How do you think Moira can be reworked into a more fun anti-flanker?

Just a suggestion thread. I kinda sympathize with both camps of this debate. Tracer has been my second most played hero but Moira is also my favorite support too. Brig proves it is possible to make balanced anti flankers who flankers don’t despise. Her launch started out rocky but she’s a much better hero now for everyone imo. I’d like to think we can get there with Moira too someday.

So basically I’d take any suggestion to change Moira in a way so she’s still fun to play as a support, can still act as an anti-flanker, but flanker players are ok with it like they are with Brig rn.

1 Like
  1. Give in to the QQ and tighten up her M2 to be exactly like Sym and Zarya’s.
  2. Admit that without relaxing aim requirements, heroes like Genji and Tracer cannot ever be balanced and greatly nerf their mobility.

There. Moira is no longer a problem.
Neither is Tracer and Genji.

The game is homogenized.
People stop playing.
OW loses revenue.
Activision shutters the game servers.
We get exactly what we deserve.

13 Likes

Give her a Desert Eagle. I know Jeff said no turning them into CS guns… but he also said no stealth heroes. No death match. Blah, blah, blah. The list goes on.

3 Likes

she would probably be more fun if they simply changed her m2 and orb to not be “free”. she would still remain strong vs flankers because of her healing output + invincible movement cd.

2 Likes

make her have 4 hands…maybe 2 robot ones? she should be like general grievous, dmg beam from all hands… vacuum cleaner noises

5 Likes

Change nothing.

I love her the way she is right now.

(P. S. “Stupidity is not a right”)

2 Likes

I disagree with that greatly. moira is good vs them because of her kit, not just because she is super easy to aim.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s a way to do it without reworking the hero. She was rarely used in high ranks before the release of Sigma and the fact that she fit into that meta pretty well. Now you see her often. She still lacks utility which the other supports provide so I think it’s fair that she has better survivability than the other heroes. I don’t play her much anymore, though.

The problem is that she can’t do anything else, which means that what she can do has to be at an acceptable standard (otherwise you get heroes like Sym…) She has no utility, so if you reduce her healing she’s underpowered as a support and will still be used as a 3rd DPS. She’d still used in low ranks, because she’s user-friendly. She still has very low DPS, but her orbs combined with favourable accuracy on her beam still makes her decent at attacking. She’s needs to attack because her healing spray is a resource with otherwise slow regeneration.

Suppose you have the healing as a faster regeneration, (you could drop the spray by 5 HPS, but I don’t think she needs nerfs) and make changes to the beam so it doesn’t have as long of a range, or does slightly less damage, or something. Nerfs for buffs. Someone probably has better ideas but you’d need to rework her, otherwise.

Rework her beams just how they did to Symmetra. Straight very thin beam. Both Secondary and Primary. In this way cuz it’d be more aim required (and less consistent) you can reward her with more healing, more dmg and more selfhealing.

Make her Orbs to only heal or do dmg when She is healing or when She is doing dmg and the Orbs would do healing/dmg to only those players who is Moira doing healing or dmg with her primary and Secondary.

1 Like

So true.

I never get the problem with her aim requirment… You know that her dps is so low because of it… Tightening it would lead to a dmg increase.

Sure, by nerfing them until they are in fact prey for the flankers they were once meant to counter. Weird balance that is.

Don’t get me wrong, she’s cool to play and I main her, and she’s less vulnerable to flankers than Zenny, but virtually any other healer, Ana, Mercy, obviously Moira, hell even Bap is less vulnerable to most flankers either through disabling, killing or CCing them.

3 Likes

Flankers don’t counter Brig…

suggestions to make her more mechanically difficult usually compensate her in some other way though.

1 Like

People keep bringing up they want her to have Sym or Zarya like beams.

Imagine a 180 DPS Moira. :joy:

2 Likes

brig isn’t flanker food btw. idk how you’re playing brig.

1 Like

I kinda think that the flankers are ok with Brig, since she isn’t all that effective as an anti flanker.

2 Likes

brig is an effective anti flanker though. she is run in dive mirrors because her peel/armor is good with and against flankers.

I’d rather face any other support than Brig when I’m on Tracer. She’s not a nightmare like she used to be but she’s still the hardest to face.

??
I wouldn’t mind her getting changed as long as she gets buffed in return.

But I still believe that Moira is perfect the way she is.

I like playing her, she is one of my favorite heroes (with mercy).

I get that.

But you wouldn’t expect her not to be 3rd highest pick in GM if her counter also had a crazy high pick rate.

She enables Tracer as much as she stops her. Otherwise you wouldn’t see that pattern in pick rates.

Counters stop heroes WAY more than they enable them.

1 Like