How many people purchased an extra account to increase their SR rank?

The mentality behind this is simply the following: You might be good enough to keep playing around 500-750 SR higher than you are but climbing there is a different thing.

If you are stuck at 2300 you might be able to play at 2800 but there you will be avarage or maybe even sub par and kept there by your teammates and the often 50/50 matches created by MMR. To climb there however you need to be significantly better and very consistent in the rank you are currently.

1 Like

Isn’t 100SR differebce practically the same in gold/plat?

LOL… I’m everyone, everywhere. I could be you!

even 500 SR … I have seen people pop tac visor when half of the team is dead into two shields in low silver and in plat :smiley: In higher ranks people are getting more consistent and mechanically better on avarage but high silver to low gold feels mostly the same

1 Like

Pretty sure it does. Got 2.930 or so with my humblebundle copy and two of the losses were pure stomps, then I had a few bad games, a few good ones, I also had to off-role a few.

I did all the games pretty much solo in QP and placements.

Placement results was 6-4 or 7-3 I believe.

1 Like

I have placed multiple alt accounts between 900 to 1300 sr higher than main.

I have gone so far as to only play deathmatch on alt account up to level 25. Not a second of 6v6 quick play to speak of.

First comp game on alt account is always around 2400 to 2500 sr (I ask before game starts).

At 900 to 1300 sr above main, I am unable to keep alt account at that level. Main account does go up due to experience playing on higher sr alt accounts.

Overall, I would say alt and main accounts merge at about 500 sr above main.

1 Like

Did you check the SR of the players in the very first placement game?

That is the starting point I was talking about.

saying everyone that doesn’t play comp is 2350 is ridiculous. that means every quick play game is unbalanced piece of crap.

I have 3 accounts.
They all end near the same SR.

Main (ineedhealing) didn’t place yet, 3.2ish last
couple seasons.

Alt (cheersluv) is 3.2ish too. This one was usually 100-200 more because I tryharded more.

Smurf (this) is 2500 or something, didn’t finish climbing yet but I have like 0 desire to play right now.

What makes you think that you’re competent enough to play in a higher ELO when you have multiple accounts in lower ranks and can’t or barely climb?

back in season 5, this acc was my alt. my first one is (and still was at the time) silver border. it reached Master in season 3 but I was surely boosted by the winstreak BS and also triple tank meta…
this account came along and placed plat… but flew up into Masters within the same season. my stats were at an all time high which meant they were all super inflated, resulting in my zarya being rated #3xx at one point (obviously not true… just my MMR adjusting).

I’ve been in Masters since.

Your second account placed you silver and you haven’t climbed…? I don’t want to be an jerk but if you ask me, the newer accounts are always more accurate. I’ve had many friends place second accounts, and it’s generally higher because their first account has too much irrelevant info left on it… And even if they place lower, the “correction” period brings them back up to speed.
You should be able to climb up to 200 SR of your “true” SR quite easily.

Don’t buy an account from someone else just to watch yourself get wrecked later.

I’m sorry but you just placed a brand new account in Silver.

On my main I was a mercy main, on my DPS account (which I’m a terrible DPS) I placed in plat, my tank account (which is even worse than my dps) I placed in plat.

I played like dog poop and got plat on all my alts.

You placed in silver. Are you actually telling us, without even joking, that you believe you could buy a boosted account (let’s say masters) and you could maintain the rank?

Give me a break, you’d drop so hard and so fast, you wouldn’t even realise what was happening before it crashed down to the same as your main.

Diamond is hard, masters is hard, GM is so hard it’s not even worth debating.

You are a fool if you believe a silver player could automatically perform at that level.

You would ruin hundreds of games on the way down.

I literally see it every day in the game, that one player which stands out, that one person which does stupid things, you know immediately, within seconds of gameplay, that they’re boosted. It’s so obvious.
I’ll be honest, I flame them. I call them out. I report them for cheating and griefing.

I like how your names are a voice lines.

1 Like

I also had ItsHighNoob when I was learning mccree! I was the best gold McCree on my whole block :smile:

Well I didn’t purchase per say.
But yeah I’m still gold so that means I truly suck. I’m fine with that now. Such a relieve

Bro… 99% of us in forums suck, don’t let it get to you.

ANYONE, and I mean anyone can get plat and diamond if they put the effort.

1 Like

At this point, I couldn’t care.
I can’t even get mad anymore at a lose.
I think I’ll just play nonchalantly till I get to bronze.

Yes, that’s what made me realise I was bad and just needed to improve.

1 Like

So you got boosted to gm by your friends? LUL

Not having ever been to GM I don’t really know, but from what I’ve read even GMs don’t usually place in GM on a new account. Maybe around high diamond / master.

So I’m calling BS on glitchiee, too. Unless any GMs want to correct me.