How do you Stop Venture?

I’ve yet to face a Sombra that has made me think, “Wow, I am being rendered useless here” like I have against a Cassidy.

It is possible I’ve only played against terrible Sombra players in nearly 20 hours of Venture gameplay. I’ve had one that have caught me with all my abilities already on cooldown while leaving spawn. But I just adjusted how I left spawn and didn’t use drill the second time to get around that.

Sombra just doesn’t feel as oppressive as other options when answering Venture in my personal experience.

Venture’s invuln is annoying. Its also the reason I say “there needs to be stuns in the game”. No one likes them, but naturally we need a way to tell heroes like Venture, Reaper tracer and such to stop moving for a second and prevent them from becoming invincible.

You shoot them, that’s how

I don’t see how this affects that they’re weak to range. Anyone can hide from LoS.

But not anyone can continue closing the gap while being impossible to hit.

1 Like

This Situation Calls for More Bombs

BRRRRRING!
BRRRRRING!
BRRRRRING!
Kaboom!

1 Like

Huh… You mean like Reaper?
Junkrat? Pharah? Genji?
Surprise Battle Mercy?
Lifeweaver? D.Va? Winston?

Granted only one of those is actually impossible to hit if they’re using a skill. The others are just very hard to hit.

“Look at me Rocket lady i’m just like you” - Junkrat

I do the same w Brigitte but with shield up so I don’t take any initial damage. Mostly it ends w her running away!

Burrow isn’t the ability you should be afraid of. Just play around their Drill Dash and Venture is harmless.

My 15 or so hours on Venture so far, I’m usually the one hunting the Sombra kehehehe

(Diamond 2 for reference. Not amazing sombras, but not necessarily bad sombras)

2 Likes

Try Cassidy or Reaper (Maybe Symm) they make heavy amounts of damage, even Cass Granade can stop him from run away

People are just too used to reaper being completely garbage, a close range dps with invulnerability that is actually good is a quite the novelty indeed.

High ground. Use range and high ground. That’s what I do on support. I stay on high ground to avoid them.

Cassidy, Pharah, Echo are pretty good

Venture counters Junkrat. While not the hardest counter he can’t do much against them.

A good Cowboy grenade followed with 2-3 shots work really, really well.
Unfortunately when i play support, i am not the very Cowboy and i suffer a lot.

I play Illari but sometimes Venture still can outrun me or appears next to me without a single sound cue.
I heard LW players have an easier time?
If you play support your only hope is your team to have a brain, otherwise you are doomed.

1 Like

I’m sitting.

Theres still mei. Honestly id argue gengu but there are specific abilities that go through deflect so I wont nitpick and let it slide.