How is Hanzo a balanced hero?

I fail to see how that is relevant to my comment about his hitbox not being that size that you just quoted.

Which is my point. I’m surprised.

Before I remember when Winston could jump on Hanzo and actually be a threat to him LOL. Like scatter arrow and head shots could still wreck a Winston, but it required a lot of skill and perhaps even luck. Winston would win most times.

Now if Winston were to try that he would get auto-deleted.

1 Like

Genji’s shuriken are huge.

People would complain about it if they moved as fast as Hanzo’s arrows.

While my mind’s telling me that it could be fitting, my body’s telling me overwatch already has enough cc.

Why not?

He is very good destroying shields

I wish I had Hanzo on my team for that reason, but for whatever reason, it’s always my team that gets the Genji who cannot Genji and is always dying.

I’m a DPS/Hanzo main, but haven’t queued up for DPS because I don’t feel like waiting.

Hanzo can be a full head size off and still hit a headshot. That sounds like a big hitbox imo.

Genji is also a close-range hero, he doesn’t need high projectile speed.

Hanzo used to have much slower projectiles, but people complained too much about spam and how unreliable it was and he got the projectile speed buffed.
Turns out people will always call getting hit by Hanzo arrows spam no matter how good the actual shot was.

It being a projectile makes up for the size, as he misses shots he otherwise wouldn’t because of it. There’s a reason why you’ll have lower accuracy on Hanzo than McCree in most cases.
If you want a perfect hitbox, you’ll have to settle for hitscan.
I can only imagine the sh*tstorm that would come after making Hanzo hitscan and everyone suddenly realizing that being more reliable is much stronger than a larger hitbox that can be dodged.

The only character that would be true against is Ashe, but that’s because she has a massive head hitbox. The arrow itself is nowhere near that big.

In my opinion, this is just another “nerf hero because of player skill” thread… I’m a big believer that when I still have room to improve on a hero maybe I should do just that instead of trying to decrease the difficulty for myself by requesting hero buffs/nerfs. Just saying, when Hanzo eliminates me it’s likely because I did something wrong or merely got outplayed. Based on my experience sucking at Hanzo, if a player is consistently one-shotting at range and outliving flankers & divers then they deserve the win… and their opponents should spend a little more time on their own heroes :man_shrugging:t2:

Yes it is and it’s not only for Ashe.

It’s mainly for Ashe, there’s a handful characters with strange head hitboxes, but the arrow itself has a radius of 2-3". It looks much larger when combined with the head hitboxes than it actually is.

1 Like

This is for a number of reasons but mostly because the projectile feels especially large when shot down a tight space such as a choke or threshold. i’ve always thought hanzo never deserved to have wallhack because of it. but wallhack isn’t the problem if you aren’t trying to force solo carry.

it’s also just because he has the power to 1 shot from many ranges. this was frustrating a year and a half ago, but it is the kind of thing you are grateful for now if you’re not really into the whole foreplaywatch playstyle that is being shoved down our throats.

the only nerf i really want to see to hanzo is having his dodge roll deleted. he never should have received this. and to add insult to injury, it is just a better version of combat roll which does not even function if mccree is not on the ground.

Well when the design team say they regret the hanzo rework I’m pretty sure they know they F’d up.

As you can see in the video that you yourself just linked, Soldier’s head hitbox extends 2" or so from his head.

Ah so it’s Soldier’s hitbox? It has nothing to do with Hanzo’s arrow? :laughing:

1 Like

Soldier’s head hitbox makes up for 35-40% of the gap between them, I made it pretty clear what I was saying. Hanzo is only part of it, the head hitboxes are screwed in general.

Hanzos skill floor is not THAT high as many would like to believe… i trust a diamond mercy main more on hanzo than McCree

1 Like