How would you balance cassidy?

I mean there would have to be a lot pf parameters put in place, lower healing, less overhealth abilities, etc. but with the right changes it certainly could be a fun experiment. Though the way wanted spoke about it made it seem like the changes were more so within cass’s kit. :frowning:

i just read your earlier comment about more general hitscan changes

he actually did say there going to be more global hitscan changes next season. most likely nerfs

1 Like

that is very possible, but its effectively the same thing as changing dmg numbers

it just shifts the break points, its a stupid change if they dont drastically nuke the sustain in the game (and im talking to like pre moira days)

we’ll see though. for now its all speculation based on vague posting by a content creator

1 Like

Lower damage to 60 and scale everything and everyone else around that.

Actually not a bad idea.

1 Like

Hold on, cass will be terrible because hitscan nerfs destroy what was left of his mid range damage, ashe and soldier remain dominant if not more so because with their ready long ranges they dont feel the pain the other characters do, and torb is strong because they buff his turret which will now be increasingly difficult to kill with characters barely doing damage at range? Aka a very rare general hitscan nerf that cassidy was roped into.

First: Revert his name change back to McCree.

Secondly: Greatly increase how fast Deadeye charges up, but make it charge slower for each additional target in his LoS. With somewhere, this could be balanced, between 3-5 targets making it charge up at the speed that it does now, and of course capping how slow it can charge. This will make Deadeye much more reliable to secure a pick or two, while not, or minimally, affecting how often it can full team wipe.

Thirdly, allow Deadeye to target Immortality Field.

Fourthly, change Deadeye’s target priority from right to left, as in who it shoots first, to who has the lowest max health pool to who has the highest max health pool. This will help Deadeye land kills, as Deadeye is often fired before every potential target would die from it, by firing at the squishiest targets first, reducing their time to escape. This will also mean that Deadeye will prioritize Immortality Field before any hero, destroying it before firing at anybody inside, (and outside, of course) of its range.

2 Likes

Like the Cassidy with .42 sec firerate and revert fall of a bit.

1 Like

I wish his revolver felt like a revolver. A slow, but punchy six shots that reward precision. That would be awesome and there is nothing like that in the game at the moment. Everything is so spammy or a charge shot if it is burst. I want to feel as if I am an outlaw from the Wild West. Quick to the draw and dueling people.

Their obsession with turning him into a tank with a rapid fire Glock that has less range than Hog is just… Not my hero fantasy.

2 Likes

Ya i think some heroes should be simple there is no need to distribute power in kit but make their identity ability strong.

Cassidy should feel like this

2 Likes

Agreed would love for the cowboy to feel like a cowboy. Powerful, slow, and precise.

2 Likes

That game looks amazing, I wish it was on console. I want to play it. :skull:

2 Likes

It’s available on gog though running it on windows 10 + is buggy, one of their creators made a emulator called dreamm to run all these games they made with this engine.

1 Like

Ya some of these old games look so amazing the level of detail and them trying to get that feel with limited technology but still achieving it

2 Likes

buff range back to 25-45m, reduce hitbox, lower hp to 200hp. New ultimate that Cass can aim during.

1 Like

Can agree with all that decently well! would like to see his nade either replaced with flashbang or a new ability however.

Do you know what the leak is on paper? I figured this was going to happen since I heard they’re getting rid of one shots.

1 Like

Not on paper only leaks from wanted, i can give timestamps if needed. He essentially stated cass would be even worse than he is now due to a buff/nerf exchange with a change to one of his abilities at the cost of all his damage at mid to long range.

ight, yeah that’s where I heard they were getting rid of one shots

1 Like

Still waiting and coping about it. Just hoping they dont massacre my boy