How greedy can overwatch get?

And you’re claiming I was the one with too much investment in this fight, I see why you want it to remain exclusive.

I never said I don’t like it, it’s the funniest thing I’ve read all day, group chat got a kick out of it. And believe me your train of thought isn’t hard at all to follow, I just think it’s a ridiculous over exaggeration.

I have no plans to purchase it.

This isn’t a response to this particular post, but you may be interested in this:

3 Likes

Entitled is subjective, your treatment of me is not, stop being rude, make an argument that doesn’t involve insulting me please.

I think Vulmaxi summed this up better than I could

1 Like

lol, that disclaimer at the bottom, going to be a lot of angry people. Guess Blizzard realized it was a dirty ploy and corrected it. Can’t be angry with them than, good on you Blizzard! :+1:

Thanks for bringing that to Light DrClan.

But they only packaged it in order to milk more money out of the consumer by force-selling them things they don’t need just to get some milk. They know damn well what they’re doing, it very much is their fault, and feigning ignorance like you’re doing doesn’t help their cause. They know what their customers want - marketing people are paid very well to tell them this - and by bundling what consumers don’t want with what they do just to extract more money out of them is dishonest business.

In this case, however, just as with the Lúcio emote, Blizzard realize they’ve been caught with their hand in the cookie jar and will be offering the skin early next year for direct sale. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Except blizzard isn’t selling a skin for $40. They’re selling a virtual ticket to watch all their panels and events.

$50 ? It’s almost like as if I’m paying for a new game :thinking:

You said yourself that you don’t want this item but are speaking for others who actually want it. I want this item, I want it bad. But not bad enough to support blizzcon.

Your assertions on those who want it but are unwilling to pay the price is wrong. I don’t pretend to speak for others and sure as heck don’t enjoy others pretending to speak for me.

But you get all this stuff you never asked for!

1 Like

Those people have decided that they value that skin at that level. You decide for yourself what it’s worth to you… and that seems to have been less than 5 dollars.
A good business decision brings in more money. You would have bought one skin at, lets be generous, 3 dollars. They sell 1, count em 1, virtual ticket and they’ve already made more than 16 times that. Not to mention most of the people buying the virtual ticket are benefiting far more than that one skin. Many people play multiple games and some will pay even MORE for the goodie bag. … sounds like a good business decision to me. Pleasing people from multiple games they publish and encouraging spending even MORE money and drumming up interest in games you might not even play cause … hey… maybe you’ll play one of the other games cause you have a thing for it you’ve unlocked.

1 Like

I don’t speak for those that want the skin, I speak that its a dirty practice by Blizzard, but seeing as all of this topic was in vein (its not unique after all), I see Blizzard thought it too was a dirty strategy and opted not to follow it.

1 Like

You asked for it when you clicked “purchase”.

The problem is that selling milk and cereal together is not an accurate analogy since it’s just a bundle of things together. It’s flawed in the same way my silverware analogy was flawed.

What’s happening here is you’re being sold a product and you’re being given incentives to purchase it. It’s intended specifically to encourage people who are on the fence or wouldn’t normally buy the product to do so because it makes the valuation of that product worth it. If you give away those exclusives to other people then those who purchased the virtual ticket will feel cheated.

You THINK its a dirty practice. That doesn’t make it one. Things aren’t free or be packaged in a manor that you dictate.

2 Likes

Honestly friend I think the main take away from this is don’t try to make examples. People care way to much about the irrelevant points of your example, and way to much about the irrelevant points of mine.

1 Like

No offense but…it’s how the Noira skin is for those that love Widow. Those that love WoW and OW, and missed getting the exclusive emotes for the banners and voice lines.

And those that love Winston and Bastion with their Blizzcon skins

It’s not the first time Blizz has do this. And there are a few times they went back on exclusives; Officer D.Va and Oni Genji, and even now with the OWL Lucio emote.

Exclusivity is something a lot of companies do.

Dirty is subjective, you thinking its not is as valid as me thinking it is. That’s why we discuss things.