How many Characters does OW need

to incluse all gender, sexuality, race, whatever?
So that no one, on the entire planet, that can be discriminated about not being included?!

And please don’t tell me the answer is: 42!

Yeah, I feel like North Korea should see some representation. North Korean Overwatch players are being ignored right now.

Sealand as well.

2 Likes

42!

That’s a big number

1 Like

Inclusiveness is a pursuit, not a destination. No one is expecting for literally every type of person, of every single background, to be represented in one specific source. But what people do ask for is diversity, a cast full of unique characters that represent more than what we typically see in popular media, which is heavily dominated by the same types of characters with the same types of backgrounds.

This is such a silly argument to oppose inclusiveness with, by the way. How many straight white men do we need in media before we’ve seen enough and straight white men can stop feeling offended by diversity? I’d love to know that number because I’m sure we’ve surpassed it.

5 Likes

About 200 considering that some heroes’ backgrounds overlap, more if you add them by proportionally realistic statistics

This whole diversity stuff is same old same old, but that does raise the question:

when will OW stop releasing heroes? :thinking:

4 Likes

Well if you wanna count all genders. All sexuality. All races and then you have to combined them all so i would say There will never be enough to make people stop this topic.

I’d rather see reworks to the ailing current cast than new ones.

Should have figured putting a bunch of WoW devs onto a class based shooter was going to wind up with bad balance and too much CC.

I think in some interview Jeff said that he did not see a limit to how many heroes they can add meaning we might get around 90 or so (assuming this game stays relevant enough to warrant the same “consistent” updates it gets now).

7 according to current meta

1 Like

151?

Problem is, no more than 7 will be viable.

1 Like

HERO 28th IS JETPACK CAT NO EXCUSES AFTER NO MORE HEROES CUZ HE WILL BE TOOOOOOO OP AND GET 50+ Buffs

About 7 billion, if they are not going to exclude anyone. You probably will not like the mundane playstyles or backstories of most of these extremely specific heroes though, but at least each hero will be tailored to be relatable to some living person on this planet. Perhaps a little too relatable…

If you know the answer, then you don’t know the question.

the amount of characters that overwatch needs to be enjoyable just gameplay wise is 15

r/unexpectedfactorial

Big number indeed :crazy_face:

1 Like

Necromancy is a sin on these forums

1 Like

Thanks for all the fish :smile_cat:

but yea I agree at some point enough is going to have to be enough because the time we wait now for simple buffs/nerfs/reworks is going to exponential longer as more get added.

Course, Overwatch could just be some sort of mouse experiment? :confused: