How Does Overwatch Create TEAMS?

We all know they use the hidden MMR to create matches. They’ve never said how teams are made.

Do they just grab 12 random players with close MMR? Randomly put them on two teams?

Do they work to create and even match by sticking the highest rated player with the lowest rated player?

If a player has been out performing the other players at that SR, do they find an equal stand out to put on the other team?

Does the dps that averages 12k damage get the 4k damage teammate to match the other team’s two 8k damage dealers, so both teams do about 16k damage a game?
(seems this way with my healer partner)

Do they just take a chance that the 4 best players in the match will all end up on the same team?

How are the actual teams divided up? I think this would clear up a lot of confusion about one of all time hottest topics on the forums.

Forum Moderator Note: This topic’s title has been edited as we frown on developer callouts.

5 Likes

Dude, you have a complaint post every day. If the game tilts you this much you may want to consider playing a different game for your own sake

9 Likes

Feels like more than that…

3 Likes

You don’t need Jeff to tell you that OW matchmaking is hot garbage and not truly random based on skill. There is a reason why people run into the same issues in Blizzard games that do not exist elsewhere.

1 Like

I play the game every day. I love the game. I think the heroes and maps are great fun. But i do feel like the matchmaking system is it’s biggest downfall. Blizz likes to fix things. Maybe if people express how frustrating and frankly suspicious this system is… they might realize that it’s something to be looked at.

…didn’t you quit?

17 Likes

Are you 6 years old? Wasting your time sifting through my old posts. /golfclap

1 Like

Kapoof you are soo cute lol

6 Likes

lol you can tell by these posts hes a sensitive guy that gets really wound up and is passionate about the game. Why do his perceptions always fail him? :frowning: Why cant he at least step back and see that maybe hes bias. Is it possible to get through to him?

7 Likes

At least, so… yes?

/shrug only took a second to search your post history. Did you delete some of the more recent “i quit” babyrage tantrum posts? I swear I remember responding to some recently.

I say that true you’re complaining a lot in this post (IDK about others that much b/c I haven’t been using the competitive section of the Overwatch forums that much lately). But you do have a point, how are teams paired together?

I think it’s healthy for the developers of Overwatch to tell us how teams are paired in competitive matches. I mean there shouldn’t be any reason to hide the reason for it? There’s no way people can abuse it, especially considering that placements are regular competitive matches in disguise.

1 Like

How do you create teams? That’s like asking how do find a spouse? Or what is the meaning of life?

The answer is 42.

4 Likes

But what is the question tho!?

3 Likes

What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

4 Likes

Only when you know the question will you know what the answer means :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m far from being a ninjadoctorpiratescientistmagician-mathematician, so I might be totally wrong here, but I think that’s the wrong question :frowning:

3 Likes

Pfff you just need to re-read The restaurant at the end of the universe, the proof is all laid out there.

4 Likes

(I actually wanted to re-read the whole series a couple of days ago, since it was like 15-20 years since I plowed through 'em, but I couldn’t find my collection. Then I set out to re-read Norwegian Wood instead, but I couldn’t find that book either. It ended with me angrily eating ice cream in front of j00t00b instead) :frowning:

(sorry for derail)

3 Likes

Hadn’t heard of that before - the wiki makes it sound scandalous!

2 Likes

Forget the wiki, the title makes it sound scandalous!

5 Likes