How to get out of bronze when its full of trolls and smurfs?

Lost games today. 1 of which had a smurf hanzo (previous seasons had it at diamond). The second loss was a mei that was talking like kermit the frog in chat and ice walling the team inside of the spawn and in corners so that we couldnt get on point and in hallways so that we couldnt move foward. The third loss was a hammond that was trying to trigger us by trolling. He would just stand still not move and not press any buttons while typing lololololololol in chat. Fourth loss was a person that stayed in spawn the whole match switching threw hero select never coming out. This is what the lower ranks have to deal with. This is why its so hard to climb out of them.

3 Likes

While Blizz tries to figure out how to get rid of trolls and smurfs, might I suggest taking a break after 2 losses? If you have throwers two games in a row, you may want to come back later when they aren’t on. You can also look into the LFG for groups that aren’t going to immediately tilt you.

2 Likes

ok, so, the quick guide to get out of bronze in less than 24 hours.

Step one, find a smurf. This is NOT hard in bronze as I am sure you know.

Step two, ask them “how many hours did you put in to get so damn good?”

Step three, once they have answered, ask if you can ask them some questions, since you want to get better. Tell them you can support for them.

Step four, now you are on the team with the smurf on his way up before he starts to throw (they are usually polite and won’t throw while you are teamed up with them, since they have an audience to show how damn good they are). Try to run support for them, do ask them questions about the hero they are running - hell, you may learn a thing or two.

Once they are done with playing, find your next smurf.

Soon you will end up in high silver, where the number of smurfs / throwers / trolls drop DRASTICALLY.

Play your best, You will finally get fair games, and learn a lot quickly. You will either sink or swim.

If you sink, repeat the process.

3 Likes

yea but you will be stuck playing support for the rest of your life 0_o abondoning your high winrate heroes for something you arent that good with will just have you fall back down to a low rank. Solving problems by pushing them aside isn’t the solution to the smurf/thrower problem. Only thing that can fix it is blizzard but the want to continue to pretend that smurfing isnt really a problem. I made a thread showing all the high rank overwatch youtubers videos that also agree that the smurf issue is getting out of hand. Too many people are bored with the lack of new content in the game that they just screw around in the low ranks for s*its and giggles. Some of them make a career out of smurfing and trolling in low ranks to make youtube videos.

1 Like

no, not stuck playing support, you can sink or swim in high silver with whatever hero you like.

But you will have more fair games while doing so.

I TOTALLY agree!!!

But until that happy day comes, we can help people get out of smurf central one bronze at a time.

I have a few questions. What FPS are you running the game at and do you have a decent mouse and mousepad.

60 and above. I have a huge mousepad. The problem has nothing to do with my setup. I have a super powerful PC. i have been PC gaming since 2005. I know how to handle my set up

Hate to break it to you, but that nonsense goes on in silver and gold too. Not as much, but it’s still there.

2 Likes

its a low rank problem in general.

It is, but far far far less. Bronze is it’s own special smurfing hell.

I can tell you for certain there are not many smurfs in bronze. You might think there good but there not. The only people who smurf in bronze are the people that spend there time deranking “and it takes longer then you think” to play there and troll. Which no one does for long.

are you in bronze? If not you should keep your lips zipped. Go to my previous thread where I posted several videos from several high ranked youtube channels, one of which being a channel that interviews overwatch league players and gives tips on hero vs hero strats also say that the smurfing problem has gotten out of control. Here is the link to that post

Smurfs don’t exist in bronze and im telling you that with 100% certainty you are looking for an excuse for the reasons you are stuck at the SR you are at and most likely need someone else to blame. No one wants to be low SR and its understandable but take the time to fix your mistakes. Everyone climbs the ladder there is a reason people can do it.

1 Like

well you are wrong. CLick on the link I posted. I can see peoples ranks in previous seasons. I have also been in one of those smurf videos where they purposely record the game just to upload on their channels making fun of bronze players to stroke their ego.

How many total games have you played in bronze?

1 Like

I am a bronze player so every game I play is in bronze. Why not just click the link instead of putting your fingers in your ears and not listening?

How many games total have you played with a smurf?

1 Like

Are you kidding me? You think I write down evvery game the last several years? How many poops have you taken in your life? Do you write down every time you have a bowel movement just in case someone asks you how many times you have? JUST CLICK THE FREAK’N LINK!!! Is it that hard?

I did click the link and all it is a bunch of people talking about alternate accounts which doesnt matter in your situation as there is none in bronze.

1 Like

I was in bronze when the icon people had was based on their max rank in the current season.

I went a week, playing 4 hours a night and never had a game that didn’t have a plat+ on one side or the other.

I can tell you FOR CERTAIN that there are.