How do you Stop Venture?

With the ability to go invulnerable every 5 secs. How do you stop this hero?

2 Likes

Pharah, McCree, Ashe, Junkrat… literally anyone with range is their weakness.
They’re a brawler DPS, so they’re deadly in your face and useless at a distance.
Think Reaper but with more mobility.

6 Likes

I watch as she took on a Pharah … She went underground… Shoot upwards hit the phara a few times dead phara…

1 Like

Sounds like a bad Pharah.

Genuinely, though - anyone with range or high mobility. That’s Venture’s weakness.

15 Likes

aim

1 Like

Def a bad phara

3 Likes

Invulnerable… Cant be hit even with perfect aim … Shoots upwards goes as high as phara… Shoots the phara a few times (she has AoE even in the sky)

Uh… I just watched the mound of dirt until Venture popped out of it, then shot her. Oh, also I stood back a bit too.

8 Likes

Know what phara has that could have stopped that? Concussion rocket lol. That one cooldown full counters anything venture does.

1 Like

Are we really gonns collectively stand here and act like this is the first dps with invulnerability? Is this what we decided?

12 Likes

The invul is an 8 second cooldown and has one of the longest wind ups for literally any ability in the game.

Stun them out of it, play high burst and just burst through the wind up animation.

Like venture is genuinely not difficult to counter, at all.

4 Likes

If we are talking exclusively about interacting with the Burrow ability you have the following options I have encountered personally while playing Venture (almost 20 hours).

• Cassidy grenade can prevent Burrow and Interrupt Burrow (still puts it on CD).
  • Doom can punch Venture out of Burrow during the dig animation.
  • Hog can hook out of Burrow during that same animation.
  • Brig can stun during that animation during her Ult.
  • Sombra can hack during that animation, but this is much harder to do.
  • Ramattra can prevent Venture from getting any air with vortex over where they are exiting.
  • A well timed Rein charge can catch Venture during the exit animation. I’ve gone against several Reins who pulled this off consistently forcing me to never exit near them.
  • Any boop after exiting Burrow can displace Venture putting them out of their effective range if they used it to engage. This makes Burrow difficult to use as an engagement tool if the enemy has Lucio/Brig/Ashe/etc.

Also the cooldown is 8 seconds, not 5.

I didn’t mention Ana sleep dart because the wind up animation for Sleep Dart is too long to use it reactively to Burrow. You’d have press the input for sleep before or right as the Venture player pressed their input. You’d be better off trying to sleep them during Drill or after they exit Burrow but that is difficult to do.

3 Likes

Any gender idols will have a bigger advantage and a bloated kit. That’s just how it goes and it shows.

Now the usual to hinder a Venture is Sombra.

Any form of CC is brutal on them. Then any aggtrssive lineup that can react quickly helps a ton.

But the buggest factor in all of this is awareness. Harding to do since player chat has devolved to easier bans even for those not communicating.

So really shot at them, be aware, use CC.

It’s really not hard. And you have an array of options at your disposal in every role now.

Sombra is pretty awful at hindering Venture. You can quickly turn towards the Sombra hack sounds and drill to interrupt them. Even if they get hack off before you can turn, you can land a primary, get the ability to drill again, and primary again before Sombra can secure the kill due to their damage nerfs. The window is tight, but in the time I’ve put in on Venture I’ve found Sombra to be ineffective at countering me.

Cassidy on the other hand has a much stronger version of hack against Venture that cannot be interrupted, dodged, and is incredibly difficult for Cassidy players to miss with a much longer range.

3 Likes

it’s just like a reaper wraith, you play around it once it’s used.

4 Likes

Cassidy, Sombra, Echo, Pharah

Dude you just wait for the overaggressive flanker to pop in and hack them.

It really isn’t.

Like timing a hack on burrow is really easy. Timing a hack on any mobile flanker makes them panic like you wouldn’t believe.

It helps a ton.

JR: Aim bombs at the mound, as soon as the launch animation starts out of the ground you head shot it.

Kiriko: So, how'd you pull all those heists?
Junkrat: Bombs!
Kiriko: Uh huh. And?
Junkrat:
    Was... was there supposed to be another step?
    Get this: more bombs!

Range doesn’t affect her because she has a better version of Wraith form to cross places where a sniper would have los.

Watch her go towards you while underground, slowly step out of the way when she pops out…and shoot her.

1 Like