How was your season 17?

Role Specific SR is coming with 2-2-2 and they aren’t using MMR from any previous play. Everyone starts fresh with their 5 placements each from what I read.

Sounds good to me. A reset will be nice.

How was my season 17? just playing arcade, waiting for that juicy beta.

It’s not a complete reset, that would be chaos as all skill levels would be entirely mixed together.
They said they’ve been tracking our performance on each role for a while, so whilst yeah I’d be glad to have a somewhat fresh start, I still think you will be starting roughly from the SR you have finished on (before placements of course), for the main role you play anyway.

Unless I’m totally wrong, that’s what I’ve understood.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

This actually made me laugh out loud. Haha.

My dva has always been of of my best heroes since I started playing in s7 but this season I could hardly win any games on her. I started going zarya and the games got super easy. Too bad I flexed to anything because I knew role queue was on its way. Turns out they were monitoring performance these past few months so I probably screwed up my mmr on my own which explain why I ended the season 200 SR lower than usual

Jeff says resets are horrible. They’re doing everything they can to start the beta season with an accurate MMR for every player in all 3 roles. They’ve been collecting MMR data for everyone in each role for months now. Worst case scenario, if you never play support, they’re probably going to do some calculations off your other 2 or 1 MMR value to guess what it should be.

In general, I did well. SR ended about 192 points higher than where it started, after about 42 matches (including placements).

Weirdest thing I saw happened last night, the night before the end of the season.

We got matched against what was clearly a throw group on Hollywood, but it seemed like some of the enemy team were bots, which I didn’t know was possible in a comp match. There were at least two, a Brig and a Moira, that just ran straight out of the spawn room and kept going straight without stopping or shooting at anyone. They would eventually hit one of the cars outside the first choke point, and then just kept running into it like they wanted to run through it. They’d stay there, running into a parked car, until one of us killed them. Seemed automated, like no one was at the controls, just set to “run that way!”

I’ve seen throw groups before, but never one that seemed to have automated team members. Maybe I’ve just been lucky not to encounter it up to now.

Yep, so my initial point was correct :slight_smile:

Yes, mine was a supporting / clarifying post :slight_smile: Though I differ in the idea that people shouldn’t even look at it as any kind of reset at all. People shouldn’t get their hopes up that things are going to change dramatically if they’ve been playing all three roles in comp, it’s unlikely things will move a bunch.

The hope flex players may be able to hold to is that they may find which role they’re actually best at.

Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to the change a lot (as I expect most are).

I generally play supports/tanks so I’m mostly looking forward to seeing where I’m actually at on those roles in proper teams (no more solo tanking/supporting) as well as actually being able to play dps guilt-free (until I start missing all my shots haha).

My hope is that I find out that I’m actually a legit diamond support (I’ve reached it once before maining Lucio) and that it was the games where I had crap team comps/had to fill on Rein etc that were dragging me down :laughing:

I’ll also see if all those hours I’ve been playing Ashe in QP have made me a competent plat dps or if I still have a way to go.

I played but…
Didn’t even finish placements on my alt account. The whole role queue thing has me all acting anxious to play the new mode because it’s new.

It was great, i started to add genji to my hero pool and im still improving at pharah, hoping to climb to diamond in s18

Perhaps it’s more geared towards the roles you really haven’t played?

Think of it this way, how would it fairly calculate how you play DPS or support if you’ve only ever played a tank?

It has to have a clean slate so it can put you where you’re supposed to be properly.

it would absolutely suck to play DPS for the first time but be placed in gold or platinum just because that’s what your main account MMR is. But due to tank play for 3 years.

As mentioned in a post above

I think this is probably true. And they’ve been taking your stats from all modes for some time, so although yeah maybe there’s a few out there who never play one or two of the roles, they’re in the minority and I suppose it will be a bit of a guess for them initially based off their MMR from playing on other roles.

For me, I play all the roles often enough, just I don’t get to play much dps in ranked, so I assume it will mostly use my QP stats to place me, as well the small amounts of time I do actually have on dps in ranked.

Season 17 went well actually. Haven’t played on my main in 2 seasons, but placed 3363. My main alt placed at 3k or so and made 3.6k then decayed. My group queue account placed 3k and just about hit master, but it’s 3.1/3.2k now.

Hoping to get my alt to 3.6k again, and then will do the same with my main now that role queue is coming. Gonna try to push for 3.8k and maybe GM if it happens.

was ok

Brilliant,
Climbed from 2700 to 3169. My best season ever

It is not a hard rest. It will still take stats from about 6 seasons before, from what I heard.

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

Placed Masters, I’m happy. :slight_smile:
Good times, good memories. I’ll miss these days of freedom and crazy comps. :’)

Somehow my aim has gotten better out of nowhere. I dunno if its because i played a ton of Apex and put OW on the side for a few months but my McCree’s accuracy has gone drastically up from what it used to be. I used to average like 20%-25% and suddenly i’m like 35%-50% in most matches, 50% being me just on fire with everything. Also I kind of stopped caring about points and just played. Ignored/muted/avoided throwers, feeders, one trickers who couldn’t one trick. Much more enjoyable season, if not short.