devs trying to play catch up…

The game is getting better, and i have been very vocal about that. But me and you just had a conversation the other day about the matchmaking, and how it isn’t broken… like, mate, that is literally wrong. Blatantly wrong…

1 Like

Only fools look at just the data.

It’s ignorance thinking that the changes did “basically nothing” because her stats didn’t change much

There is so much more underneath the data. They don’t tell the full story.

You’re being really foolish with this post Tsunder…

Ok mr. swaps arguments whenever its convenient lol

Yep lets personally attack the user and not respond to them. Im done with you

I was switching arguments because thats what yall were talking about but its okay. I understand some people lack brain cells, not a bad thing to be one of them

Honestly, the developers shouldn’t make balancing changes based on popular opinion at all. I wouldn’t read too much into what they’re saying about why they’re doing anything as most of it’s just lip service. They have a broader picture in mind that you’re not seeing with their balancing changes.

The game isn’t doomed for balancing reasons, but because of how they handle the marketing and the unreasonably exploitative reward system for playing the game.

attacking your arguments that change at a whim, not you dude. dont take it personally. You’re probably a cool guy, relax.

Again, only changing arguments because yall were talking about something else…

Well you said the balance team only used data, then turned around and said they listened to feedback about Roadhog.

Thats contradictory. Both statements cannot be true.

They stopped playing it seriously around Ana’s release…

Who really cares other than mercy mains.

Give it time imo. Mercy is more killable than used to be, this change made her more divable and should impact her deathrate imo.

Because Mercy is still good, but not because of surviving everything, but rather pocketing dps is still strong. One could say that it’s stronger, but I don’t think so. Making Mercy divable is a nerf to pocketing people, as you can try to target Mercy now easier than previously. And if you scare her away then guy isn’t pocketed anymore and vulnerable to kill.

I like this iteration of Mercy on both my and enemy team. I like her more in my team, because she can finally take better care of tanks who are in need of healing and I like her more in enemy team, because she isn’t flying across the map every 1.5 seconds.

Who is that everyone? Mercy one tricks? Some forums users? People disliked going against unkillable Mercy a lot. I’m really surprised that her deathrate didn’t increased overall, because on my personal level it feels like she is much easier to deal with. Not only for dive (but mostly), but also your average Cassidy dps because she is forced to stay in place for a little longer, which means you can afford to miss one or two bullets more. Big difference, you can’t just spam GA anymore, it’s more deliberate ability now and I appreciate it.

Outcry is rarely the reason for change in Blizzard books unless it’s a long ongoing issue. Changes always make controversy, buffs or nerfs, vast changes or barely anything - it always sparks a controversy. And as we know - most people come to forums to criticize stuff, rarely do you see compliments of job well done. You could cynically say that it’s because they are so bad at it - but I think it’s not the case. Third season of OW2 is looking pretty healthy for support role, every single character feels like has it’s place rather than some being oppressive and some garbage. Mercy is still good, so yeah “get over it”.

1 Like

Their Lead Balance Designer is T500 and peak 4.6K. :laughing: No idea about the rest of the team though.

I no longer think the intentions for the Mercy changes were to increase her deaths or alter her stats much at all. In retrospect, I guess the compensation buffs to her self-healing should have made this clear.

I think they just wanted to make her less frustrating to shoot at, which they probably achieved. On the other hand, Mercies aren’t out in the open flying around as much now, so there’s less opportunity to shoot at her anyway, which helps her death count stay similar.

Personally, I do find Mercy much less annoying to play against now, but I still feel there must have been a better way to handle this. Changes that impact a hero’s mobility and flow this much aren’t a good idea imo.

I tried this a few times. The problem is almost nobody joined and most people that did were just trolling, so this

probably won’t happen.

Also some things can’t be implemented in the workshop, like changing Orisa back.

My hope is they use experimental to try more things and see what sticks. In this AMA they said experimental is not necessary so they don’t see the potential, really weird.