How Would YOU Change Mercy? 🤔

And Mercy has the ability to fly to 2 more teammates in the time it takes Winston to jump to her again

I should really stop going near Mercy threads. Always ends poorly :thinking:

Thank for noting that blizzard did hear me out when I asked for her healing to be toned down, it was the right choice, specially if it makes you lose your ability to make comprehensible sentences, I take that as a win

You’re the one that tried to argue that Mercy’s beam is only a single click of a button. I explained how it’s the same for Moira. Anyhoo, I don’t believe they are the same, if you’re wondering. One is way better than the other because one, it heals more and two, it has a lingering affect.

Not only that, but they do not realize that moira, but also ana, have a burst heal so high that moira can also exchange damage for heal to recharge, and ana can also miss 5 shot in 10 (50% of gold we aim) and both continue to deny winston damage.

2 Likes

And now we got the support mains fighting in the comments

Ask the Winston why he thinks it’s appropriate to jump onto a Mercy when there’s 3 enemy teammates within LoS of the Mercy. Also, again, Mercy is not immune to damage when GAing. Winston can easily damage her whilst she’s flying, then jump on to her, dealing even more damage, and finish her off. It doesn’t take more than 2 seconds considering that he does 50dmg per second.

OK last post here, because it’s not possible to change ur mind. Like I said, Moira and Ana can’t get away as easily as Mercy can. Mercy can fly up to 30 meters on a 2 second cooldown. Moira can go 15 meters, barring Jump boosts off of like fences on a 6 second cooldown. Ana can go nowhere. She can just hope that Winston isn’t just hiding behind his bubble while he is killing her.

Edit: winston does 60 dps btw

revert to rez on q. remove valk. work from there.

Give her TF2 crit healing.
Give her a proactive healing ability when using her beam. Not ubercharge lol.
Allow her to air strafe in GA.
Have a longer delay when switching between healing and dmg boost. Maybe the longer she stays on one, the more it ramps up in effectiveness.

Just things I would’ve loved to see on Mercy since day 1.

What? you are just really bad at math, look here:

Ana fire rate is 1.2, with 75 heal per shot Ana has a total of 90 hp/s if she misses a single shot her hp/s drops to almost half exactly at 50 hps, if you miss 5 out of 10 you are only being half effective and winston WILL kill your target even faster than Mercy can press her holy button

Oh and I forgot, Ana’s healing is progressive, so Winston is dealing more damage per tick each time she is in downtime or reloading, seriously, stop

I remember when I said damage boost shouldn’t affect certain ults along with nerfing her healing and someone said a similar thing to me along with calling me a troll… look where we at now :3

1 Like

So winning that we are here to bicker (and not just us) and we are still talking about mercy and so winning that the game is currently not balanced (and I’m not just talking about support), but it’s ok so happy you.

Wake up, we’re talking about denying winston’s damage not the ability to survive on mercy if winston attacks it

Ana has one of the best CC abilities in the game and Moira has the best escape ability amongst the supports. Mercy quite literally can’t get away easily.

Makes her a even bigger target and her movement would be extremely predictable at this point. Just shoot her.

She teleports 15 meters away… that is better than flying away.

Sleepdart and bio nade saves her from Winston.

Either go into the bubble and sleep said Winston or just run from the Winston, towards your time, and use nade when necessary to buy you some time.

Makes my point even better. :smiley:

But the most shot grenade combo?

Grenade has a ton of downsides, mainly it’s blocked by barriers AND teammates plus it’s your only reliable way of healing yourself, Mercy can simply stay away enough to have her beam connected and heal with her passive, again, zero thought process, you can also miss the freaking grenade which will get you and your teammate killed

Besides the fact that a minimum of skill is needed, but above all, let me understand you’re saying that mercy at 60 hps has more burst healing of ana and moira?
Or in my opinion, does it bother you that mercy heal is easy?

That Winston vs Mercy scenario is irrelevant. The limiting factor for Winston’s damage is that he should not be able to reliably take out the enemy’s backline quickly (he already has the mobility to get their and enough sustain to stay alive for some time when he gets there). The deciding factor for Mercy’s heal should be that she can do something usefull against the damage output of dps characters (not outheal them - but even 60 hps is far from outhealing any dps characters - just something usefull).

Also Mercy is a healer and Winston is a main tank - two roles which are meant to work with their team - those 1 v 2 scenarios do not make much sense when evaluating their abilities.

Resurrect (Ultimate ability)

• Line of sight required
  • Targets all fallen allies within a 20 meter radius
  • 1.5 second cast time
  • Mercy gets a 30% damage reduction for 2 seconds after using Resurrect
  • During the cast time of Resurrect, everyone in a 20 meter radius gets an uniterrupted health regeneration (25hp/s)
"Resurrect was not fun to play against," just as any other ultimate in the game. Old Resurrect allowed Mercy to safely resurrect her teammates from behind a wall or a completely different level. Line of sight requirement and a 1.5 second cast time will prevent Mercy players from going for the "hide and rez" playstyle and use it more as a "tempo rez" to keep the fight going. In other words, this is how it should've been since the beginning.

Valkyrie (Secondary ability)

• Lasts for 4 seconds with a 16 second cooldown
  • Uninterruped health regeneration removed
  • Fixed a bug that broke Mercy's beam upon activating Valkyrie
  • Caduceus staff
    • Chain beaming removed
    • Reach buff removed
    • Healing boosted from 50hp/s to 75hp/s
    • Powerup boosted from +30% to +40%
  • Caduceus blaster
    • Infinite ammunition removed
    • Projectile speed buff removed
  • Guardian Angel
    • Speed boost removed
    • Reach buff removed
Mercy as a main healer currently can't keep up with Moira and Ana. New Valkyrie gives Mercy an opportunity to save an ally during teamfights or to pocket an ally's ultimate.

Here’s what I would do personally.

• Remove Valkyrie and bring back Mass Rez as ult
  • Give Mass Rez LoS checks and a 1s channel time
  • Give Mass Rez Damage reduction instead of invulnerability
  • Add a new E ability, either a CC cleanse for allies or a damage debuff for enemies
  • Most Importantly, give Mercy healing ramp up. For those of you wondering how it works, think how the Medigun works in TF2. Where it heals targets out of combat more than it heals targets in combat. For instance, Mercy could heal the current 50 hps for targets that are currently in combat or have recently taken damage. But her healing increases to 60 hps or higher even for those who have not taken damage for some time.

Revert the last nerf. Perfect

just dont, there are heroes w/ real problems
like torb, bastion and etc.
and heroes w/ bugs
heroes like genji,doom, rein, sombra and etc.

mercy doesnt rly got a problem
other then “not being fun” to some ppl

1 Like