How Do You Get Through a Losing Streak

So I’m in a comp losing streak, lost 100SR already. Not really willing to drop further because the games aren’t the best quality down here, it’s a grind.

What are you meant to do? I’m bored of quick play - use it to warm up anyway and it feels like a waste of time unless I’m specifically trying something out. I’ve learnt not to expect to bottom out in SR, so how to actually pick up comp again?

2 Likes

I take a break for a day when I lose a lot. It let’s my mind reset and calm down. Usually I can then preform better when I come back

First at all take a break, like day or two, bcoz you are onlyone who is forcing yourself to lose these games. After that short break make few games, like 2-3 and post replay codes here so someone could watch them and give advices.

2 Likes

Play more comp, learn the game better=profit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Get a party for qplay from lfg bit higher level than your ordinary matches are

Yeah that’s what I think doesn’t happen. You’re less motivated, in a worse quality game and just as liable to lose. And when you do, you’re sentencing yourself to an even longer grind.

Stop playing after 3 loses in a row and play later after a break.

It’s not a real session of ladder unless you lose the first 4.

6 Likes

Good morning Toop…

I’ve quoted at least 3 other people in this response and I’m REALLY hoping you pick up on the pattern but in case you didn’t, the general consensus here is to take a break after you’ve lost.

My personal recommendation after losing 1 game (especially if you’re convinced it wasn’t your performance) is to walk around, get some water, go pet the dog or something. Stop for 15 mins.

If you loose the game after that one, stop playing Competitive for the day/night…

Also… Some of the other forum members and myself have created a discord serve with the goal/intent of trying to help players like yourself improve overall performance.

If you’re interested, please use this link.
(Mind the spaces).

https:// discord.gg/DDfQwy

1 Like

losing streak lol

If you take 100sr lost as losing streak, take a rest.

2 Likes

I get tilted and troll down another 500sr. Idc anymore, so it’s whatever. The farther down you go, the easier it gets. It’s always back and forth, the MM is crap, so I just play. Its very liberating having nothing to lose.

3 Likes

If i’m on a losing streak and I’m feeling tilted I typically walk for a bit, recenter myself. I also have a “don’t care” or “under an influence” account that I pop onto when in those streaks. It’s around the same SR.

1 Like

What platform is your discord for

PCMR :joy:

Honestly everyone is welcome. The principals are pretty applicable across the board…

Mood. Just smurf down to Bronze and clap cheeks, you won’t regret it

2 Likes

I’ve taken the route described in the second route, tanking all my SR, and I have had enough trash games down in the basement that I’m cautious about dropping too far. Climbing takes long enough as it is.

That seems to make no difference the higher or lower I go, personally. Maybe you are closer to that magic rank where everyone plays correctly.

Do you ever actually bottom out though?

Lowest I’ve been is high bronze, around 1300 I think, on my off-role. Then games get really easy for a few matches.

Take a break from the game if absolutely necessary.

But if you decide to keep playing (or when you come back) have a strict policy for yourself where you stop playing and take at least a short break if any of these happen.

1. you feel yourself getting tilted.

2. you lose more than one (or whatever number you decide) games in a row

3. you lose more than 3 (or whatever number you decide) games in a session

This will help avoiding you tilting yourself into more losses than you would otherwise have.

1 Like