How Mass rez was more fun than now and if it was even healthy

Old mercy was pretty healthy. If they just would made the ult LoS it would be perfectly fine. To 90% of the time this 5 man rez did not happen. Its true that the current mercy rez more than twice as much as the old one. Often times you used it to rez two and sometimes just to rez the tank that died just in the middle of the fight. Current rez is a lot unhealthier for the game game at the old one. Also when they got a team wipe and missed the mercy… it was there fault. Back then all people understand what mercy could do and baited the rez or killed her first. It was also more stressful for the mercy because what do you think happens when you rez for fast or to late…

It was a engaging teamfight back then and nowadays the fights are more simple and require less awareness to win.

1 Like

And I find it hard to understand what you don’t understand about that not being a problem inherent to mass rez, and that most people suggest tweaks.

Actually, I do. You don’t want to actually understand because it is simple.

1 Like

Emm ok, I knew it. But what the point of this thread?

Blah blah says Mercy mains only. Mass res is universally the stupidest, most OP skill ever designed, ever.

Single res is OP, and doesnt belong in game without several drawbacks to the recipient being added. Multires is just dumb, and those continually campaigning for it need to grow up and learn how to move on with their lives, it ain’t coming back.

Mass Resurrect is OP apparently. Oh wait, single Resurrect is also OP. LMAO, make up your mind. Also, might I add that Mercy was underpowered with mass Resurrect before and only become remotely viable after her invulnerability buff (which most of us don’t want if mass Resurrect was to come back).

I assumed your post was in response to the one above it. Hard to tell sometimes, since the forums only tell you whether or not a post is a reply if there’s another post between it and the one it’s replying to.

1 Like

Current rex is stronger… a lot stronger. 5 man raz was one in every 20 games and mass rez even used to rez one person.

You trshtalking right now.

Within the confines of your typical teamfight, i.e. <30 seconds, you get one single target rez regardless, yet using it to maintain a full team proved to be quite optimal in both Mercy meta pro usage, and pre-rework usage on Pharmercy comps.

[Citation Required]

Mass rez is OP, that’s why Mercy was never OP when she had it and was even underpowered until she got invuln during it, at which point she was still only comparable with other healers (even after Ana had been nerfed) and was rarely used in high level play. :thinking:

2 Likes

Back then mercy was not used in pro machetes because she was to weak. Current rez is more problematic then old mass rez.

What?
Mass rez was a button press. Nothing more.
This is still in the mercy kit. (now on another button)
Healing, boosting, etc
All of this has not changed at all.

So. The only difference is valk.
And if adding something that lets her fly, deal damage, and do stuff, is less fun than having no ult at all?.. How?

My opinion on Mass Rez was that it was OK, but Hide n’ Rez was mainly a product of two things. One was SR boosting, which I believe they modified the algorithm for that and mass rez could be reintroduced (As mentioned by OP, there were ults that could counter a rez if you had them saved up until after rez), and two, the invincibility frames Mercy got for rezzing. I feel like this was mainly put in place because lots of people would do this:
People die
Mercy, a nigh-defenseless squishy, flies in alone to save the day
Mercy gets focus-fired
It’s like if Reaper got invincibility during Death Blossom because the player would try to use it in a 1v6 and fail for bad usage. If you went in out in the open by yourself in either scenario, you would realistically get focus-fired before you could do anything, so why would Mercy get the advantage of invincibility frames on that?
Small rant aside, I just think Mass Rez didn’t need to give Mercy I-frames since I’m pretty sure most deaths while rezzing were due to being out in the open crossfire (although I could be wrong).

1 Like

Was an impactful ultimate.

Resurrect on E followed with a cast time and 75% movement speed.

Healing has been nerfed.

Glorified Spectator mode.

You get that rez instantly and at no cost, though. And team fights can and do last more than 30 seconds fairly commonly.

She was a rare pick, and never used outside Pharmercy or cheese, but she did see use.

You fly like a brick and glow like a Christmas tree. You abiletys dont change. It’s the worst ultimate ever design. Could be a normal abilety with a shorter duration.

It’s still more fun than having nothing at all.

Cheese in pro play? Oh and pharmercy yes but that dont change anything. She was not good back then. She was pretty weak.

Sorry hunny but mass Resurrect by itself was more fun to use than the garbage that is Valkyrie. Also, most of us don’t want a full revert. I don’t see the problem in adding a new E ability.

1 Like