How was your season 17?

Any toxic or fun stories?
What sr did you start at and what sr did you finish at?
What do you hope to achieve next season?
Anything else about the season?
Reply here

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

Productive raised about 1k sr

Noice!!!

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

Hit Masters again for the 3rd season in a row(on main)
Perhaps next season will finally be the season… :thinking:

one large toxic story is eu platinum after they heard of 2-2-2 ruleset enforcement coming, eu started throwing so much, that actually playing with koreans, that tend to throw, has at the moment become more tolerable and enjoyable.

1 Like

Regular. After a 4 season break, I came back to do placements. Those were ok.

After, it was 5 games in a row with a leaver in each game, each time the leaver was on my side.

Then it was a widow instalock with 19% accuracy on my team, a loss.

Then a Mei wall spawn troll on my side. Loss.

Then a duo torn that day in spawn both rounds playing with the chalkboard. Loss.

And finally a leaver. Again in my side. Loss.

I turned off Overwatch after that, and uninstalled. Might come back in another couple seasons. Probably won’t.

:slight_smile:

Well, the start of Season 17 wasn’t bad. My placement matches went well and I climbed to 2933 SR from 2700s where I ended last season. Then, once Role-Q was announced the quality of my matches went down a lot because everyone kinda stopped giving a damn about the matches and wanted to practice their best dps, there were so many throwers.

Fun Fact: I reported a lot of throwers this season who genuinely agreed to throwing and I got at least 10 separate notifications from Blizzard that action has been taken against someone I reported. I mean I don’t even really report people unless they literally throw and agree in chat that they are throwing, but I’m glad Blizzard is taking measures.

Anyway, I just played a few more matches today, they weren’t too bad. I’m currently sitting at 2777SR.

2 Likes

Season was good in general. Ended last season at 1340, and peaked at 2113 this season after being in bronze for quite a long time.

These last 2-3 days, though have been fairly miserable. Players doing placements on the last 2-4 days of the season in most matches, groups of 1-plat+2-silvers being carried (but not carried well enough), etc. Matches have been volatile and frustrating.

2 Likes

Almost hit plat on my main for the first time, a good season

2 Likes

P good, hit a new peak at about 3315 though I decayed out of it (as I always do) and I climbed back to 3200 just in time for decaying these last 2 days :’(

stupid, players where very toxic and i didnt climb at all, i just want role lock to be out already

I finished about 10 SR higher in season 17 than I did in season 16.

Good so far:

Hanzo - Grandmaster
Torbjorn - Grandmaster
Symmetra - Masters

Next season Ill try something like Junkrat to masters.

I started 3447 sr, peaked 3615 sr.
I was pretty hyped because i decayed to 3000 sr from ~3550, and on my way back up i climbed a lot. I didn’t technically hit a new high, but i was getting in 3.8-3.9k games with gms so I think next season i might be able to reach mid to high masters

1 Like

Awful. Worst season I’ve ever had, and a miserable experience that brought down my mood in an ugly way.

Started alright, but as bunker took hold, I ended up filling as Orisa constantly, despite her being the only tank I do not enjoy playing. More time on Orisa than anything but Lucio, and with a win-rate at 35%. Often with 3+ DPS on my teams.

Dropped over 700 SR from my average from last few seasons. Down to about 2650, from an average of mid-diamond last few seasons, and averaging 3650 or so during season 12-13 prior to suffering a TIA and missing a season.

Find myself lacking enthusiasm for the game, and only playing because I’ve little else to do atm with my free time.

Trolls, leavers, smurfs or multiple new players in every match this season… by far the worst. Every other season combined didnt have as much bad as this one.

I couldn’t care about my SR there is just too much luck involved for me to care. But a friend of me switched to pc and placed Gold but dropped to Silver. So I went on my lowest acc that was barely able to play with him and tried to help him out. Our average was 2400 and I got him back to gold but we lost too many games in my opinion. Playing solo I could be legit throwing and still win on 2900 but duo with him even getting 70% kill participation isn’t enough to carry. I was expecting to play with 1 Silver not 4 additional ones disguised as Gold and Plat.
Yesterday I lost my sh!t when a Genji told me how my Bastion pick was stupid at the last minute and how he had gold damage. I was the only idiot shooting shield when my Silver Reinhardt can’t make space (can’t blame him), the Zarya didn’t follow him, our Genji was feeding and our supports getting killed by their snipers over and over again.
I was widow and I killed everything not behind a shield but then I got tired of shooting an Orisa Shield as Widow and I sure as hell don’t go Tracer against a Brig Hanzo combo simply to support my feeding Genji nah fam, teams are just stupid they deserve their lose.

hit Platinum with my main. Very happy for that.

Gained 200sr with the alt where I mostly play tank/dps. but still in gold there.

Got to 3.7k and stopped due to a job and not having as much time as I used to

Smurfs, throwers, leavers, one tricks.
You know the normal competitive experience for people hard stuck in lower ranks.