How is Roadhog a tank?

He wears a licence plate as a belt buckle and has a winch. Not much more explanation needed there.

Understandable. Have a good day.

I like when roadhog gets hate, means he does his job.

I like the crying this forum does, it fuels me.

I never was too bothered with him doing damage. My experience in games was playing Ragnarok Online and other MMORPGs. In those tanks were just DPS characters that can take a lot more damage. Sometimes they were mounted, sometimes they used agility to dodge damage, some had skills to block or absorb, but they were usually used as front liners to absorb hits or draw attention away from enemies or monsters. Sometimes the priest did the tanking lol. So, I guess it all depends on your game. Roadhog can take the hits so in a way he tanks, but he offers no shields but he does have a big body and damage to compensate. I guess it really depends if this is something you want in your game.

The crux of our disagreement, I’d reckon, is because I don’t find a tank being able to insta-kill-combo should be hard to kill, and vise versa. It should be one or the other.

I think him being hard to kill is necessary. That should be a thing for a tank that does not have a shield. I’d rather he be a tank that has decent damage (not insta-kill levels, even if it is not consistent) who also specializes in displacing the enemy with his hook. And obviously, adjusting him to compensate for that being a thing. On top of that, he should be hard (if not harder), to kill.

Which is fine if you disagree and believe that he needs both. I’m not about to tout that I’m not biased, nor that this would be a change better for the game. This is entirely a change I’ve sat on for a while, and thoughts I’ve had for a while, being tired of his presence in the game. It’s not lost on me that my idea could very well be trashtastic. Or maybe it won’t, I don’t know. I’m not of the mindset this is a, “ha ha i am right and you are wrong” topic.

But, come on. I said flat-out from the get-go I don’t think tanks need shields to be a tank, and you rhetorically asked if they all need to be rectangle dispensers.

3 Likes

Crying? You were literally crying about this one mistake I made. Who do you think you are? God?

6 Likes

Just being hard to kill doesnt make a tank, just makes him a meat shield.

Nobody would respect the space roadhog takes up if he did not offer a threat, to kill you.

There is no taunting, no AI to manipulate. You either offer a shield, or to kill and be hard to kill. That is how you tank.

Do you agree with me or not I am genuinely so confused

I made a note that he should have decent damage.

As in, still can be a threat, just not the insta-kill-combo level of damage.

3 Likes

I most definitely do not agree with you. I was not crying about your nonsensical OP, I was in point of fact making fun of it.

Because Blizzard is so woke its not allowed to call fat people fat… so anyone who is fat is called a “Tank”

I never said that roadhog was op or something, I just said how is he a tank? I’m literally asking. If you don’t have an answer, then please ignore this.

Roadhog does not insta-kill, widow and hanzo insta-kill. Roadhog has a combo that has a high chance of securing a kill with a long cooldown, with more counter play than what most heroes have to suffer through with their kits.

He just exploits bad playing, and people do not like that.

1 Like

On topic hog is a tankful of ult charge for my ana.

He is needed cause otherwise you would have dumb dps players queonh for priority pass feed their literal brains out on dva or ball.

Hog atleast makes sure they get some value.

He is also a good fall back when you don’t get enough heals or peels.

He is annoying for both team and enemy but he isn’t op though.

He does tank through fear, he can body block a lot of damage,he creates space, he has shield break.He can peel.

It’s just most hogs you see nowadays are dps players playing flank hog, which is annoying for both team and enemies, though trust me it’s still better than them getting their hands on dva.

Sorry dude, waltzing forward, Yanking someone in from 20 meters away, killing them in a microsecond, then waltzing off while huffing on a can of gas entirely unphased by the 100,000s of bullets he just got pelted with is not “Exploiting bad playing”

case in point… he shouldn’t be able to yank a bastion who is in sentry mode who can’t be moved by any other boop including doomfists rocket punch

5 Likes

If roadhog is waltzing forward and hooking you, consistently, that is the very definition of bad playing.

no, it means he is able to survive just sauntering up to your entire team (bad play) and doing as he pleases

2 Likes

Zarya disagrees and asks you for bench press battle, and also have you seen the size of dva and hamster.

You and your team need to get better, roadhog past bronze is not allowed to just do that, punish him.

I did not say one-shot. He combos and can kill full HP targets. I specified that earlier.

Please stop assuming that I’m not countering him.

I make his life Hell. I play most of the roster. I don’t play main tank and I don’t play Doomfist or Moira, but I play practically everyone else. I will go any and all heroes to counter him and do so successfully.

I can still dislike a thing even if it isn’t beating me.

Please just stop making assumptions in general. If I don’t say it, don’t assume it. Ask me instead.

5 Likes