How can this game survive?

You’re not too old. Blizzard just lost touch with reality.

20 Likes

I find it really weird how this acceptable.

We laughed about horse armor dlc in the past, but its not even funny seeing what prices they ask in OW2. It’s sad.

5 Likes

Well if it’s profitable enough, that.

If anything, I’m more upset about the hero being locked than the skins.

Hopefully they come to their senses and don’t put “December Tank Hero” behind a 5 week grindwall.

The monetization a lil cray but all u need is the base game and ow1 didnt die after 6 years and things are in full swing again on ow2

1 Like

I think we both know that this will most likely not be the case.

It was already bad the add the the only new support character behind a battle pass despite it already being the smallest roster and it being in dire need of new support players to bring the queue times down.

Blizzard clearly has a different goal. One that is driven by corporate greed.

Yeah, but now we have lost things from OW1, and what we get new is a pain to unlock unless you are willing to pay for it.

I don’t see how players will like this.

2 Likes

You’d think, but I wouldn’t have this many posts if I had strong faith in the devs doing the right thing.

For example,

I think this is where we differ.

You are optimistic and hopeful. You have faith in the devs and this company.

I’m pessimistic and cynical. I have no faith in the devs and this company.

I do admit that I have seen them do things right, but i have also see them mess up big time. Things that could’ve been easily avoided by simply using common sense.

I consider this battle pass system a massive downgrade of the lootbox system and mistake that will backfire big time. That’s why I’m wondering if this game can survive that long.

It’s free, so people can play it whenever, and they make money from the people who are willing to pay for cosmetics and the battle pass. It’s clearly a more profitable method as proven by other large games for the multiplayer format.

Well yes, and no.

Do any of these features sound familiar?

But do you think it will reach the succes and appeal on the same level as Fortnite, Apex and every other F2P game with battle passes?

I sincerely doubt it.
I would it to be successful of course, but i can’t help but being skeptical.

1 Like

after the 30 days days and hype die the game will start to bleed players
s02 will be 20% of the players existed at launch
the game gives nothing
so players will leave .

4 Likes

Exactly.

These players will more likely go play other F2P game that feels more rewarding.

The real question is, if ur enoying the game, why do u need skins?

1 Like

I have no idea. I don’t play them as they don’t really appeal to me (particularly the BR format, aesthetics, characters, and gameplay, etc.) but clearly they’re popular so they must be doing something right. I see some uproar against the payment methods in Fortnite, particularly with children getting involved with purchasing products irresponsibly, but it seems to make no difference in changing pricing.

True, but i also mentioned it might become a chore to unlock new characters and repetitive I’d the balance is only every couple months.

I’m almost finished with the battle pass. At this point I’ve given up on trying to accomplish weekly challenges as the reward is a mere cents rather than dollar bill value.

I think after I finish the battle pass I’m done playing Overwatch 2 until next BP.

The actual game is fun but the map pool is small. It doesn’t feel rewarding to play. Halloween event is monetized, so I won’t be logging in.

I don’t understand how blizzard ent put the okay on this half attempt at a game.

They didn’t “Redefine A Sequel”
They destroyed Overwatch.

I’ve waited years for this game only for it to become stale after weeks. See you next season I guess.

3 Likes

this is the new reality of video gaming, and its here to stay

1 Like

to this moment i dont know how the same mother company ( activation blizzard king )
have a good game pass and gives lots of stuff can create such abomination f2p business model
what appears to me that they used the same team of team diablo immortal abomination monetization system on OW2 And this is the results

1 Like

Because large publishers had dollar signs in their eyes when they seen the Asian market models, so kept pushing the model over and over until everyone got desensitized to it becoming common place. The model doesn’t even require majority acceptance, as it follows Pareto principle, vast majority of the income comes from a vary small group of addicts.

Hell even southpark called out this BS like seven years ago.

Ironically, I think Valorant has introduced account level borders not too long ago (22/06/21). Whereas Blizzard was set on removing it. Personally, I like the direction Blizzard took.

Account level borders were nice to look at, but often times it gave the wrong impression to players thinking that higher account level borders = better player, especially in competitive mode. So I think it was for the better that this system was gone.

Regarding feeling of progression, there could be otherways to provide that feeling besides account level borders.

I’m not a fan of locking new heroes behind a battle pass either which takes a long time to unlock for free. I still don’t know what happens when you miss out of this current battlepass. Will you never be able to unlock kirko then?

End cards, I miss and I’ve heard that Blizzard are looking into bringing them back, right? But medals though, I don’t miss them at all and I prefer this new scoreboard.

Biggest gripe for me right now is the queue times worsening for the tank role. Back in OW1, both support and tank role had instant queue (less than 30 seconds) which was nice. But now, I have to wait at least 1 - 2 minutes for the tank role, 3 - 4 minutes for DPS, and 5 - 30 seconds for the support role.

So while the DPS queue time has improved compared to before, it’s still a bit too long for me to bother queueing for that role. Since I don’t like waiting 2 - 4 minutes everytime I want to play DPS in unranked/quickplay mode.

And now, it takes even longer for me to play the tank role compared to OW1. So the only role that remained instant is the support role…