Blizzard, seriously fix your servers I never entered a match I was still in Queue when my internet went down thanks to your servers. An issue that is ongoing right now in comp since latest patch
There is nothing wrong with the servers at this time. You disconnected while a match was found, resulting in you not joining the match, and receiving the penalty. Overwatch doesn’t disconnect your internet, so it’s not fair to punish your team for your connection loss.
Right, so everyone else that is being kicked from servers they just have bad internet too. And the fact this magically happens after the latest patch, despite my internet prior having no issue has no bearing. Oh, and the fact I already went through all the calls with my internet provider and they confirmed it’s not at their end. Funny how hours on Dead by Daylight, a game with no dedicated servers has no connectivity issues despite me being paired with those with higher than 200 ping.
Dead by Daylight is a peer to peer online game which means your connection route for that game will vary depending on which computers you connect to. With a peer to server game like Overwatch you most likely take the same connection route to the same data center. Remember there can be problems between you, your ISP, and the game server which can drop a connection. The best troubleshooting method is to stick with Quick Play games and run WinMTR tests to see if there is any disruption in service on your connections…
- Download WinMTR from https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/WinMTR-v092.zip/download (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 22.214.171.124:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 126.96.36.199
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 188.8.131.52
- US Central - 184.108.40.206
- Brazil - 220.127.116.11
- Europe - 18.104.22.168
- Europe - 22.214.171.124
- Korea - 126.96.36.199
- Taiwan - 188.8.131.52